Looking for Someone to do Writing Critique

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Looking for Someone to do Writing Critique

#16 Post by musical74 »

Email sent....

Looks good so far! =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#17 Post by mysterialize »

Thanks much. Should I send the next set of files now?

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#18 Post by musical74 »

Sure, send them =)

This is shaping up to be a good game so far!

draringi
Regular
Projects: "Project Shi" (working title); "Project JanFeb" (working title:LSFCCVNG entry)

#19 Post by draringi »

"the genre is dark, modern fantasy/psychological thriller"
This sounds like my kind of thing. If you are still looking for another proofreader (as in, if you find 3 not enough), then I'm willing to provide assistance.
Current Project: Wolfram Shadow Devlog
Personal Blog
Current Projects:
"Project Shi" (working title)
"Project JanFeb" due completion date: 28th Feb, 2010

mysterialize
Veteran

#20 Post by mysterialize »

draringi wrote:"the genre is dark, modern fantasy/psychological thriller"
This sounds like my kind of thing. If you are still looking for another proofreader (as in, if you find 3 not enough), then I'm willing to provide assistance.
Actually, I've only gotten feedback from one of those three people so far, so I would actually appreciate the help a lot. If you PM me your email address, I'd love to send you what I have so far. I'll warn you ahead of time though: It's a lot of reading.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by musical74 »

Email sent!

This is shaping up to a good game! I like how the characters interact, and can tell not is all as it seems to be =)

mysterialize
Veteran

#22 Post by mysterialize »

musical74 wrote:Email sent!

This is shaping up to a good game! I like how the characters interact, and can tell not is all as it seems to be =)
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I responded with a few more scripts, along with some character sketches.

Dobuchu
Regular

#23 Post by Dobuchu »

Dark, modern fantasy/psychological thriller sounds like my cup of tea. Please send me something to read if you like. ; )
I'm working on my Creative Writing degree in college so I may be able to help you out some. That also means it'll take me some time to read through though since I'm busy with school work lol. : P

email: nihonjinjanai@hotmail.com

mysterialize
Veteran

#24 Post by mysterialize »

Dobuchu wrote:Dark, modern fantasy/psychological thriller sounds like my cup of tea. Please send me something to read if you like. ; )
I'm working on my Creative Writing degree in college so I may be able to help you out some. That also means it'll take me some time to read through though since I'm busy with school work lol. : P

email: nihonjinjanai@hotmail.com
Oh, geez. I'm getting a lot of applications here. I really want to accept, but, at the same time, if I keep sending the script to people for editing, then I'll run out of people for actually playing the game. XD

Someone with a writing degree would be a big help though, and the first two people who applied disappeared, so... Oh, fine, I give in. I'll send everything to you.

tigerkidde
Regular
Projects: Summer Tales of Katt and June

#25 Post by tigerkidde »

To me, this is quite an interesting thread. Many people reading the script, some correcting, some disappearing. I'm curious of what your script is about and look forward to its public release.

mysterialize
Veteran

#26 Post by mysterialize »

tigerkidde wrote:To me, this is quite an interesting thread. Many people reading the script, some correcting, some disappearing. I'm curious of what your script is about and look forward to its public release.
Honestly, I have no idea why this thread is so popular, or why the other two disappeared. My first post wasn't exactly detailed or intriguing in any way, so I'm guessing that either the genre is popular, or a lot of writers and such are just really bored. XD

I'm glad you're interested in it though. I should have the demo finished some time in early April, I hope.

Dobuchu
Regular

#27 Post by Dobuchu »

mysterialize wrote:
Someone with a writing degree would be a big help though, and the first two people who applied disappeared, so... Oh, fine, I give in. I'll send everything to you.

Hurray!! : D I think this thread is quite interesting as well.. just as someone previously stated above. Hmm... two missing editors. Are you sure you're script didn't eat them alive in all of its horrific suspence? Ha ha... anyways I sent you a few e-mails concerning my critiques. I hope you'll find them useful. So far the story's pretty interesting.

mysterialize
Veteran

#28 Post by mysterialize »

Dobuchu wrote: Hurray!! : D I think this thread is quite interesting as well.. just as someone previously stated above. Hmm... two missing editors. Are you sure you're script didn't eat them alive in all of its horrific suspence? Ha ha... anyways I sent you a few e-mails concerning my critiques. I hope you'll find them useful. So far the story's pretty interesting.
They were killed off. The real job of you remaining editors is to find out who killed them. Good luck, brave editors.

Thank you, by the way. I certainly did find them useful. Now I'm mostly just worried that my writing sucks. @_@ I'm glad you're liking the story so far though.

Dobuchu
Regular

#29 Post by Dobuchu »

mysterialize wrote:
They were killed off. The real job of you remaining editors is to find out who killed them. Good luck, brave editors.

Thank you, by the way. I certainly did find them useful. Now I'm mostly just worried that my writing sucks. @_@ I'm glad you're liking the story so far though.
Alright! (takes out a magnet a string) Now to find the criminal.

Don't get the wrong impression, you're writing isn't bad I'm just one of those people who like to nit pick on certain things. Believe me i've seen some bad writing in my time. I also just really enjoy heavily descriptive writing. : P But, now I understand that you're going to be relying heavily on images so it's my bad. ^_^;

mysterialize
Veteran

#30 Post by mysterialize »

Dobuchu wrote:
Alright! (takes out a magnet a string) Now to find the criminal.

Don't get the wrong impression, you're writing isn't bad I'm just one of those people who like to nit pick on certain things. Believe me i've seen some bad writing in my time. I also just really enjoy heavily descriptive writing. : P But, now I understand that you're going to be relying heavily on images so it's my bad. ^_^;
Why do I feel like I'm missing a reference with the magnet and string? It sounds so familiar... and aaargh, now it's going to drive me crazy.

No, no, don't you start feeling bad now. XD It's not your fault at all, because you're entirely right. I'm actually absolutely awful at writing heavy details. That's one of the major reasons why I'm going with a VN format for this. If I tried to make any of this a novel, it would be absolutely groan inducing, and not in a good way.