English Proofreader for Experience! [free]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Clestae
Regular

English Proofreader for Experience! [free]

#1 Post by Clestae »

Hey everyone!

I'm still relatively new to Lemma Soft. I joined about a year ago because I thought I would get a project going and when that didn't pan through, I sort of left. However, I wish to be more involved and perhaps get my own VN made someday. But I recognize that this is a tight community (generally speaking) and I wish to get some experience and contacts first.

I have more experience writing and a bit of coding, but I would love to learn more. That being said, I would like to offer my services to someone as a proofreader for English!

I can join a team or just be a freelance for someone. I'd be happy to proofread for not only general grammar/spelling, but also plot structure, character development, or just someone to bounce ideas off of when you get writer's block! Someday I hope to progress to an actual writer position for someone, but I need some clout first :)

Sadly I have no professional experience. I have multiple writing projects in process and have taken many high-level English courses in high school and college.

I will link to two short stories I wrote for a creative writing class a couple of years ago in hopes that it will show that I do know the English language (I'm not saying I'm a great writer--thus why I'm starting as a proofreader!). The link goes to my stories that I just posted on Figment just for you guys to see!
Story 1: Beauty City
Story 2: Beach Ball
((admins: if for some reason this is inappropriate to do, I'm so sorry and I will take them down asap!))

If you desire something more VN-related, I will try to get a snippet of my own WIP visual novel.

I have experience with writing (and can therefore proofread):
  • Realistic
  • Fantasy/Sci-Fi (and all its derivatives; I'm good at world-building)
  • Horror
  • Romance (not so much with erotica)
  • Anything involving lots of techno jargon
  • All kinds of dialogue including "accents" and writing for different ages
  • Probably more; just ask and I can likely figure it out!

I hope this helps if you consider me for proofreading! If you need some more examples or you have any questions about me, please don't hesitate to ask! If for some reason I get lots of people asking me, I will have to prioritize who I will work with and who I will have to say no to.

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

Re: English Proofreader for Experience! [free]

#2 Post by Mickychi »

Your story Beauty City is really lovely and creative ;) <3
Also if you want to learn more about writing for your own story (or if you're on a team as a writer for another story) I suggest maybe open a thread where you get others to state a scenario for you to write and then get them to give feedback on what you wrote for that scenario.

Also, I'll keep you in mind for when I need a proof-reader ;)
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Clestae
Regular

#3 Post by Clestae »

Your story Beauty City is really lovely and creative ;) <3
Oh thank you! :oops: I'm glad you enjoy it! It was fun to write; typically my stories are too big to fit in a short story parameter lol.
Also if you want to learn more about writing for your own story (or if you're on a team as a writer for another story) I suggest maybe open a thread where you get others to state a scenario for you to write and then get them to give feedback on what you wrote for that scenario.

Also, I'll keep you in mind for when I need a proof-reader ;)
Interesting! I'll keep this in mind. I need to do more flash writing anyway, and it'd be a good way to get people to know my name.

And thank you! I'm so far just helping two people with some minor stuff, so I can still help out until otherwise noted! :)

eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]
Tumblr: eeveetron
Deviantart: eeveetron
itch: eeveetron

#4 Post by eeveetron »

pmed you :)
Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter