Looking for Ren'Py programmer! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturum)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
thestringsofgold
Regular
Projects: Nova: Synthesis Creaturum

Looking for Ren'Py programmer! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturum)

#1 Post by thestringsofgold »

Nova: Synthesis Creaturum is a visual novel in the works, and is currently in need of a programmer with basic to intermediate coding abilities in Python using Ren'Py. For more information about Nova, take a look at our thread here on the LSF or our website.

You don't need to have much experience, but showing me examples of past works you've done is quite fine! Since this visual novel is a non-commercial one, you won't get paid for your services. You will get to advertise yourself (and your personal sites!) on our website and other social media.

I'm looking for someone who can:
-Script the dialogue
-Be able to do basic animation for images
-Insert music/SFX/character voices
-Create a full custom interface with provided graphics
-Possibly make basic mini games (Ex. a point-and-click game)

If you're interested, you can PM me here or send me an email at thestringsofgold@gmail.com. Thanks for your time!~
Last edited by thestringsofgold on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

Re: Looking for Ren'Py programmer! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturu

#2 Post by Zetsubou »

What do you need in a programmer?
Is this someone just for scripting the dialog, creating the interface, etc? Or do you need a full-blown battle engine?
I understand that you might not have hard-set requirements, but you're more likely to find someone if you outline what's expected of them.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

thestringsofgold
Regular

#3 Post by thestringsofgold »

Zetsubou wrote:What do you need in a programmer?
Is this someone just for scripting the dialog, creating the interface, etc? Or do you need a full-blown battle engine?
I understand that you might not have hard-set requirements, but you're more likely to find someone if you outline what's expected of them.
Ah, you're right, I should have outlined some things! Thanks for the tip.
-Script the dialogue
Image Image

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#4 Post by MoonStar »

thestringsofgold wrote:
-Script the dialogue
not to be an ass but there's nothing much outlined its same thing as in the first post
Anyway scripting the dialogue inserting music/sfx/character voices and making a custom interface is pretty easy with unity and C# (and from what i played with ren'py also tho my experience is in unity currently ) not sure about the animations haven't gotten there to play with it yet and test but hey that's still 4 out 5 its still good right? 8) gimme a pm if your interested with abit more details on what you want

thestringsofgold
Regular

#5 Post by thestringsofgold »

MoonStar wrote:
thestringsofgold wrote:
-Script the dialogue
not to be an ass but there's nothing much outlined its same thing as in the first post
Anyway scripting the dialogue inserting music/sfx/character voices and making a custom interface is pretty easy with unity and C# (and from what i played with ren'py also tho my experience is in unity currently ) not sure about the animations haven't gotten there to play with it yet and test but hey that's still 4 out 5 its still good right? 8) gimme a pm if your interested with abit more details on what you want
It's the same thing, because I added it in later. :D And I'll PM you.
Image Image

thestringsofgold
Regular

#6 Post by thestringsofgold »

Thanks for everyone who contacted me! It's been decided that Marionette will become our new programmer.
Image Image