Please test: Spirited Heart deluxe

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Please test: Spirited Heart deluxe

#1 Post by jack_norton »

UPDATE: I also uploaded the new demo, so anyone can try the new system (but of course to see the new endings you need the fullgame). New demo download links:
http://www.didone.com/games/SpiritedHeartTrial.exe (Pc)
http://www.didone.com/games/SpiritedHeartTrial.zip (Mac)
http://www.didone.com/games/SpiritedHeartTrial.tar.bz2 (Linux)

I just uploaded on my server the new BETA version. I really would appreciate if some of the people that bought the game would test it :)
All you need to do is go here: http://www.winterwolves.net/customer/index.php

enter the email you used to buy the game and redownload the file. The game is NOT compatible with previous saved games. The changes done to the game are many:
- New interactive job system: you can now choose to play each day of work in a fun dice-based game. The old instant result system is still available.
- Titles added: if you reach certain values in two skills you're awarded by an important Title
- Mission from Goddess: after a while you play, you'll receive a visit from your race Goddess that will give you a task to complete before you reach age of 30. If you succeed, you'll unlock an extra unique special ending for each race!
- you can now play until you reach the age of 30
- game texts completely edited/proofreaded by sake-bento

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by jack_norton on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

electric
Regular

Re: Please test: Spirited Heart deluxe

#2 Post by electric »

I just want to say that this Morax sprite is just too cute :D

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#3 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I would have to say that that elf chick is banging hot.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

I also want to say that ... I'm speechless 0_0
The game looks (and sounds) awesome. Good job!

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#5 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I got no traceback errors on my first play through, though I did find some grammatical errors and have some concerns.

In the start of the game, right before you decide to live on your own I got this sentence:
Frequent and bloody battles, and political-economic alliances that will crumble like stale biscuits.
This sentence seems unfinished somehow, like only a half formed sentence.

Small nitpick: Janime- First Encounter
To bad things didn't work out as planned. This place is packed and I have to work overtime.
I think I would change the word have to had and make her working overtime a past tense

Grammar Errors
Tailor Random Scenario:
You're having a somewhat dull day when a rich lady comes in, tosses her clothes carelessly at you, and order to have all her clothes cleaned before she returns. Aafter you return her clothes, you notice a pearl necklace and a pile of money on the floor.
There should be a 'you' after the word order in the first sentence and I think 'order' should have a 's' at the end too. The second sentence needs to take out an 'a' in the word 'After'

Random Encounter- Yuza in restaurant
Another frenetic workday in Yuza's restaurant
Should frenetic be frantic?

I don't get the sudden sickness thing, especially when my character has near perfect health. Especially after I just got off of a two week vacation and she still suddenly gets sick? It makes no sense. I think the random sickness should occur more often when her health is low and only rarely when her health is great, it just doesn't make sense any other way.

I hate that friend of hers who keeps getting married. She got married like ten times in my first play through and the trip takes way to much stats that I took months to build, which is hardly fair and it happens far to often in the game. It would be nice if you get as much benefits as they take away when they decrease your stats or at least be in better health and morale. It would also help if it happened less often too.

I have no luck whatsoever, which is fine because I'm blessed in real life, but with games like this where luck plays a role in how well I do on my job, it's not pretty. Luckily the computer had far better results than I did. :D

I still like the game so far, but it will take a lot longer to go through now that we got until the age of 30 to finish it. I don't like how you can either get married or have a career, but not both though. It's just seems unfair and remind of the past when women could either have a career or a husband, but never both.

I like Yuza's sad face, it's cute, but I wish they had a few more expressions though. The romances between some of the characters are really charming to me.

I personally think the taxing system is just daylight robbery, but this is a fantasy world so I guess it's just the cost of living. :|

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks for the feedback, things I'm considering:
- removing the frequency of some negative events (like the marriage one you mentioned) since indeed they appear TOO often :)
- taxes are 40% only if you choose "normal" level, you can try easy and will be max 30%
- I'm thinking to add an option for the romance, to completely exclude the random encounters with the boys, useful if you already saw all the marriage endings

about this:
don't like how you can either get married or have a career, but not both though. It's just seems unfair and remind of the past when women could either have a career or a husband, but never both.
It's just a game :) the marriage are the "happy endings" like of those in the fables, the career endings is more "standard casual gameplay".
computer games

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Okay, now I need to play this thing...
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

Ruruka-chan
Regular

#8 Post by Ruruka-chan »

Can you tell me when the Goddess comes.
And i love the Game (^x^)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by jack_norton »

Yes, that's another thing probably I need to change, perhaps she should show up sooner :D
It shows up when you're around 25 years of age, but with the new job system probably is easier to "level up" faster, especially at easy setting.
computer games

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I feel like laughing...

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#11 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I think the goddess should come at least a year earlier. I had thought that 5 years would be enough time to reach my goal before I turned 30 but after the second play through I still couldn't reach it. Does she change the goal each time she come?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by jack_norton »

Yes every time is random, but I just uploaded a new version with following changes:
- Goddess shows at 24 years now
- Added a button on relationship screen that toggles romance encounters on/off
- reduced the frequency of those bad random events
- slightly reduced the speed at which you raise your skills (since now the game lasts longer)
computer games

risingdreams
Regular

#13 Post by risingdreams »

Out of curiosity, is the demo the beta version?
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by jack_norton »

risingdreams wrote:Out of curiosity, is the demo the beta version?
No I'm doing the testing with the fullversion, once that one is OK, will do also the demo.
computer games

Asha

#15 Post by Asha »

I'll be eagerly awaiting your demo.