Artist for hire! For great justice! [OPEN]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Yokura
Regular
Tumblr: yokudraws
Deviantart: yokura

Artist for hire! For great justice! [OPEN]

#1 Post by Yokura »

Update: 9/14/2014
One project went on hiatus. I'll be tentatively open for another project slot. Slightly busy with the other projects so I won't be accepting any big sized projects.

What I offer:
Character sketches and concept
Sprites (Lineart or color)

Prices:
Any concept or character sketches are $5-$10 depending on detail
Fully colored sprites are $25
Sprites come with 1 expression and 1 outfit.
Additional facial expressions are $2 per.
Additional poses/outfits are $3-$10 per depending on complexity.

Examples:

General Information

Tools
Bamboo Tablet
Paint Tool SAI
Mechanical Pencil/Eraser
Strathmore Sketchpad

What are you willing to draw?
Anime/manga style humanoid characters. Wings, animal ears/tails, and robot parts are some examples of fantasy humanoid additions.
Nudity and mild sexual themes are fine too.

What do you not draw?
Graphic sexual scenes

What do I need to provide before you can start the commission?
If I accept your commission, I need a detailed description of what it is you want to be drawn. If you have reference pictures those are great! The more detail, the better.

How do I commission you?
To ask for a commission, comment on this thread or send me a PM. I will let you know within a week if I am available for commission. From there, we will be probably communicating via PM/messengers/emails.

Terms
You:
Are allowed to edit the file as much as you want.
Are allowed to showcase it in your gallery with credits to me.
Are allowed to use it wherever you wish. Commercial or non-commercial.
Are required to credit me somewhere in places you use it.
Are not allowed to claim you drew it.
Are not allowed to resell it.

I:
Will post the commission to my gallery for display purposes unless requested otherwise.
Will post your name in commission unless otherwise requested.
Will let you know if there is a delay and refund you if for some reason I cannot complete your commission.
Will not sell your commission in any way without permission (Prints, edits, etc).
Will not claim I made your character.

Payment
Via Paypal/credit card: Half of the payment before I begin commission, and the second half after I present you the final preview. Then I will give you the hi-resolution PNG copy. PSD/.SAI is available upon request.

Refunds and Revisions
The first thing i will provide you with is a sketch. If there are any revisions you'd like at this point, I would be happy to do them. I would like to avoid making any major changes towards the end of the piece.

At any point during the sketches and revisions phase, I will be fine with doing a full refund of the down payment. I will not move on until you are okay with the sketch and the direction that it is going. Once you give the okay for me to continue onto lineart and color, I will no longer accept refund requests.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Current Work

Delicatessen (Sprites/Concept)
The Cursed Lotuses (Coloring)
External Website and game programming (Coding)
Hiatus
Chocolate Kiss (Sprites)
Last edited by Yokura on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yokura
Regular

Re: Artist for hire! For great justice! [OPEN]

#2 Post by Yokura »

Revamped commissions categories and pricing. I realize that using too vague of a layout isn't very helpful for people looking for specific artworks on a VN creation forum. I hope I made details clearer and easier to read!

More specifically, I am offering character sprites and character sketches/concepts. I'm going to be trying to build up more works to show and open up CGs eventually.

Yokura
Regular

#3 Post by Yokura »

Added projects and misc. I'm currently working on. I will probably accept only one more project to work on before I would be uncomfortable with my workload.

Yokura
Regular

#4 Post by Yokura »

Added Chocolate Kiss to projects: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=23988

No longer accepting any projects to work on! At least until I finish a lot of the work. Can't wait to get them allll done! Have lots of free time after the convention this weekend. Hurrah for lots of months of no school or works.

Single piece commissions are still open. E.g. Poster/CG/Promotional art/Single sprites

Yokura
Regular

#5 Post by Yokura »

Update: One project went on hiatus. I'll be tentatively open for another project slot. In an effort to finish off the other projects swiftly, I won't be accepting any more big projects. I'm open for short projects or promotional art.

I'd like to move the thread to "I am an Artist" forum please!

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#6 Post by Sleipnir56 »

So sorry...I'll try and write Megan's path for you today though, and forcably kick my but into gear. Once I'm online skype, I'll give it to you :) . Let's just work on that together. I'm not going to do the others for now because I want to work on this with you. Thank you so much for being patient :mrgreen:

Yokura
Regular

#7 Post by Yokura »

Don't feel pressured~ If anything it gives me time to speed through my other projects. Do whatever will help you most, because I can sympathize and hate working under stress. It's hard to make good creative works when it feels like you're scrambling to catch up so just take your time and make sure you take the time to do the best you can do!

I'll be on skype regularly, so throw it by me whenever you want or if you just feel like rambling about it.

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#8 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Thanks again ^^, and I'm glad you say that. I know it can get frustrating at times when the writer doesn't come though. I'm going to work on it today though, and get out of this funk. I'm really sick of it :?