A new artist on the scene

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Nightz

A new artist on the scene

#1 Post by Nightz »

Hello! I'm Nightz, an artist trying to get some work and I was hoping to get some work from anyone, with a little bit of a fee. I offer low prices of course, and here's some work (mostly fan work mind you but, meh).

I'm more of a sequential artist, but I know enough how to make sprites and backgrounds, and if you see anything you like, feel free to contact me either through here or via private message, and we can discuss things.

Or if you have any questions or such, feel free to ask right here.

And here's a price guide:

$5 per character sprite (Fully colored with five facial expressions)
- Each poses acts as a different character sprite
$15 for a cutscene

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Nightz

Re: A new artist on the scene

#2 Post by Nightz »

If anyone's interested, I can provide more references or such. I'm just looking for some work.

Tyrantauranox
Regular

#3 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Your stuff makes me want to abandon all VN stuff and start a Megaman-like game project!

To tempt the VN makers, I'd consider setting up a character style sheet, showing the same person in several different poses and emotional states:
http://hdwallpaper.ws/images/2012/09/-F ... aper--.jpg

At least, that's what I'd do if I was a character illustrator...

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#4 Post by nebulaway »

your art reminds me of ryukishi07 (or higurashi or umineko if you're not familiar with his name). ^^

i have a question: how comfortable are you drawing statues and different states of the statue (for example: hands covering face, hands disappeared, hands reaching out, etc)?

Nightz

#5 Post by Nightz »

nebulaway wrote:your art reminds me of ryukishi07 (or higurashi or umineko if you're not familiar with his name). ^^

i have a question: how comfortable are you drawing statues and different states of the statue (for example: hands covering face, hands disappeared, hands reaching out, etc)?
I'm quite comfortable with doing that. If you wanna give me an example of what ya need, I can give ya a free sample

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#6 Post by Kato »

Just popping in the say I love the art. Goodluck with your commissions! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#7 Post by nebulaway »

Nightz wrote:
nebulaway wrote:your art reminds me of ryukishi07 (or higurashi or umineko if you're not familiar with his name). ^^

I'm quite comfortable with doing that. If you wanna give me an example of what ya need, I can give ya a free sample
something kind of like a weeping angle from doctor who: youtube link except not a demonic face.