[HELP US PLS!!!] We're looking for a Filipino VN maker!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
elaionod

[HELP US PLS!!!] We're looking for a Filipino VN maker!

#1 Post by elaionod »

Just as what the title says, we are looking for a Filipino visual novel maker who can help us in making our visual novel. We're willing to pay your asking price as long as we can afford it. :) It's actually rush because this project's deadline is already on September so we badly need your help! Pls pm me for more info. regarding the vn game. Hope someone can help us!!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: [HELP US PLS!!!] We're looking for a Filipino VN maker!

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

This thread is better suited to the Recruitment forum.

In order to recruit people here, you need to reveal a few details about your project: What is you game about? What's the theme/plot? How much work have you already done, and what remains to be done. Specifically, what work would the person you're looking for have to do?

Also, you ought do define what you mean by "visual novel maker". A universal talent who's capable of doing everything - writing, art, music, programming - a VN writer who speaks/write Filipino, a Ren'Py programmer who's willing to code a game in a language other than English?

Please add the missing information.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

The only thing you need a Filipino for is if the writing is in Tagalog. Or if you have a problem communicating your ideas in English. Most Filipino producers tend to collaborate internationally. Or if you want 3rd world prices, most Filipino artists have plenty of international clients so prices have pretty much stabilized at global rates anyway.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

Also, be prepared to use Western Union because Paypal hates and discriminates Filipinos apparently. Western Union will never screw you... EVAR! Western Union has many branches conveniently located near you to send and receive money. You can even do online transaction in your own convenient pace without the over complicated and somewhat unnecessary pesky paperworks... Seriously, PAYPAL SUCKS! They won't even allow to connect my Paypal to my Bank Account despite being excellent status! They simply don't trust Filipinos and connecting it to my Card is a freaking hassle which took MONTHS to resolve...

Paypal is scum! Don't trust them! They will hostage your money when given the chance! They did it to me and countless others... Just saying... In Philippines, Western Union is KING! If there is problem with your transaction or some form of discrepancy, they will gladly assist you... Paypal will just give you a Middle Finger and pass the burden to you!

OK slight derailment sorry, but yes, as DaFool says, you don't need to limit yourself to Filipinos to create your VN (I believe this is for a Thesis) but if you do go ahead and hire a Filipino... don't use Paypal... you use Paypal you support the scum of the earth...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

This isn't a discussion about making VNs in the Philipines but a recruitment thread for VN makers. Please stay on topic.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#6 Post by curry nochi rice »

if this is a thesis, please spill more details... excluding the system design, but then I would prefer if you just post the "pitch".
:v Deadline is in September? Good luck, I tried making a game in one semester and it's currently still a work and progress. Anyway, I bid you good luck in recruiting staff members..
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.