"Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: "Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

#61 Post by Sapphi »

Yeah, I personally would just have their hair cover their chest, or if they were a little kid, just not give them too much definition. There's a way to draw nudity without making it look ecchi ^_^
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jing Ying

#62 Post by Jing Ying »

Whoo, everyone's characters seem to be shaping up quickly. B) Do we have a due date for this project, or is it free-and-easy?

Vector_matt

#63 Post by Vector_matt »

V2Blast wrote:Vector_matt:
Perhaps just mention that you give her your coat/sweater/hoodie/whatever for now.
Hmm... I suppose that might work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Also, anyone have any ideas as to what to name this project? I've got it in a folder called "Non-Allergenic" but, at the moment, that's just a placeholder.

I'm working on a possible design for the pet selection screen. I'll post the image once it's done for review/critique/etc.
Last edited by Vector_matt on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taesun

#64 Post by Taesun »

I did another 'concept art' of the fish xD
Except I can't colour for nuts, so I just used a key/legend/whatever. 8D;

I'm thinking of her personality to be sort of quiet, but sweet and cheerful. 8D; After all, fish aren't very noisy animals, are they?
Attachments
fishgirl.png
소녀시대<3
Gee Gee Gee Gee baby baby

Vector_matt

#65 Post by Vector_matt »

Rough draft of possible selection screen:
Obviously It'd be update to reflect the actual list of pets that will be included once that gets settled, and of course we could have an intro or something before the selection screen.
Oh, currently, in the image above, the pet type would turn blue when highlighted. I can easily change the highlight color though.

Edit: also, nice fish Taesun.

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#66 Post by ebonyskies »

Maybe the screen could be made to make it look like a website? Maybe have a computer screen border around it or something? Cause the main character does order the pet online, I think.
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

Vector_matt

#67 Post by Vector_matt »

That was my first idea, the problem is that, while I know some html, I don't know how to make it look nice/professional/real/whatever. Of course if someone can make a page that would work (or find one that has a good layout that I/someone can edit) then it would be a simple matter for me to turn that into an usable menu.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#68 Post by Sapphi »

What about something like this?
(Layout stolen from Photobucket ^_~)

I just made up the website name and stuff... didn't know what else to call it. XD
pet-project.jpg
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#69 Post by LVUER »

Then here's mine. Hey, the website is quite good. I'm quite confident in HTML, let see if I have time messing with the menu.

Ah, I just realize that I forgot to add the collar (since she's a pet), though I never see a frog with a collar ^_^
Attachments
Frog-tan2_Small.png

lunasspecto
Regular
Location: USA: New York City (school) and Massachusetts (home)

#70 Post by lunasspecto »

I suppose I'll just leave this thread and leave everybody in peace.

Good luck.
from the virtual desk of Kazuki Mishima

Vector_matt

#71 Post by Vector_matt »

I imagine collars would be optional since these "pets" would be inteligent enough to know not to wander off too far or for too long (unless they were mad at their caretaker).

Thanks Sapphi and LVEUR for being willing to help design the selection screen. Visual art is not one of my strengths, unfortunately.

Edit: Oh! Deerchan, I forgot to mention that I liked your hedgehog sketch. It's not very reminiscent of a hedgehog at the moment, but that's to be expected, I suppose, since it was just a rough sketch.
Last edited by Vector_matt on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#72 Post by deerchan »

Yes- I'm thinking that the pets arrive in a giant crate or are covered up in ribbons/tied up so they're covered (They're asleep, too) So just have the main guy get them a sweater.

The fish looks soooo great!! x3 Yush, she's perfect. The frog looks super cute as well!

The screen should be a website with buttons with the names of the animals. Photos would be kind of odd, since everything will be drawn. So just make a website-like screen with buttons and names on them, don't use a screenshot though, make up a browser and then put the screen in.
And we're still going with the idea that he gets on a website beforehand. (I'll write that part if it's okay)

Speaking of drawn, I need the backgrounds... I could do them but I'm horrible at them x-x Anyone willing to draw? I need:

A living room,
A bedroom,
An outside scene like a park ect.,
A kitchen (Not mandatory but would be nice),
A bathroom,
And maybe a scene on the inside of a shop or building.

I know this is a collab project, but please ask me or wait before making giant decisions. This is my idea, I want to have people participate in it but please don't ignore my posts. x__x I'm trying to keep it organized since we have so many stories, I know everyone's excited but if we're going to finish it we need to plan and be patient.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

Vector_matt

#73 Post by Vector_matt »

The only thing I can think of to add to the list of backgrounds would be the front of the house (viewed from the street). Besides backgrounds, I'll probably just need a crate (and the hedgehog obviously).

What about sound effects and music? I could use a sort of *wump* sound (and possibly some other generic ones), but if no one else has any need for sound effects then I see no point in adding any myself. As for music, I can't think of anything I'd need, but I could probably fit some in somewhere.

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#74 Post by deerchan »

Vector_matt wrote:The only thing I can think of to add to the list of backgrounds would be the front of the house (viewed from the street). Besides backgrounds, I'll probably just need a crate (and the hedgehog obviously).

What about sound effects and music? I could use a sort of *wump* sound (and possibly some other generic ones), but if no one else has any need for sound effects then I see no point in adding any myself. As for music, I can't think of anything I'd need, but I could probably fit some in somewhere.
Okay, first of all it's not just for you. EVERYONE will be using the same music. Flashkit has tons of good ones.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#75 Post by LVUER »

About the collar, of course the animal is smart enough, but depending on the story, I think some will rebeleous enough that they need to be collar-ed. Perhaps there is some kind of device in the collar (electrocution, hehehe) or tracking device so if they get lost, kidnapped, run away, or so the pet center could watch over the pet (perhaps with built in speaker and camera).

Websites with buttons? Hmmm... I thought using links and photos from real animals. Hand-drawn animals looks... I don't know... lacking... And buttons, I rarely see them in websites. Oh, well, I'll talk about this later after I have some examples.

@deerchan:
oh, no, I think there's no one here ignoring you (at least I never intend to). That's why we're asking you a lot or giving suggestion.