Strings of Fate - looking for Artists and BG Artists!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
digirin
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate

Strings of Fate - looking for Artists and BG Artists!

#1 Post by digirin »

String of Fate
Story:
Romance, Comedy, Mystery,

Mei once lived in a town in Okiyamina. When she was 11 she moved to Tokyo leaving behind childhood friends, especially one that she keeps seeing in her dreams. Since Mei got in an accident she hasn't been able to rememeber her past. The only way she has managed to remember slight details is through her dreams. When Mei's father gets a job in the United States he makes arrangements for Mei to move back into their old apartment building, in Okiyamina. She is also told by her father she'll be living with two of her childhood friends. Even they were friends with Mei, because of her memory loss she can't remember their faces. Could one of them be the boy Mei always sees in her dreams?
Recruiting:
1. A CG or Lineart Artist: one that can help out with smaller graphics like menu buttons and chibis.
2. A BG Artist: we need alot of backgrounds so having two or more people working on them would be really helpful.

Sprite/Line Artist/ Co-writer: digirin
Programmer: YuukiCrossPudding
Writer: night_serenade
Colorists: Kimiko
Background Artist: qq

If you want to be apart of this project in any way please let me know =D. But I'm looking for really committed members. I'm off university for a semester so I'll pretty much be able to work on this whenever I feel like it.

Characters:

(i just got a tablet so i thought using it would make better sprites)
new sprites:

Image Image Image

Last edited by digirin on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Julie
Regular

Re: Strings of Fate GxB - Recruiting!

#2 Post by Julie »

The sprites are looking pretty good! Did you draw them yourself? :)

digirin
Regular

Re: Strings of Fate GxB - Recruiting!

#3 Post by digirin »

Thanks and yes I did.
I usually do traditional art so I'm not very confident about them at the moment D:

miji

Re: Strings of Fate GxB- Recruiting! (every day progress upd

#4 Post by miji »

I think they're really good :)
The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll stand up and go, 'Hey, I'm Vine Man.'

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Me too, looking forward to this game!
Are you going to release a demo?

digirin
Regular

#6 Post by digirin »

miji wrote:I think they're really good :)
thank you =)
azureXtwilight wrote:Me too, looking forward to this game!
Are you going to release a demo?
Thanks =). Eventually, yes. I'm trying to recruit some help here to speed up the process for that and the full game.

Rina

#7 Post by Rina »

I'd like to apply for colorist :D I don't mind linearting either, if you decide that it's too annoying to deal with or whatever.

Er, here's an example of my colouring (sorry, I didn't draw Mei as well as I hoped I could've). I did it pretty quickly, so the drawing itself has lots of errors and the colouring is a bit messy - but I hope that gives you an idea of how I colour. Of course, I can try to make adjustments and whatnot (if you want a more cell-shadingish style or a more soft-shading way or a painterly kind of style, that sort of thing - I'll try, anyway).

I'm also available as a proof-reader, in case you ever need one of those =)
Attachments
Sorry for the white spot where her jacket is supposed to be coloured - totally forgot about that bit.
Sorry for the white spot where her jacket is supposed to be coloured - totally forgot about that bit.

digirin
Regular

#8 Post by digirin »

Rina wrote:I'd like to apply for colorist :D I don't mind linearting either, if you decide that it's too annoying to deal with or whatever.

Er, here's an example of my colouring (sorry, I didn't draw Mei as well as I hoped I could've). I did it pretty quickly, so the drawing itself has lots of errors and the colouring is a bit messy - but I hope that gives you an idea of how I colour. Of course, I can try to make adjustments and whatnot (if you want a more cell-shadingish style or a more soft-shading way or a painterly kind of style, that sort of thing - I'll try, anyway).

I'm also available as a proof-reader, in case you ever need one of those =)
holy you're so much better than me. I'll pm you in the morning, an example of my sketches (they're extremely rough) then how my lineart looks.

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

Re: Strings of Fate GxB- Recruiting! - BG help? :D

#9 Post by qq »

Just out of curiosity what type of backgrounds do you need and how many?
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

digirin
Regular

#10 Post by digirin »

qq wrote:Just out of curiosity what type of backgrounds do you need and how many?
Most of them will be at a house. One house setting since they all live in the same house.
Some will be at a school, and then a couple more at places such as inside a hospital room outside a hospital.
Then one or two in a park.

I'm guessing (I'm not exactly sure until the storys down) but I'm guessing I'll need around 10.

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#11 Post by qq »

I can help out with backgrounds. When you have the story down you can pm me.
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

digirin
Regular

#12 Post by digirin »

qq wrote:I can help out with backgrounds. When you have the story down you can pm me.
okay =D thanks!

digirin
Regular

Re: Strings of Fate GxB- Recruiting! - Looking for Colorists

#13 Post by digirin »

Updated the story on the first post:
Story:

Romance, Comedy, Mystery,

Mei once lived in a town in Okiyamina. When she was 11 she moved to Tokyo leaving behind childhood friends, especially one that she keeps seeing in her dreams. Since Mei got in an accident she hasn't been able to rememeber her past. The only way she has managed to remember slight details is through her dreams. When Mei's father gets a job in the United States he makes arrangements for Mei to move back into their old apartment building, in Okiyamina. She is also told by her father she'll be living with two of her childhood friends. Even they were friends with Mei, because of her memory loss she can't remember their faces. Could one of them be the boy Mei always sees in her dreams?

digirin
Regular

Re: Strings of Fate - looking for Artists, Colorists, Compos

#14 Post by digirin »

update! : A background for the menu I've been working on for the past few days. (just need some help making a nice logo now D:)
Attachments
bg.png

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

Re: Strings of Fate - looking for Artists, Colorists, Compos

#15 Post by night_serenade »

Like I said in the PM, IT LOOKS AMAZING <3 =]

AND OO~ pretty profile things on the characters~ hehe ^^
I love your art -dances-
Now I better get back to work on the script ! XD
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]