Seeking Character Artist for Short Porject Just One Day(GxB)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
shikatarose

Seeking Character Artist for Short Porject Just One Day(GxB)

#1 Post by shikatarose »

Hey, I'm new here, but have looked through these forums for months now, so I know how things are on here. I've decided to make my own game though, and am looking for a character artist for my first game. It's on the short side like around 20,000-30,000 words. I'm hoping to get it out around early December, or at least by Christmas. I can't pay, but can offer coding, proofreading, or writing. If you'd like an example of writing then please just ask me :) .

Story- After a horrible break up with her boyfriend, Amaria decides to go visit her cousin who lives in a small town near the coast. Upon arriving, she hopes that the fresh sea air will help her get over her troubles and give her a relaxing summer. However, upon meeting Tai, the town's junky, Amaria's longing for peace is quickly interrupted when she realizes this guy is living with her cousin! Now she must someone how deal with Tai's rude attitude, and a naive cousin who is guy obsessed, while finding her own way of getting over a broken heart.

Characters

Amaria- Our protagonist who is trying to get her life together after a horrible break up with her boyfriend. Amaria is a kind girl, but has quite the mouth on her at times, and isn't afraid to speak her mind when she believes in something. Because of her weight, she finds it hard to take part in the dating world, but continues to strive to love herself and not let the harsh words that others say get to her. Her favorite hobbies are either singing in the shower, or playing video games. Many say she is a child at heart despite her rather serious nature, and she can be considered quite the tomboy. Has a love for anything chocolate.

Tai-A guy who Amaria finds is leaving with her cousin, much to her dismay. In town many believe Tai to be some kind of a delinquent or womanizer because of how he treats people, and lots of rumors go on about him even being a murderer. He cares very little for the gossip about him though, and just does things at his own pace. Tai can come off as really rude, and sometimes even critical of the people he encounters, but does have quite the passionate side for music. Not much is known about his past, or even where he comes from, but once meeting Amaria, he slowly begins to find himself again. Tai can be considered a bit of a fighter as well, but he'd rather spend his time thinking about his next song, or sleeping on roofs.

Kai- Tai's older brother. Kai comes to the town in order to convince his brother to return home and make amends with their father. Like his brother, Kai isn't much into the social scene, but is constantly sought after by women, especially older ones. However, even with his cool and mysterious demeanor, Kai is actually quite scared of girls because of an incident during his childhood. Strangely, he becomes able to get along with Amaria, probably because of her maturity. When not fighting with his brother, or trying to please his father, David will usually go off to his world of drawing.

Tamara-Amaria's cousin and close friend. After Amaria's bad break up, Tamra offers to take her in for the summer and help her get over it. Tamara is Amaria's opposite, she's perky, rather skinny, and very outgoing. However, because of her clumsiness and very naive nature, she isn't the brightest of people, yet has a good heart. At times she can be very emotional and childish as well when it comes to guys. Doesn't take well to the word 'no'.

For now those are all the characters I'm going to have. It's really up to the artist if we should add anyone else, or just keep them without a sprite.

What I need from the artist: Someone who likes making Vn's, is friendly, and will stick with me. I also want to work with someone who likes to share there ideas on the story, and is willing to talk with me about how to improve it. You must have skype, msn, or email so we can talk. Also, I'm very happy with artist freedom, and don't mind any suggestions you might have for the art, and things like that :)

For the characters, each will have between six and eight expressions as well with at least two outfits: summer clothes, and swimwear. Kai and Tai might get a third outfit though, but I'm not too sure just yet. I'm not super picky on what kind of art I get either, so please don't hesitate to send examples.

One my side, writing will be done a few hours a day. Some of it has already been done, so if you'd like an example just ask me. Also, I'm up to sharing it with you if you'd like. I really like getting advice on how to improve :) . The prologue is almost done as well, and once it is and I've gone over it, I'll share it with the person I work with :)

Anyway, that's all I can think of to say right now. If you're interested in working with me and making this project become a reality, please send me a PM, or comment here. I hope to work with someone soon :) .
Last edited by shikatarose on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Seeking Character Artist for Short Porject Just One Day(

#2 Post by fleet »

" It's on the short side like around 20-30 words."
I'm guessing that is a typo, or do you want the artwork to tell the story?
What percent of the writing is complete?
Are you looking for any particular art style?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

shikatarose

Re: Seeking Character Artist for Short Porject Just One Day(

#3 Post by shikatarose »

fleet wrote:" It's on the short side like around 20-30 words."
I'm guessing that is a typo, or do you want the artwork to tell the story?
What percent of the writing is complete?
Are you looking for any particular art style?

Oops. Sorry. I'm still new to this info thing. I mean 20,000- to 30,000 words
And the prologue is almost done.
As for style, no. I'm not super picky on what I get :) .
And thanks for the advice. I'll change it on the main thread to :)

Sterkiherz
Regular
Projects: Comic: Miraclewish; Visual Novel: Murder Mystery Ghost Story (WIP)
Organization: Sterki Herz
Tumblr: sterkiherz
itch: sterkiherz
Discord: sterkiherz#7005

Re: Seeking Character Artist for Short Porject Just One Day(GxB)

#4 Post by Sterkiherz »

Hello! Are you still looking for an artist? If you want check out my deviantart for examples of my work :3
( sterkiherz.deviantart.com ). I would love to help you out and i do have a skype account and also tumblr. :wink:
๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ธ โœฆ ๐“๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฐ โœฆ ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ (sterkiherz#7005) โœฆ sterki.herz@gmail.com
~~Feel free to contact me for any questions~~
๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟเญจโ™กเญงโ€ฟ๏ธตโ€ฟ๏ธต
๐ป๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ & ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡๐“€๐’พ ๐ป๐‘’๐“‡๐“