(closed)HELP WANTED! -after- (Non-Commercial)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
nyaminkan

(closed)HELP WANTED! -after- (Non-Commercial)

#1 Post by nyaminkan »

-after-

A romance visual novel by Dark Sloth

after is a non-commercial game and it will be an unpaid job.

MAIN STORY

- - - -
In the lush lands of Iridium, Witchcraft is a crime punishable by death. Lilith is a young orphaned girl, left in the care of her step-mother. She spends her days locked away in her room, dreaming of living far, far away from the wicked wench and her two daft half-sisters. One day, when she’s cleaning, she stumbles upon her mother’s belongings- a locket and a tattered old book that seems to used to be her mother’s diary. But, when she decides to open it what she finds is not a series of gut-wrenching journal entries about the pains of being a woman, but pages full of strange words that only she can seem to comprehend. It is then that she realizes her mother was a witch, which definitely makes her one as well, noting the strange things happening around her lately as she nears her 16th birthday. Now Lilith must learn to control her powers, while concealing them from the public as well. But when one of her half-sisters finds out about her powers, she manipulates Lilith into casting spell on the callous Prince Adrian, so that he might fall in love with her on the condition that she’d set Lilith free. But,what really happened after the clock strikes midnight?
- - - -

Hey, everyone. I’m minkyan and I’m creating a visual novel (otome game) and was hoping I could find some dedicated and talented people to contribute to this project of mine. I’m a novice at this and I wanted to compose a team of people who are interested in this sort of thing.

If you are:
Serious
Interested
AND
Available
PLEASE DO feel free to apply. ^~^

DARK SLOTH IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:

WRITERS

(Dialogue/Script, Story, Character Development, Character Background, et cetera)
This team will be responsible for the overall story and characters of the game. Writers may have one (or more) area of expertise. Your main job is to create a solid story-line for the game to follow and work on the novel aspect of the visual novel.
NOTE: I've planned out some things, but I’m open to editing, deleting, constructive criticism and harsh flames. In fact, I welcome it as long as the whole plot isn't going to be changed. /.\

ARTISTS

(Character Art, CG/Background Art, Sprites, Line Work, Coloring, et cetera)
This team will be responsible for the art of the game. Artists may have one (or more) area of expertise and choose to split the work, as long as it all comes together in the end. Your main job is to make the appearance of the game the best it can possibly be and work on the visual aspect of the visual novel.
NOTE: I have some character appearance ideas as well, but I’m totally open to changing things. Also, there are currently 10 characters, however I understand that that's way too many people, but I'm thinking of cutting it down to like 5-7, or maybe even less. Whatever the artists feel is a reasonable proportion.

MUSICIANS & COMPOSERS

(SFX & MUSIC)
This team will be responsible for the entire music and sounds of the game and adding an element that gives the visual novel a bit more life. Your main job is to create a series of tracks that will give a certain mood to the game and work on the audio aspect of the visual novel.

----

Here are the required forms:
Name/Alias:
Applying for:
Contact (preferably Skype):
Comments/Questions:

It's preferred that you show me a sample of your work, but you don't really have to.
Please either post your form below or send it to this email address: morgan.reevesn@gmail.com

I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING AND WORKING WITH THOSE WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS, BUT I NEVER HAD A SOLID PLOT/CHARACTERS IN MIND/shot I RECOGNIZE THAT THIS TYPE OF THING TAKES A VERY LONG TIME, BUT EVEN SO I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS
AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, YOU WONDERFUL CABBAGE, YOU, AND EVEN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO APPLY, LEAVE A COMMENT OR ASK QUESTIONS OF WHAT YOU THINK.
Last edited by nyaminkan on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nathan
Regular
Completed: Saving Zoey[2014]

Re: HELP WANTED! -after-

#2 Post by Nathan »

Just wondering, how much have you already done in terms of game progress? And what role will you play in the production?

nyaminkan

#3 Post by nyaminkan »

I'll most likely be the one programming and I'll also be working with the writers alot,most likely and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by terms of game progress (I'm new at this,sorry.) I sort of "outlined" the story. I have two "arcs" thoroughly planned out, both centered around the two individual romantic interests in the game. I also have about 12 characters, including secondary ones, written and paired with a back story. But, mainly the primary three characters have solid ones, right now. I have an abundance of possible endings in mind being that I want this to have a sort of darkish theme to it. I have alot of this stuff written down, but I wasn't sure if I should include that stuff or not because of the format it's in. But, I'll definitely include it if it makes people more comfortable as soon as possible(most likely tomorrow). A friend(who will be working on the music as well as writing) has the instrumental for what may end up becoming the instrumental for a theme song. Is that what you mean or something else entirely? And could you be kind and specify, please? As I previously stated, I'm new to this and in addition to this but being fun, I'd like for this to be a learning process as well, so that the next time I may choose to do something like this again I'll be able to use the experience.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#4 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Hello there, welcome to lemmasoft. Progress is usually what you have done, like the gui, characters, story outline, script, art, etc. You should probably tell us a little bit about yourself more and all the experiences you've had so far with your programming or visual novels in general? What kind of person are you? Tell us if this is a commercial or non commercial game and if the positions are paid. Are you finished with the planning stages?
ImageImage

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#5 Post by Joshua1207 »

I don't believe you said whether or not this is a paid job?
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

nyaminkan

Re: HELP WANTED! -after- (Non-Commercial)

#6 Post by nyaminkan »

This will be a unpaid job.