First Fleet, Scifi artist needed

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
32ndmir
Projects: First Fleet

First Fleet, Scifi artist needed

#1 Post by 32ndmir »

I'm looking for some help with making artwork in this new visual novel I'm making called "First Fleet." It's of course it's a scifi story however it's supposed to have a sort of heavier feel when you read it. If you wish to help please PM me on the matter, if anybody wants me to I can move this topic to a different spot on the forum. Also if you PM me I'll send you a copy of the storyline so you have a good idea what kind of vehicles and people are in it. I don't want to release too much to the public yet so I can't tell too much on the forum. :mrgreen:

As it apears though, I didn't put quite enough information yet so I'll try again. The visual novel I'm making involves multiple characters who wear what's pretty similar to modern medium assault vests. Also the characters regular cloths are really just like naval and army uniforms. Also the ships in it are kind of like in halo. That's about as much as I'll release publicly.

I guess it's about time I added a decent update. Just to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking (project too.) I'm still in need of art, and I still have plenty of room for that. Music is coming along nicely though. I'm willing to give plenty of information on the project, though the only thing is because I don't want to release it publicly send me a PM on it. Even if you're only curious that's fine too. I'm just trying to keep as tight a raps on it as possible.
Last edited by 32ndmir on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

Re: First Fleet, Scifi artist needed

#2 Post by JinzouTamashii »

No replies on this?

Well, most of us regulars are pretty well-connected... try, ah, setting up a blog on WordPress and asking to be added to the planet.renai.us aggregation.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

32ndmir

#3 Post by 32ndmir »

JinzouTamashii wrote:No replies on this?

Well, most of us regulars are pretty well-connected... try, ah, setting up a blog on WordPress and asking to be added to the planet.renai.us aggregation.
Hmm. At least you threw me a bone. Alright I'll try doing that.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

It sounds interesting, but I don't think I can help much, unfortunately. I'm going to leave the country in two weeks and I have my hands full with my own projects anyways. If nobody else appears though, I'm willing to donate some of my really old stuff that I don't need anymore for free usage. I don't even care if you don't credit me. Just don't get your expectations up that much... They're really terrible to look at.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#5 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Ah, well, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lead to you on. I'm just tied up in a lot of part-time projects that I wouldn't abandon for the world and it has absolutely nothing to do with money... just personal pride.

If you're patient, people will come to you. And be sure to check the GameMaker's Corner and Arts/Works subforums... the artists tend to gravitate toward there more than here, I've noticed.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

lorddon
Regular

#6 Post by lorddon »

You need to drop more info to get bites. Inspire people! :D
Discipline or Lack - My current projects and my progress on them.

32ndmir

#7 Post by 32ndmir »

lorddon wrote:You need to drop more info to get bites. Inspire people! :D
Hmm, Okay.

neowired
Regular

#8 Post by neowired »

Personally I tend not to buy any pig in a poke
I'd never devote myself to any project without first getting some description of what it is about so that I could decide.
Unless someone would offer a load of money for it, I guess ; p

But perhaps that's just me

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#9 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

PM me with more details and I might be able to help. What kind of battles will take place? Are most of the agressors in the war human? If not, what alien races are being fought? I can design aliens as well.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.