Join Black Sheep! A Visual Novel Creation Team!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
finnishtea

Join Black Sheep! A Visual Novel Creation Team!

#1 Post by finnishtea »

My name is Madiha and this is a new visual novel group called Black Sheep! We are currently looking for new members!

Okay, so my idea is to start a visual novel group. This group creates visual novels of all types to release and just for fun and entertainment. I’ve wanted to start a group like this for a while but I wanted to wait until I got the hang of different types of visual novel engines and now since that I have experience, I want to start looking for people to be involved.

Positions Available:

Artists: The artists are in charge of creating characters, backgrounds, and CGs for the game. They can be made in any style but we will give you specifics on what it is that needs to be drawn. Of course you can create your own original characters. Backgrounds are also very needed and CGs as well. You can be an artist for all three or just two or just one. Please specify. (No limits as of yet for artists; The more the merrier!)

Story Board: The story board creators are in charge of writing the story, writing in the choices, the different endings, the different routes, etc. The visual novels I want to create will have choices and any ideas for stories, choices, and endings would be greatly appreciated. I will also provide ideas and choices since I have a vast amount of them. The story board creators are also somewhat responsible for the characters and the music that will be included. For example, a basis idea of what the characters should look like and their personality. As well as the setting and what needs to be drawn by the artists. Of course, the artists do have a say in what should be drawn or not! And for the music, what type of music should be included in each scene. Same goes for the composers (There will be a limit for story board creators)

Composers: The composers create the music for the game. The music in visual novels are usually background music meant to not distract the player from the game with your music genius. (Which it probably will) The story board creators will let you know what type of music there should be for each scene but the composers have a full say in what they want to compose and give for each scene. (There is no limit on composers)

Script Writers: Script writers are in charge of putting the media that the artists and the composers create into the game itself. To become a script writer, you must be familiar with working with the Ren’Py visual novel engine. The story board writers will give you the draft of what must be written into the game itself. The Script writers are like the finished package of a game. (There will be a limit on script writers)

Editor: The Editor will be in charge on the quality of the game. That includes grammar and spelling errors, in what areas the game can be improved, and may put changes in the script. However, you must check with the script writers and the story board writers before hand. The Editor may not freely change things in the script. This position is taken

Note: Each position is equal and one does not have more power than the other. One position can’t tell another to do one thing and they only have to do that. Each position has their own freedom of speech. You can also apply for more than one position if you’d like but you would be in charge of two things at once!

And it’s not like I’m not going to be contributing! I’m going to do my best because I don’t have any music or art talent, I would be in charge of overlooking the whole production as well as the story board, script writing, and being one of the editors. Of course, it’s not like I have power over your position. I’m just the person who started the idea.

Teamwork is very important if you want to work in this group. If there is a reason, I will not hesitate to pull you out of the group.

If you would like to apply for any of these positions or have any questions, please e-mail me at:
madihaa4u@hotmail.com
In your application, please state the following:
Name:

Where you live*:

Which position you would like to apply for and why:

Something about yourself and relevant information:

{Optional}: Include a link to your Tumblr so it’s easy to identify who you are:

{Optional}: You may include some of your works if possible:

*The only reason I’m asking where you live is to determine your timezone and if you don’t want to state where you live exactly, please just name the timezone

Thank you for reading! I hope this group can take off soon! Spread word to others as well!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Join Black Sheep! A Visual Novel Creation Team!

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

It's enough if you post this thread into one of our forums; duplicating a thread is neither required nor desired. The Recruitment forum is certainly the right place. I deleted the duplicate thread for you.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira