"Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: "Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

#136 Post by LVUER »

Well, I guess it's OK to have a little spoiler here. My pet (frog) have double personality. Like I said before, if the frog dried up, she will become dried-squid (and cries, I'm dyiiii~ng, give me water~~~). But if she soaks up too much water, she will changed into adult version (with big boobs and curvy body!) If she has just enough water, then she will retain her loli body.

When she is in child body, she is some kind of naive and moody. She shows her emotion easily but actually a shy person.

When she is in adult body, she is really kind and caring and can also a little bit sensual (fanservice, hehehe). In this form, she is more carefree but at the same time don't show up much of her emotion (although the expression in her frog face is a dead give-away).

When she is dried, she could only cries "I'm dyiiii~ng, give me water~~~~" ^_^ in moe-fashion, hehehe...

Taesun

#137 Post by Taesun »

Hmm, well I wanted the fish to be quiet, gentle and sweet... She probably doesn't talk, then?
But when she's angry, she'll just fume for a while (silently) and then be sad and lonely. She won't take the initiative to apologise, though. xD
Perhaps the 'love' ending can be a kiss through the glass of the fish tank? (lol)
소녀시대<3
Gee Gee Gee Gee baby baby

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

#138 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

The rat girl is very playful and always getting into things. She will destroy your wires and clothing if you aren't watching her closely. She's shy with any new human she meets at first, but she will warm up to you if you give her treats and play with her often. She will get scared and hide from you if you are mean or yell at her.

Oh and I also want to add that if no one joins in interested in the Guinea pig then I would also like to do the art for her. I can possibly get a writer or be a co-writer for her if she ends up being unclaimed.

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#139 Post by deerchan »

Yes, it'd be super boring if they were all the same. ^__^

The ferret girl is sarcastic, flirty and playful. She also likes to hide in small places, especially when she eats something.

Another things about stories though: Every one of them have the same back story (in a general sense)
They were all experiments/accidents and the scientist couldn't keep them so he's giving them out. However, each of them can have a different opinion of the scientist and how they were treated as experiments (Some can be better than others- the ferret has a deep seeded hatred for him in my case, but other animals may be more fond of him.)
I hope that's okay with everyone ^w^;
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#140 Post by LVUER »

It's alright (for me at least), though it means I have to heavily revamped the frog's story. But it's OK too, since it will make the story far less complicated (so I will make light and warm story instead of tears-bending story).

I also have though another pet. Also perhaps I would hold the frog and switch to it instead (or do both) ... And that animal is ... still secret. Wait until I made the sketches, hehehe...

Vector_matt

#141 Post by Vector_matt »

I'm planning on making the hedgehog be rather jaded, curious, easily bored, and very loyal to the few who manage earn her trust.
Her jaded nature would be mostly due to being rejected by several previous "owners" and her anger towards the scientists.
This is about the third different personality I've thought of though, so it may end up changing later. Indecision is irritating :(

deerchan
Regular

#142 Post by deerchan »

Vector_matt wrote:I'm planning on making the hedgehog be rather jaded, curious, easily bored, and very loyal to the few who manage earn her trust.
Her jaded nature would be mostly due to being rejected by several previous "owners" and her anger towards the scientists.
This is about the third different personality I've thought of though, so it may end up changing later. Indecision is irritating :(
This has been her only owner though- they're all the same, the scientist has just started selling them off.
And sorry if these changes are inconvinent, it's best if we keep it like that if we want it to be the best it can be ^^

LVUER
King of Lolies

#143 Post by LVUER »

What? It's been so long and there is no even a single update? Well, here's one...
The left is frog-tan in chibi-mode and the right is adult-mode. Perhaps it's not too scientific but hey, we're having fun, right?

BTW, I made this on my laptop (LCD) and when I saw in my desktop (CRT), the color is a bit off. I want to know how it's looked in your monitor?
Attachments
Frog-tan.jpg

deerchan
Regular

#144 Post by deerchan »

Ah yeah, sorry bout that xD; I guess we all got busy!

Ooo, very very nice, I'm loving the design for both, the colors look fine to me, they look very natural- is her hair supposed to be that gray though?

LVUER
King of Lolies

#145 Post by LVUER »

Well, it's not supposed to be that gray. In my LCD, it is silver (light gray), the coat also supposed to be more lighter blue (in fact, all color become much darker).

I think all people who look this at their CRT will get darker color and in LCD will get lighter color. So, any advice? Should I tune the color for LCD or CRT? Since both produce different color... Actually, which creates the "right" color, LCD or CRT?

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#146 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#147 Post by LVUER »

Thanks for the answer, Mugenjohncel ^_^. So the problem is gamma.

I made the picture in LCD and the color is much lighter than the one I look in CRT. It is not a problem though since I only use CRT for uploading/downloading (internet).

The problem is "how about other people that see my picture?" BTW, how it looks on your monitor? Is the hair dark gray or light gray?

Oh, and my video card (CRT) is NVidia GeForce FX 5600. The driver is an old thing though, it's from 2003. I forget the detailed spec since I bought it a long time ago (about 9 years ago I think). Ah, and it was such a cutting edge video card when I first used it...

V2Blast
Regular

#148 Post by V2Blast »

The hair looks fairly light gray for the most part, save for (obviously) the "shadowed" regions... Clothing seems a bit too dark, though.
Pie is delicious.

deerchan
Regular

#149 Post by deerchan »

Hmm, well I kinda like the darkness to the clothes. Gives it some more contrast, also makes the jean material look brand new. x3

Anyways- I should get off my arse and put up more stuff.

Backgrounds- We're still undecided on wheather to use pre-made backgrounds or make them ourselves, correct? While the premade ones (such as this one http://shass.sakura.ne.jp/html/sozai/old/old_htm/14.htm) are nice, we do have scenes that might need specific or altered backgrounds. Also these backgrounds are used in other games, which will cut our originality a bit.
So, should we appoint someone to draw them or should we just work with the pre-made ones?

We also need to figure out how we'll get all the plots together. Should we have a private thread or maybe meet on an off-site chat room?

Also, what programs are you all using to draw? I'm using gimp/sai.

Edit: Here's the ref. for the ferret girl. Sorry for the horrible art, it was a little rushed... ><;
ferretref1.png
This isn't my best work, but critique would be helpful.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#150 Post by LVUER »

I use Corel Painter X and Macromedia Flash MX. I want to use software that gives more crisp and sharp line but those two are I'm most proficient at. I'm considering Sai but still have no time to mess with it. Photoshop is too resource demanding for my poor old laptop.

About the BG, I think we should make it ourselves. For the sake of consistency and originalty. But I still have difficulty even making my own BG (not a problem if it's only a sketch, but coloring it is a different story).