Recruiting a writer [PAID]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Badriel
Regular
Completed: Clockwork City
Tumblr: badrielart
Deviantart: badriel

Recruiting a writer [PAID]

#1 Post by Badriel »

Introduction
Hello, I'm Badriel, and I'm looking for a talented writer willing to work in a team on a small Visual Novel.
The project's details are a subject to change and will mainly depend on writer's skills and preferences.

Project Submission Guidelines
  • Favoured Genres: Gothic Horror, Crime fiction, Urban Fantasy, Thriller, Mystery.
  • Content should be suitable for audiences aged 16+
  • Sample Lenght: 1500 - 6000 Words
  • Formatting: Ren'py formatting welcome but not obligatory. The chosen applicant is expected is expected to acquire familiarity with Ren'Py formatting as fast as possible.
  • Accepted formats: TXT, ODT, HTML, PDF (sample only).
  • Projected finalized script lenght: 56,000 - 85,000 Words
  • Routes: Two - Three
  • The applicant is to specify which name they wish to appear under in the game's credits.
  • Knowledge of flags and routing system very welcome.
Payment conditions: $85/10,000 Words. 50% Paid upon script completion, 50% once Release Candidate has been completed. The applicant recognizes that rewrites may be required of them and agrees to perform them as asked in a timely manner.

JD_Mortal
Regular

Re: Recruiting a writer [PAID]

#2 Post by JD_Mortal »

Do you already have an outline prepared?
- Plot
- Time-line

Etc...

By the description, "three paths", would be the primary paths... However, will this also require some non-pathing interactions? (Interactions that might just expand the readers insight or the over-all completeness of the final story.)

Badriel
Regular

#3 Post by Badriel »

JD_Mortal wrote:Do you already have an outline prepared?
- Plot
- Time-line

Etc...

By the description, "three paths", would be the primary paths... However, will this also require some non-pathing interactions? (Interactions that might just expand the readers insight or the over-all completeness of the final story.)
We haven't prepared any outline yet. Everything will be decided in cooperation with the chosen writer.

Yes, we expect a lot of non-pathing interactions.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#4 Post by MoonStar »

It sounds to me your looking for a writer that has basic if not medium knowledge of ren'py scripting also I'm no expert in vn's or ren'py for that mater but isn't the scripter's job to format and insert the text received from the writer?

EDIT:

Also you say your going to pay half upfront and half after the job is done but in your description you say the full project is 56,000 - 85,000 Words that's a difference of at least 300$ how will manage that? Its no longer 50-50 if you give longer payment after the job is done.

Badriel
Regular

#5 Post by Badriel »

MoonStar wrote:It sounds to me your looking for a writer that has basic if not medium knowledge of ren'py scripting also I'm no expert in vn's or ren'py for that mater but isn't the scripter's job to format and insert the text received from the writer?
Renpy isn't complex nor difficult. The necessary basics can be learnt within 2 minutes. The rest is up to the coder.
MoonStar wrote: EDIT:
Also you say your going to pay half upfront and half after the job is done but in your description you say the full project is 56,000 - 85,000 Words that's a difference of at least 300$ how will manage that? Its no longer 50-50 if you give longer payment after the job is done.
It's not written that the payment will be given upfront. Half when the script is done, the rest, when there's release candidate running.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#6 Post by MoonStar »

Badriel wrote: It's not written that the payment will be given upfront. Half when the script is done, the rest, when there's release candidate running.
its still impossible to make 50-50 under the current conditions for the final project

Badriel
Regular

#7 Post by Badriel »

MoonStar wrote:
Badriel wrote: It's not written that the payment will be given upfront. Half when the script is done, the rest, when there's release candidate running.
its still impossible to make 50-50 under the current conditions for the final project
How so? The changes within the script between the script's final version and compiling a release candidate are marginal.

chaos

#8 Post by chaos »

hm hm, all these genres sound up my alley, but how's a sample that only covers one or a few? i have a short horror/mystery story i've written for a project, it's just about a page long, i could send it over. unless you want the sample specifically written under given instructions?

Badriel
Regular

#9 Post by Badriel »

chaos wrote:hm hm, all these genres sound up my alley, but how's a sample that only covers one or a few? i have a short horror/mystery story i've written for a project, it's just about a page long, i could send it over. unless you want the sample specifically written under given instructions?
If you've got something fitting at least one of the mentioned genres, I'd like to see it. Although one page story isn't long, having a longer sample make it easier to judge your writing style.