Artists looking for a project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Artists looking for a project

#16 Post by LVUER »

I agree with taking art course/class/or even school. They are the fastest (though not always the best). I study art by myself and I need more than 10 years to get better. I found an art tutorial book and I feel suddenly learn something worth 5 years of my previous self-study. And then I found internet (or more like internet found us), and I feel suddenly my previous 15 years of self-study is worth almost nothing.

And then... my friends who sucks at art, study under a famous art school. In 2 years, he already better than me -_-

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#17 Post by pkt »

Well I don't think I can become both an artist and an engineer. Maybe, I'll see what I can do. The art lessons I've had online and such did help out immensely. I'm still yet to get to that Room Vector.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

dstarsboy
Veteran

#18 Post by dstarsboy »

I just looked at art classes at my local community college, just for kicks... they're, like, 5 hours long! If I stayed at home and drew for 5 hours straight a few times per week I'm sure I'd eventually get better. LOL, but you're all right, having someone give input on your pieces and guide you in the right direction is immensely valuable.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

pkt
Veteran

#19 Post by pkt »

There are a lot of things they teach which isn't quite obvious though. Tutorials on the net do help alot if you know what to look for and how to find it.

A Terrible Rabbit
Regular
Projects: Kyuuketsuki BonBon

#20 Post by A Terrible Rabbit »

dstarsboy wrote:I just looked at art classes at my local community college, just for kicks... they're, like, 5 hours long! If I stayed at home and drew for 5 hours straight a few times per week I'm sure I'd eventually get better. LOL, but you're all right, having someone give input on your pieces and guide you in the right direction is immensely valuable.

@_@ All of my studio classes are five hours. . . Sometimes I have 2 in a day uuughhh.

Still, one year and a half down in art school, and I feel my improvement is drastic.

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#21 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

If I can go find that piggybank of mine I might recruit you for Sensus....OK, where'd that thing go?
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

pkt
Veteran

#22 Post by pkt »

Are you talking about me?

pkt
Veteran

#23 Post by pkt »

Not sure if it's okay to bump or double post here but better than starting anew one so here we go.

I can do the following
-characters
-items
-simple bgs
-digitally colored art
-vectored art[though I prefer inking]
-pencil and ink
-colored pencil art
-have a good attitude
-have lots of free time

While I can do some things on par or exceeding some of the other artists here I don't have an art tablet in operation right now. I have ink, pencils, a scanner and gimp and I'm good with those. I can vector a bit but it's not my main thing yet and it thoroughly sucks using just a mouse. I do however have a lot of free time and I'm willing to work for free on something that interests me although if you have a paid project then I'll let you set a price and I'll provide samples of some concepts.

You can contact me on
aim at pkthundaga
yim at pakoonff3exe