Opening and/or commercial videos for your VNs

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Fawn
Moe Imouto

Opening and/or commercial videos for your VNs

#1 Post by Fawn »

Wow, I forgot I posted this! so long ago ahaa...

Sorry but I'm no longer doing videos unless you want to commission them. I'm working on the game Homeward with Samu-Kun , and busy with college classes. I may re-open free ops later when I have the time and the patience, but right now I have neither. Sorry to disappoint y'all. :(
Last edited by Fawn on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: FREE Opening and/or commercial videos for your VNs, By m

#2 Post by Aleema »

Iiiii suppose you'd be more interested in working with girl sprites (BxG games)? No shame in it, it's for free so you'd wanna work with what interests you.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#3 Post by Fawn »

Oh no I'm happy working with any stuff. This is just what I had to work with lol. I can do more intense stuff too, actually the more intense stuff is usually easier. I could easily make a video like this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHmSSpfBR7Y

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#4 Post by Aleema »

I'm sure there is more deserving people on this forum of your services, and goddamnit, I have a degree in this crap, but it's so time consuming, and I'm a perfectionist ... it'd be a weight off of me if you could do something like this for my game, RockRobin. Which, we've agreed, needs to happen. No rush for it, though. I've got character sprites out the whazoo, but the CGs are only a handful so they can't be in a video. Can give backgrounds I use in the game, too ... which are just photos ... >_< But I do have the complete playthrough footage of the demo (thanks to Sen), so you can have actual game footage. Which is important, methinks, because it's not strictly a VN. It's a band game, so any video about it would be music-y. Or urban-y. Or grunge-y. Don't care. Just with attitude -- BAM. You know? Does that interest you at all?

I have the unfair advantage of being the first to reply, so you might want to hear some more offers before you pick some projects ...

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#5 Post by broken_angel »

I've been thinking about adding an actual opening to Starlit Dreams (the one I have now is pretty blah), but I'm terrible with video editing and whatnot. >.>

If only I had some CGs...or backgrounds...or gameplay footage (how would you even get that, by the way? Like how would you record it?).
...Yeah, I've got nothin'. xD
(Well, okay, I do have lots of art of the characters from previous commissions...maybe those can be used somehow.)

Though, I kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrfP_8QAMOQ
The first half mostly just uses the character sprites from the game, which I have. I would really only need it to be 30-60 seconds...there's no need for a two-minute-long intro. xD

Hmm...
Well, I'll think about it some more. In the meantime, good luck~

Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

#6 Post by Melkoshi »

If you don't mind, I'ma keep you in mind for when I need a video done? :D It wont be anytime soon considering I don't have any CGs done only the sprites. If by then you turn to a service, i'll gladly pay.
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#7 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Fawn wrote:Hello everyone :) I've been into video making for awhile and finally got a program that I can make high-quality VN-openings and commercials with. I'm still learning, but I'd be willing to make some videos for you all if you need them. Making videos for your games can be hard, but I really enjoy doing it and I have a good program for it, so I'd be very happy to make videos for you, free of charge! :D

Heres an example of my work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWz3waZBuE I only had a CG set to work with and no extra graphics or sprites, so it doesn't exactly look like a real OP yet, however, if you have transparent sprites and more CGs I can work with I can make something more detailed like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bVVPJLNhgk

It takes me a couple days to make a full video like this. I can also help you find music to use in the video(s),as well as use some default music that came with my program (here's an example of how that can sound like, used in another one of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhAYFZJPWug) Please contact me if you want me to make a commercial or op for your game(s) :) I can't wait to work with you!
what program do you you to make the videos?

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#8 Post by Fawn »

Aleema wrote:I'm sure there is more deserving people on this forum of your services, and goddamnit, I have a degree in this crap, but it's so time consuming, and I'm a perfectionist ... it'd be a weight off of me if you could do something like this for my game, RockRobin. Which, we've agreed, needs to happen. No rush for it, though. I've got character sprites out the whazoo, but the CGs are only a handful so they can't be in a video. Can give backgrounds I use in the game, too ... which are just photos ... >_< But I do have the complete playthrough footage of the demo (thanks to Sen), so you can have actual game footage. Which is important, methinks, because it's not strictly a VN. It's a band game, so any video about it would be music-y. Or urban-y. Or grunge-y. Don't care. Just with attitude -- BAM. You know? Does that interest you at all?

I have the unfair advantage of being the first to reply, so you might want to hear some more offers before you pick some projects ...
Nono I'm happy to do anyones ^__^ And I really like your project too so it sounds like fun! There's actually alot of rock-star based filters/effects in my program so that could really help. I'd love to do a rock-concert like thing, even though I AM into moe-moe stuff usually xD

However, I don't know about a full op without the CGs (I could possibly use one or two and only zoom in on a couple parts. Say if you had a picture of them preforming on stage, I could zoom in on Robin's face for the first part only, and then use the rest of the image later on) But I could DEFINENTLY make some good commercials for it with the gameplay and such :) sounds like a lot of fun!
Though, I kind of like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrfP_8QAMOQ
The first half mostly just uses the character sprites from the game, which I have. I would really only need it to be 30-60 seconds...there's no need for a two-minute-long intro. xD

Hmm...
Well, I'll think about it some more. In the meantime, good luck~
I unfortunately didn't make that one, I uploaded it because I thought it was cute lol. Those kinds of ops use Adobe After effects which has tons of video layers, and my program, while capable of HD video and alot of effects, only has 3 possible video layers. But I could easily make a short video like you're describing, it'd probably look alot like first part of Heart no Kuni Alice's OP (as linked above and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHmSSpfBR7Y) with the backgrounds instead of the Cgs. :3
If you don't mind, I'ma keep you in mind for when I need a video done? :D It wont be anytime soon considering I don't have any CGs done only the sprites. If by then you turn to a service, i'll gladly pay.
No pay neccessary :) (unless I get like a BILLION people asking, and there's not a billion people on here that have finished games, so thats not going to happen as of now lol) I'll be happy to do it when you're all finshed up, or even to make a teaser.
Pinnacle Studio ultimate :D lol I should have mentioned it but I didn't think anyone would really care what I was using as long as it wasn't Windows movie maker...

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#9 Post by broken_angel »

I know that wasn't made by you, but I thought I'd cite it as an example. I didn't mean I wanted something exactly like that.

Actually, I'm more inclined to go towards something more along the lines of black-and-white cutouts, similar to this video (but still in the general format mentioned earlier).
That should only be three video layers, right? Background, character silhouette thing(s), and text.

But how to fit the images with the text I have...hmm...

okonomiyaki
Regular

#10 Post by okonomiyaki »

My group would love this! Sent a PM!

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#11 Post by Fawn »

broken_angel wrote:I know that wasn't made by you, but I thought I'd cite it as an example. I didn't mean I wanted something exactly like that.

Actually, I'm more inclined to go towards something more along the lines of black-and-white cutouts, similar to this video (but still in the general format mentioned earlier).
That should only be three video layers, right? Background, character silhouette thing(s), and text.

But how to fit the images with the text I have...hmm...
Without the complicated animation in that of course lol... I can't exactly animate that well ^^; All you'd have to do is make the cutouts for me (it'd be a pain to have to filter every single one) But I can move it across the screen and stuff easily.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#12 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Fawn wrote:
Pinnacle Studio ultimate :D lol I should have mentioned it but I didn't think anyone would really care what I was using as long as it wasn't Windows movie maker...
is it a free software?

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#13 Post by Fawn »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:
Fawn wrote:
is it a free software?
Google is. And Google is your friend.

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#14 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

Fawn wrote: Google is. And Google is your friend.
did you download any add-ons, or effects for it?

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#15 Post by Fawn »

It comes with everything you need, really, but you can get a ton more filters for it too. I've been thinking about getting some more so I can make a more wide variety of videos, alas, they're not quite cheap :(