"Falling Snow, Melting Illusions" collaboration recruitment.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Lordxvirus

"Falling Snow, Melting Illusions" collaboration recruitment.

#1 Post by Lordxvirus »

Note: This is a collaboration effort, not a commission. We are amateurs after all, yet ambitious and dedicated.

Hello! I am Lordxvirus and for the past several months I have been in charge of a small, yet passionate amateur visual novel team. We are currently in need of a few dedicated, yet equally passionate and ambitious as we are.

Who are we looking for:
*One writer
*Editor
*Another artist
*coder

Story synopsis:

In the world of Aria, unexplainably only 1 out of 300,000 people possess the ability to use the most rare and powerful of abilities; magic. Magi are always under the watchful eye of a secret society, only known to most as just a rumor, which keep mages from abusing their powers. Many non-users worship magi to a near God-like status, revering and fearing them as if they were the Goddess herself. Using the ignorance of common folk alike, Marcus Trabette (our protagonist) has made himself a new living as a “traveling magician”. He is charismatic, intelligent and cold hearted, only caring about himself and the weight of his coin purse. However, he is not a magician. In fact, Marcus truly detests mages and all those who so blindly worship them. Throughout his travels, Marcus has found different techniques to create illusions that look just like real magic. Most normal people have never seen true magic, and real magicians rarely use their magic in the public eye. Traveling from town to city, Marcus quickly builds himself a reputation as traveling magician whose acts drawn in hundreds of people, all who unquestioningly donate to his performances. All of this changes when he is invited to perform his acts for one of the most powerful Kings in Aria. However, his performance goes awry and he is framed for an assassination attempt on the princess’s life. He would have been executed on the spot if not for, Alanna, who is not only a mage, but a member of the secret society, who convinces the king to spare his life. Marcus is now thrown into a world filled with magic, war, politics and power struggle. Will he be able to survive this foreign country or the dangers it possess?

*end synoposis*

Character sketches and bios:

Marcus Trabette
Marcus Trabette
Marcus Trabette aka "Matchless Maxillian". Our charismatic, intelligent and cold protagonist. Using his natural showmanship, he draws large crowds everywhere he performs with his "fake" magic. His conflicted emotions stem from an event in his childhood that develops into a deep seeded hatred of true magic, which gives him motivation to prey on the ignorant crowds who gather mindlessly by the hundreds.
Reina the cold blooded soldier.
Reina the cold blooded soldier.
Reina "the cold blooded soldier". Reina is known as one of the best swordsman in all of Cassidina. Ever since she saw soldiers passing in the city at a very young age, she vowed that she would dedicate her life to become a soldier. Her passion and skill were quickly noticed in her training and she was promoted to guard the princess at a young age of 15. For the past 3 years she has always been by the princess's side, protecting her from harm.

Ceciela concept.jpg
Cecilia the childish princess. Since birth, Cecilia has been spoiled by her aging father. As a princess, Cecilia would rather spend her days in fun, dancing, singing, and enjoying her life, rather than learning the ways of running a kingdom. As her father's health begins to decay, she is next in line to rule the kingdom. She now must sacrifice her life of fun for a life of ruling.

Lia the foreign maid
Lia the foreign maid
Lia the foreign beauty. At a very young age he was sold unto the kingdom from a foreign country by her parents who were struggling with an immense amount of debt. Here she was trained to become the Princess's hand in waiting. Being at such a young age, she has limited knowledge of her parents but even though they sold her, she still wishes to know more of them. However, the king has treated Lia as a member of the family, even allowing her to enjoy meals with them. The princess and Lia have become more like sisters in their many years together. When she isn't doing her maid services, she spends her free time in the kingdoms immense library, studying and learning about anything she can.

Alanna sketch Makk.jpg
Alanna the mage. Alanna is not only a mage, but she is a member of the secret society of mages who govern the laws of magic throughout the world. She has a vast sense of duty in terms of her services to the society. Her serious facade can make her difficult to communicate with as she seems to prefer being alone rather than make friends. The king has hired her from the Order to aid in protecting his kingdom.

*end character bios*

We have quite a few more sketches of characters who are important to our story!

So are you interested still? What do we need and expect from anyone wanting to become a core member of our team?

As a writer, your main responsibility will be working with our writing team (that includes myself) closely. Coming up with story, concepts, the flow, themes, etc. We are the ones who, lack for a better term, create the story.
*You need to have a flexible schedule to work with the rest of us.
*You need to be comfortable working in VOICE chat with the rest of the team.
*No need for prior writing history, but any experiences would be great.

As an Editor, your main responsibility will be making sure the story is not only clear of ALL grammar mistakes, but flows in a coherent and fluent pattern. You should be able to seamlessly connect writing from any writers into one common style that doesn't take the reader out of the story.
*You have more lenience in terms of schedule. However you should return edited content within a couple days of it being assigned to you.
*Voice communication required only during assigned meeting days.

As an artist, we need you to help support our current artist with the work load.
*I do require a similar level of skill relevant to the images I posted. Please give examples of past works and drawings for reference.
More information for artists will be given to those interested.

I am unfamiliar with coding. Those interested in coding for the team, need just reply and more detail can be discussed at that time.

I truly hope that you join our dedicated and ambitious team! Thanks for reading and see you soon!

Lordxvirus

Re: "Falling Snow, Melting Illusions" collaboration recruitm

#2 Post by Lordxvirus »

Currently only in need of a coder and another writer!

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#3 Post by Zetsubou »

You might have more luck finding a coder if you can give some insight into what you'd need them to do.
For a basic VN you might not even need a coder. Showing characters, dialog, etc. is very simple and really doesn't require any programming knowledge.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

sailormarymoon
Deviantart: sailormarymoon

#4 Post by sailormarymoon »

If you want a basic VN I might be able to help out.

ShatterMe

#5 Post by ShatterMe »

Yo, yo, yo! Writer reporting for duty! :lol: That sounded cooler in my head, I swear.

I am a very competent writer, and tend to use very good England, especially compared to the writers of a number of VN writers I have seen. That isn't to say I don't like the visual novels in question, but English (or any other language that it may be in) is a very important part of any VN, and I would like to contribute to making your project a success in both that field and just general plot enjoyment from the player's perspective.

My Name: I don't have a pseudonym, and I basically just took my name from the Lindsey Stirling song I was listening to. Heh. So, you can just call me Shatter, Tyler or my high school nickname...... "***** *****er".

My Experience: I have not written/done any work towards a VN in the past, but I have plenty of experience with writing. Alas, most of it was centered around professional wrestling. Alas, I just misused alas. But, I have also written High School stuff and a couple of Alice In Wonderland Concepts... Okay, the latter were weirdly tied into the wrestling. But I have written other things, I just don't have any real record of it. Let me just say this... I can write. I also intend to code VNs in the future. Until that time comes (which will be after the collab ends), I would like to work with you all.

My Strengths/Self-Observations: I'm good at writing essentially any character type. From angry, demonic ones to ones that love kittens and glitter. Silly or serious, I've got it down. Human or other, I can probably cover it, though I may have to read up on a few things. A lot of my previous writing, though certainly not all of it, was based around a single role-played character, meaning that I had the same character throughout, having them take various different story line directions. It also means I was interacting with other people's characters. In cases such as these, I struggled to write a male character, but in the case of writing multiple characters in the same story, I have no trouble writing a male character. In the case of a visual novel, the only difference you may notice is that the female characters will be slightly more interesting than the male characters. Then again, it looks like your female characters are pretty interesting anyway. Oh, and I sometimes method act characters to some degree. Now I'm just starting to sound weird, but I wrote a character who believed tea to be the most important thing in her life. So, I drank tea while writing the character's script and it helped me to get into the right mindset. In a visual novel with multiple characters, I'm more likely to just method act the emotion of the scene itself.

My Project Goals: Well, first off, I want to bring up something that I don't think is too likely to be an issue for this particular project. I am comfortable to work with NSFW moments, but not majorly NSFW story concepts or scenes based around hentai/eroge. With that off my chest, I would like to bring a unique spin to your project. Within the confines of what you request, complex or simple, I believe that I can bring your ideas to life and make every character's script different and unique without changing their characters. Not only that, but I will make it my personal duty to clearly develop each character (mostly in script, not in general concept, as that is not my area alone) to make sure that everyone can see plenty of the character's personality... Or very little, if the character's pretty mysterious.

So... If you agree to let me collab, I'll shut up now. :wink: Nah, but seriously, respond here if you want to discuss anything, or PM me if you would like to get a hold of some writing samples. Thank you for reading, and I hope to work with you soon.

Sincerely,
- Someone who is still listening to the same Lindsey Stirling song he signed up listening to and used as a username. What? It's a good song.

Lordxvirus

#6 Post by Lordxvirus »

I just PM'd you! Hope to hear back soon!