Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Revived!}

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: Love ♡ GET!! [WIP] [GxB] {Recruiting!} Updated!!

#121 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Okay, new coding plan! Sorry if you were working on our old one but a realization hit while scripting. It would be way easier to just set up a code that will keep up with the score. The ending with the most points would be shown. Each option would add a point to the overall score of that particular ending. It was so simple that it was standing in front of me with an awesome face and I didn't even notice it because I see the awesome face blasted everywhere.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#122 Post by sheetcakeghost »

AND NOW! For all you LOYAL watchers HERE is a snippit of the EXCITING EXHILARATING and NAIL BITING SCRIPT of Love ♡ GET!!
N "No, I can't just abandon him on his first day like this."

MC "Well, there are a couple of things."

N "I walk inside. I have 45 minutes now and it takes 20 of those to get to work. I should be okay if I'm quick."

MC "We have ants, so don't leave any food sitting out too long. Also the toilet doesn't like to flush right sometimes."

MC "Just reach into the back and lift the plug. You might want to keep the lid off for a while so Sean can flush it when he needs to."

N "I give him a quick tour of all four rooms of the apartment while I talk. He nods and smiles at me but I'm not sure if he's really paying attention."

N "I could quiz him on it."

Ask him if he's paying attention.

Leave it alone.
Will she ask him?! Will she not?! YOU DECIDE!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#123 Post by Aleema »

What's the "N" character? Narrator? You know you can customize the narration without having to make a new character.

It's a good script, story-wise! Keep writing ... lots more to do. *_*

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#124 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I do, yeah, but making it a character is really just as easy. It's only one extra line of code.

Hyda
Regular
Projects: Love ♡ GET!!

#125 Post by Hyda »

I'm at the edge of my seat! I wonder if she will ask him or not!!!

xD Being silly. I finished two more poses for one character. :3 I will scan them soon~ Going to have to sleep early tonight since tomorrow there will be a whole bunch of people coming over. ;A;

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#126 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Waaait, Aleema, were you telling me I could make it so instead of Narrator being a name it would just be blank? Well, I knew that too, but wouldn't want to misread your advice just in case.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#127 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Waaait, Aleema, were you telling me I could make it so instead of Narrator being a name it would just be blank? Well, I knew that too, but wouldn't want to misread your advice just in case.
Yes, I meant that instead of the THOUSANDS of "N"s you'll be writing, you could save that by just writing:

Code: Select all

$ narrator = Character(None, *customizations*)
With whatever customizations you want, and then your script could look like:

Code: Select all

"No, I can't just abandon him on his first day like this."
MC "Well, there are a couple of things."
"I walk inside. I have 45 minutes now and it takes 20 of those to get to work. I should be okay if I'm quick."
And still look how you want it to.

Hyda
Regular

#128 Post by Hyda »

Aleema is so awesome. >w< -dances-

I finished yet another character. This time, the librarian. Heh. I grabbed my sketchbook and planned to just doodle, but apparently my mind had other ideas. x) Next thing I knew, I had drawn out his character. 83 Go me~

I'll try to scan the drawings tomorrow~ So altogether I'll have three pictures to scan. 8D Three pictures in one day is pretty good. At least, I think so. x)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#129 Post by sheetcakeghost »

It's speedier work than what I've been doing. Now I feel sorta lazy.

Oh, that will save me a keystroke, Aleema. I'll go ahead and toss it in. Why not. Thanks for the tip.

Hyda
Regular

#130 Post by Hyda »

Just a small update~ Things are still progressing smoothly with the game. :3 Might have found a bg artist >w< I'm excited, but I am going to bed now. =w= I do need to sleep sometimes. xD;

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#131 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Sleep? Sleep?! We are making a GAME here! THERE IS NO TIME FOR SLEEEP!

Ahem, anyway. Writing is still underway as well. I'm getting the swing of the multiple choice writing style again, plus it's way easier now that I've polished off my coding skills and can visualize what will happen when and with where and toss the proper lines into the script as I go along. Man, I really wish JEdit had a spellcheck. That would save me so much copy and pasting. I know how to spell and all, but I just don't trust myself typing into a format that doesn't check for me in the wee hours.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#132 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Man, I really wish JEdit had a spellcheck.
It does! It's called VoxSpell. You don't even have to leave the editor to install it, too. Go to Plugins Manager, hit the Install tab, find it, and download it. Whether or not it works is up in the air, as only half the time that I install it, it works. Dunno what I do wrong.

Hyda
Regular

#133 Post by Hyda »

serenity-blue wrote:Sleep? Sleep?! We are making a GAME here! THERE IS NO TIME FOR SLEEEP!
You're right. What was I thinking? Silly me. Sleep isn't for video game creators. xDD

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#134 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Aleema wrote:It does! It's called VoxSpell. You don't even have to leave the editor to install it, too. Go to Plugins Manager, hit the Install tab, find it, and download it.
SWEET ROY RUBENS! I will certainly give this a look. It will save me SO much effort! I honestly don't know why I didn't go sifting through the internet for this. Well you know what assuming says about asses.

EDIT: Ah! Trying to put in the voxspell thing made a lot of my plugins out of date! Now jEdit doesn't want to work right anymore. I'm going to have to redownload Ren'Py and replace the jEdit folder. (Blarg, silly me removed the common plugin when I removed VoxSpell so I had to go through a redo all the syntax highlighting.)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#135 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Writing to the soundtrack of fireworks does not exactly good times make.

We're plodding through the first story arc as well as getting our logo designed. Hmm, I'll let Hyda tell you all about that if she feels so inclined.

So far things are going smooth and sort of slow as far as script goes. The first plot is about the super sexy, British, home care nurse. I have just gotten Mary to work (an as yet to be named nightclub) and am at a little bit of a loss as to what she can do there. I know what she's going to do after work and I don't want to gloss over it if I can help it. Possible events for at work are as follows 'notices new band, thinks she recognizes guitarist, thinks about nurse more, talks to barkeep a little.' Not exactly riveting stuff. Any ideas?