Do you need an artist ?

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Erumi-On
Regular

Do you need an artist ?

#1 Post by Erumi-On »

Well, I think the title tells a lot of things. (and I hope I'm submiting this topic in the right section orz)
In short, I'm an artist(it sounds narcissistic xD) which would be glad to help someone making a VN : D
I prefer short project because I know that it takes time and I would rather work for someting which will be finish in less than a year XD
My style is really anime-ish we could say. As example, you can look at my avatar (it's my friend's OC by the way) or at my deviantart : http://hermyon.deviantart.com/gallery/ (as you can see, I'm not really into backgrounds xDD)

I don't think I've forgotten something >3<;;

So, hmm, *dunno what to add* Let me know if you want me to help you ;A; (that was random orz)

fischer22
Regular

Re: Do you need an artist ?

#2 Post by fischer22 »

You seem to be very good! I would love to get your help from you if you're interested in our project.
Read this http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=7030 (our current project, look at pages 2 and 3 for pictures of the characters... the ones on page 1 are old). We are close to releasing chapter one (as a demo game 9000 words aprox...... later we'll release the rest in parts or maybe the whole game together) and I think you may find it interesting (according to what you wrote.)
If you're interested in helping us, or have any questions or whatever, you can send me a private message or answer in this thread :)
Hope to hear from you!

Erumi-On
Regular

#3 Post by Erumi-On »

Your project looks interesting ^w^ But you already have artists right ? Why would you need me ? xD

fischer22
Regular

#4 Post by fischer22 »

Actually, the current artist doesn't have much time to work in the project, so we could really need some help.
Now, if you're looking to draw sprites (don't want to draw backgrounds, cgs or other stuff) there are two options:

1) You copy our current artist style or work directly with his files to make some additional characters, poses, faces, etc, etc.
2) You can make one extra character that hasn't been drawn yet and that can have a style a bit different than the rest of the characters (because it appears only in dreams).

What do you think? If you want to draw other stuff (it's perfectly okay if you don't), there are still some user interface graphics that need to be done (buttons, signs, clocks, calendar), backgrounds and a lot of other stuff :)

Want to try some of the things I told you?

Erumi-On
Regular

#5 Post by Erumi-On »

It's not that I want to draw only sprite ! But it's just the only thing I "know" xD
I can't really copy the artist's style (it's not hard to do but I will feel frustrated, following someone's else drawings isn't really fun) and the idea of the dream will confuse the player (at least, it would have confused me XD)
I'm not a designer or anything so it will be hard for me to help you >___<;;

fischer22
Regular

#6 Post by fischer22 »

Okay, thanks anyway! :) :)
Maybe we'll work together some other time! Thank you for your quick answers and good attitude... anyone would be lucky to have you as an artist in their project!
Good luck!

Erumi-On
Regular

#7 Post by Erumi-On »

It's me who should thank you, I'm glad that you though I could work with you and I'll definetly be glad to work with you in the future ^w^

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#8 Post by NatsukiDeath »

I like your style ~

Got any tips on coloring?

Erumi-On
Regular

#9 Post by Erumi-On »

Well, I use Sai for coloring and I will be honest, my coloring-style is really simple. You can find a lot of way to color on deviantart. Paint tool Sai tutorial are easy to find ^^

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#10 Post by NatsukiDeath »

Thnaks!

Carmilla
Projects: Carmilla

#11 Post by Carmilla »

I'm currently desperate for an artist on either of my current projects;
- Carmilla ~Chishio no Naku Koro ni~
- Perfect Heart (title TBD), a new scenario I just started imagining that was sparked by me viewing the movie High Kick Girl. The basis for the story is an all female martial arts tournament, I know that's not much to go on or a very original topic, but I want make something quite different from other offerings.

I know neither of these titles probably appeal to you, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

TyranX
Regular

#12 Post by TyranX »

Your art...is so hypnotic. Just a few touches and fixes here and there and your artwork would be near perfection!

Aiya..I'd love to work on a project with you! Unforunately I've got nothing to show for it at the moment. >_<
Maybe if I'm able to salvage something from my fried windows harddrive and transfer it to my Mac I'll be able to show something, but alas that will have to wait until later.

Anyhow, until then, keep up the good work and get even better!
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"

Erumi-On
Regular

#13 Post by Erumi-On »

Carmilla > your first project looks interesting but kinda big ? You've so much characters o3o;;;
Arts martiaux tournaments can be good (though I fear fanservice XD) but it means a lot of characters xD I haven't a lot of experience when it comes to sprite so I would rather start with a project which need less than 6-8 characters ^^;; (because if you add different poses for every character + CGs event, it's really a lot of work xD)

TyranX > My style is faaaaaaaaar from perfection ! XD But thanks for the nice words ^w^ I will be glad to work with you someday = )

Carmilla
Projects: Carmilla

#14 Post by Carmilla »

Well with Carmilla I planned to divide it into 3 different parts and honestly not even half of the characters I written on their will make it into the first arc, I just got a little carried away when I was writing it all and found it hard to stop myself, but I do understand what you mean about it being "big".

As for the martial arts story, the cast may be female but I never had fanservice in mind (I hate excessive amounts of it and feel that it ruins most of the series that have come out since the 2000s), also contrary of Carmilla, I actually hate large cast as it gives characters so little time to develop and flesh out, 6-8 characters sounds like a good limitation and I've pretty much only had 7 in mind anyways. If you'd like I can tell you more about it before leaving you alone.

Erumi-On
Regular

#15 Post by Erumi-On »

I would like to know a little more about it °3° I wonder how a female martial arts tournament without fanservice could, well, work xD It's not that fanservice makes work everything but these kinds of subject usually rely on fanservice x__x
I dunno if I'll help you though. Some people already asked me to work with them by messages and notes so it looks more like a battle of "the best idea" for me now >__<;;; (because I will be glad to work with all of you but I can't. I still have high school xD So I need to chose x__x )