Need artists for a Visual Novel

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Need artists for a Visual Novel

#46 Post by MaiMai »

Xyphon wrote:And I've been doing exactly that. I'm working on it right now. But I work while doing it.. I don't write out huge scripts at once, I feel it comes together nicely if I write it while I'm working. Maybe that's just me though.
You don't have to do huge parts of scripts-- Little by little works as well. Plan out what parts you're going to write, and then make days for said parts.

Basically PLAN IT OUT.

Writing IS work, but unless you mean something else, then IDK
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Xyphon

#47 Post by Xyphon »

I've planned it all out, just not the exact wording. It's going fairly good so far, I think I've racked up about 10-15 minutes on Hana's route.. Doesn't seem like much but it is XD

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#48 Post by Anna »

Another advantage of first finishing the script and all before the art, is that you can get a good idea of just how much art you'll need. For example, if you want to minimize the costs/workload, you could choose less expressions or only two or three poses by only using the absolute necessary ones for your script. Or you could decide which CG to scrap when you're out of money, instead of discovering this at the end with half the CGs done but some important ones missing.

Also, just in case you get an artist to work for you; I'm an artist too and I don't even bother with drawing before the script is finished. It could be abandoned or a LOT could change in the end. If I made even one or two sprites too much, that would mean 3 to 6 hours wasted. With CGs this is even worse, so be careful and plan ahead.

Xyphon

#49 Post by Xyphon »

My friend who is helping me with this says that if the demo is good and people seem to like it, he can invest money towards artists and the like. He said depending on how much it is liked, he can invest up to 1000 dollars. He's sort of rich :P