original music service

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
clea
Regular
Completed: Pixle, Sword of August, Outsmart, Eternal Grace, Wonderland Cosa Nostra, Koutack, Late Lino
Projects: Anuchard
Organization: stellarNull
Soundcloud: clealeshlick

original music service

#1 Post by clea »

Hi friends, clea leshlick here. I'm offering my music composition services for your projects, with a reasonable price. I'm sure that my musical style will fit just right on Visual Novels.

My portfolio and contact info is available at clea.trimutation.com.

Thank you.
clea

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

Re: original music service

#2 Post by cloudyssky »

Although I can't pay for anything at the moment, you're music is wonderful.
Although I could pay you in gratitude. :P
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#3 Post by cloudyssky »

Also on a double post note, "roaring tiger" definitly sounds familar...
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#4 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Nice selection you have there, it has a very heavy video game influence. I particularly enjoyed Razh Theme and Abandoned Building. If I weren't trying to create my own music for my projects, I would definitely consider you. Although, what kind of rates are you willing to offer, as most of the people here don't exactly have big budgets dedicated to music.
Live Life Heroically

clea
Regular
Completed: Pixle, Sword of August, Outsmart, Eternal Grace, Wonderland Cosa Nostra, Koutack, Late Lino

#5 Post by clea »

@cloudsky
Hi there, if your game is not commercial, I might let you use some tracks which is not licensed to exclusive use for free.

roaring tiger? 0-o did you find another song with high resemblance to it? Or.. maybe you have played the game where the song is featured? Anyway, I'm very open to critics, and even though I listened a lot to variety of game musics, I always try to be original.

@Allegro
Hello, I saw your page, nice drawing ^ - ^ , and I'm really looking forward to hear the music you will produce, knowing that you liked ZTS and Yuki Kajiura.

As for my rates, I try to be as flexible as I could. Although I'm not new to music, but I'm still kind of new in the game composer business, so will I need lots of exposure.

@all
thanks for listening and giving me feedback

IceD
Veteran

#6 Post by IceD »

I have to admit, that for a fresh self-thaught musican you're decent! Most of the tunes from your site have catched my ear (especially Abandoned building, Deep trance bullets and Free dome) and your music reminds me of older times, when the game sound was mostly made by demo-scene musicians, and that of Soundtemp (composers of music for Ragnarok online). I bet you have been preety heavy influenced by video game music, right?

I'd like to know what prices do you offer and what kinds of music do you like and are able to compose - I'd propably request some tunes in the near future for one of my projects, if they wouldn't be priced to high :)

Also, I see you're working on some private projects, right?

clea
Regular

#7 Post by clea »

@IceD
Hi there, glad you liked my songs! Yup, you are right, I'm heavily influenced by Japanese game composers like Masashi Hamauzu, Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura and other senior musician like Soundtemp. I'm also deeply influenced by Jrock and Jpop musicians such as Luna Sea, Kagrra, Akino Arai to name a few.

If you liked abandoned building, dtb and free dome, you probably prefer atmospheric and somewhat 'cold' music, and I really enjoyed creating those songs. As for what I can produce, I'm learning and growing each day, though my forte is ambient, electronic, orchestral fantasy and pop/rock.

Up until now, I've been working on tracks which is priced at 35-100 USD each, there's nothing for me to hide I guess.. but as I said before, I'm trying to be more flexible and I prefer to work closely with my clients to create the optimal music for their games. I'm a hardcore gamer myself and being one, I have developed good senses of music utilization in a game project, which are responsible for creating a 'great' game.

And yes, I'm working on some games where I'm considered as part of the team, and I also work on my own songs, to be released as singles.

\Nish/
Regular

#8 Post by \Nish/ »

Really nice music you have there! I personally love Psyche Gun and Sentiment. Roaring Tiger sounds like a classic RPG battle theme too, very nicely done.

Alphonse
Regular

#9 Post by Alphonse »

Darn, I can't help but be drawn to all the songs! Especially Deep Trance Bullets (it reminds me of my favorite video game series, Ace Attorney)! [sigh] I don't have any (real) projects though, and as a high school not-even-a-freshman I wouldn't be able to pay you. What game (or games) has the songs on your site?

I look forward to hearing your work in visual novels and other games and wish you the best of luck.

clea
Regular

#10 Post by clea »

@Nish
Thank you for listening ^ ^

@Alphonse
Thank you for your support! I will do my best to produce great game tracks...

Below are some games where my songs are featured.

Sword of August http://trimutation.com/Sword-of-August.php still on development
Eternal Grace http://eternalgracerpg.blogspot.com/? still on development
The Last Village http://www.funevergames.com/fun/2010/the-last-village/ released
Battle Gear 2 http://www.belugerinstudios.com/index.p ... l=FL091002 released