Making a Visual Novel Group

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Making a Visual Novel Group

#1 Post by dmasterxd »

Okay so I decided I want to make a Visual Novel group. But it will be a relaxed one. Relaxed meaning no deadlines, everyone works at their own pace and I won't pester you. I'll ask how everything is coming along once every couple of months but that's pretty much it. Also just let me know when you're dealing with personal life problems and don't plan on working on the game for a while. But I'm always active and so I'll respond to your messages as quickly as I can. Which believe me is pretty quick. Also everyone is allowed to join. Even if you only want to be a simple idea contributor and you'll still be considered a part of the team and listed in the credits.

As for our first project how does this sound:

Summary: A wish. The magnificent enormous tree standing in the center of Okaraka town is said to have the ability to grant a single wish to whoever manages to climb up to the top. Of course only a handful of people actually believe in this age old Urban legend. Sasaki Jiro is not one of those people. He's never believed it not even as a small child now he's finally returning to his home and his opinion hasn't changed in the least.

Plagued by strange visions as he returns to his hometown for his final year of high school, Jiro's younger cousin, Inoue Sora somehow manages to get Jiro to join the Astronomy Club. Among the two cousins in the club are Fujimoto Shiro Jiro's childhood friend, Nura Misaki, a mysterious loner, Chitose Akira, the genki class president, and Hasekura Hinako, a preppy seventh grader. Eventually Jiro begins enjoying his time with the Astronomy Club but underneath all the happiness and playful comedy there are dark secrets lurking inside everyone's souls.

Writers:
Here is what the writers will do. Depending on how many of us there are we split them up into routes accordingly. So if we only have five writers each one will be working on a different route. But if we have say ten, I'll split them up depending on strengths and weaknesses And if you're not comfortable about doing a certain route, I'll switch you out with someone who is. Just let me know.

Artists
Artists we'll be split up into different sections.

Line Artists: Make line art for the sprites.
Sprite Artist: Will need to make simply five sprites with at least three different poses and all the basic expressions (happy, sad, angry, jealous, flustered) All I ask is that you have the basics of anatomy down. Also if it's not too much trouble anime-style please.

CG Artists: Will need to make CG's for each route. A minimum of two for each will suffice, so that's at least ten in total.

Backgrounds: You don't necessarily have to be an artists for this. As long as you can provide backgrounds somehow. But if you want to draw them you may do so.

Programmers
Basically just do your Ren'py thing. We'll need some a lot of choices so make menus. And if you ever feel like spicing it up, go ahead and use ATL or something. Some frequent use of the snowblossom effect would be appreciated.

Musicians
We'll need at least twelve songs to work with. Any of them can be either fully orchestrated or single instrument tracks. Also make sure to make some joyfully comedic sounding songs and some sad melancholy/pretty sounding sounds.

Editors
And last but most certainly not least editors. Anyone who is willing to edit and proofread the scenes. This includes editing out typos fixing grammar mistakes and letting the writers know anything that's out of place or doesn't make sense in a scene.

I plan to work as a Writer and Musician. So if you're interested PM me. Or if you have question leave a reply. I welcome all to this new group because I believe that even if we're loose about this project, it'll undoubtedly be finished. Because as we all know everything ends eventually. Also you will need to add me on skype, we won't be using video only the chat rooms. If for some reason this is entirely impossible for you let me know and I'll make accommodations.

Our team so far:

Writers
Me
Ina
turblentDuvet
Oberon127

Artists
holeycheese (Sprites)
verinrei (CG's)

Programmers
Rietr
Suneku

Musicians
Me
Ark99k

Editors
Ina
Aqueous
AoyamaReika
Last edited by dmasterxd on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

Re: Making a Visual Novel Group

#2 Post by Sayuui »

Hi there. How long do you think this project is gonna take? (like how many months?)

I'm really into your story, I'm sure many people will appear in no time. Good luck recruiting! ; v ;

dmasterxd
Regular

#3 Post by dmasterxd »

Sayuui wrote:Hi there. How long do you think this project is gonna take? (like how many months?)

I'm really into your story, I'm sure many people will appear in no time. Good luck recruiting! ; v ;
Hey thanks! As for how long this will take I can't be exact about it because everyone will be working on their own time. But if I would like if we could finish it in about four to six months since this is a fairly simple project nothing too fancy. But this is by no means a deadline just a goal for motivation.

Suneku
Completed: Nach Innen - Prolouge

#4 Post by Suneku »

I can program your game..=) seems easy..=)

holey_cheese

#5 Post by holey_cheese »

I'm interested. How complex do you want your sprites?

Ina

#6 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turbulentDuvet
Projects: Con Amore, Overtura, Allegro Non Troppo

#7 Post by turbulentDuvet »

Astronomy? Writing? Angst?

I would love to see about being an arc writer if you would have me :)

what structure are you looking at using? what is the target wordcount?

yes please o3o
Last edited by turbulentDuvet on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The oceans will be here long after our species is gone.

Unless Joanna ruins everything...

dmasterxd
Regular

#8 Post by dmasterxd »

holey_cheese wrote:I'm interested. How complex do you want your sprites?
It doesn't have to be too complex. Just some 2d anime style sprites in a bishoujo sense (but this is won't be an eroge, probably should've mentioned that sooner)

Leon296
Completed: just wait....
Projects: title's not finalized yet.
Organization: nah
IRC Nick: Leon

#9 Post by Leon296 »

"I'll ask how everything is coming along once every couple of months"
Hmm. I think that may be too relaxed. Aside from that could you provide some more detail about the characters?

dmasterxd
Regular

#10 Post by dmasterxd »

Leon296 wrote:"I'll ask how everything is coming along once every couple of months"
Hmm. I think that may be too relaxed. Aside from that could you provide some more detail about the characters?
Well if you want I could personally check up on you in a shorter time frame. But I feel as though everyone works better with as much relaxation as they can get. As for the characters the original post is a much detail as they currently have. I want everyone to have artistic freedom. But since I gave all but two characters at least one personality trait, here are Sora's and Shiro's.

Sora- Jiro's kind and dependent younger cousin.

Shiro- Jiro's impatient and super popular childhood friend.

dmasterxd
Regular

#11 Post by dmasterxd »

turbulentDuvet wrote:Astronomy? Writing? Angst?

I would love to see about being an arc writer if you would have me :)

what structure are you looking at using? what is the target wordcount?

yes please o3o
Structure? It's going to have a Nakige's structure if that's what you mean. If you mean the arcs, there's going to be one locked final route. And all others are available from the beginning. As for the target wordcount, I'd like to shoot for around 40-60k (for the entire game about 10k for each route).

ark99k
Regular

#12 Post by ark99k »

I would love to do music for this project! This seems like it would be fun!

Starliv

#13 Post by Starliv »

I'd like to try writing for this.Or at least giving ideas for the plot/ routes.

verinrei
Projects: Three Wishes, In His Eyes, Falling Star

#14 Post by verinrei »

oh my! i'm interested! can i be the artist? ^///^ it looks so much fun!!