Opening and/or commercial videos for your VNs

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

Re: FREE Opening and/or commercial videos for your VNs, By m

#16 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Fawn wrote:It comes with everything you need, really, but you can get a ton more filters for it too. I've been thinking about getting some more so I can make a more wide variety of videos, alas, they're not quite cheap :(
I have adobe premiere pro cs3, is it good for making openings?

FeatherThief
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through

#17 Post by FeatherThief »

Dear Fawn,

If you could make some time in your slot then I have a visual novel with a demo scheduled to be out this Christmas. I could email you all the things that you might need (I.E. Character drawings, plot, etc.) a week before or maybe a bit sooner. We would be greatful to have you do this if you had enough time, and also maybe a new one when we come out with the full game. If you could do this I would be so grateful.

Sincerely, Feather Thief

P.S. If you want any info about the vn just PM me.
I will steal your dreams and make them real.

Projects: 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (In progress)
Chief and Head Writer

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#18 Post by Fawn »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:
Fawn wrote:It comes with everything you need, really, but you can get a ton more filters for it too. I've been thinking about getting some more so I can make a more wide variety of videos, alas, they're not quite cheap :(
If you can use it properly. It's pretty complicated though. I've been making videos for years and I was totally confused by it. You need real professional training for that kind of stuff.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#19 Post by Aleema »

Fawn wrote:I have the unfair advantage of being the first to reply, so you might want to hear some more offers before you pick some projects ...
Nono I'm happy to do anyones ^__^ And I really like your project too so it sounds like fun! There's actually alot of rock-star based filters/effects in my program so that could really help. I'd love to do a rock-concert like thing, even though I AM into moe-moe stuff usually xD

However, I don't know about a full op without the CGs (I could possibly use one or two and only zoom in on a couple parts. Say if you had a picture of them preforming on stage, I could zoom in on Robin's face for the first part only, and then use the rest of the image later on) But I could DEFINENTLY make some good commercials for it with the gameplay and such :) sounds like a lot of fun![/quote]
Cool you haven't shot me down yet. I figured you were more into moe, so I'll let you do other projects first. And it'll build up your experience, too. :D I do have one CG of one guy playing his instrument (and more when/if Lin decides), and I do have promotional art by mangakaluna of two of the characters. And I even have some fanart of the people thanks to the game's fans. xD Need to ask their permission before any use, though.

Not looking for an opening, per se. I don't really want anything to play before the game, but I am interested in a commercial type thing where people can get the jist of the game quickly that we can put on Youtube and share. So short is fine by me. I got music, too.
Fawn wrote:
Elemental-Butterfly wrote: I have adobe premiere pro cs3, is it good for making openings?
If you can use it properly. It's pretty complicated though. I've been making videos for years and I was totally confused by it. You need real professional training for that kind of stuff.
lol, it's like Windows Movie Maker, but with more tracks and more buttons. There are some tricks to the trade that it would be helpful to look up online, but "professional training" is more or less theory behind what makes videos good. =P They just tell you to buy a book on the program and read it. No time like the present, ol'chap!

To answer butterfly: Premiere is great for making videos of any kind. Adobe After Effects is better for doing text and animation, I find ... the industry "standard" is Final Cut Pro, and Premiere is basically a clone of that.

Mirage
Veteran

#20 Post by Mirage »

As far as I know, Premiere is good if you are assembling videos, not still images (CGs). Premiere can do CGs too, but they aren't what it's used for (mostly).

After Effect does better if you are just wanted slideshows of CGs (what most VN opening is).

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#21 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Mirage wrote:
As far as I know, Premiere is good if you are assembling videos, not still images (CGs). Premiere can do CGs too, but they aren't what it's used for (mostly).

After Effect does better if you are just wanted slideshows of CGs (what most VN opening is).
do i have to download extra plug in, etc to make it look ... nice?

fortaat
Regular

#22 Post by fortaat »

Premiere can do everything shown in the first post. It shouldn't require any plug-ins (though I haven't worked with CS3).

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#23 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

fortaat wrote:Premiere can do everything shown in the first post. It shouldn't require any plug-ins (though I haven't worked with CS3).
which version have you worked with?

fortaat
Regular

#24 Post by fortaat »

Don't remember. It was more then 5 years ago, but it was capable of doing such movies.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#25 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

fortaat wrote:Don't remember. It was more then 5 years ago, but it was capable of doing such movies.
was it an older version than cs3?

fortaat
Regular

#26 Post by fortaat »

Yes, CS3 was released in 2007.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#27 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

fortaat wrote:Yes, CS3 was released in 2007.
i had after effects but it was almost the same as premiere, so i gave it away. :lol:

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#28 Post by sake-bento »

Hey gang, just a quick reminder to stay on topic. If you want to discuss video editing software (a worthy cause, and something that also interests me), it's probably best to start a new thread and keep this one for people interested in Fawn's offer to make videos.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#29 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

sake-bento wrote:Hey gang, just a quick reminder to stay on topic. If you want to discuss video editing software (a worthy cause, and something that also interests me), it's probably best to start a new thread and keep this one for people interested in Fawn's offer to make videos.
in which section should i make a new topic?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#30 Post by sake-bento »

General Discussion is probably the most appropriate for talking about various software. If you're discussing making videos for VNs, Game Makers' Corner also works.