Artist Looking for programmer and BG/CG artist

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Incognito101

Artist Looking for programmer and BG/CG artist

#1 Post by Incognito101 »

Are you bored?
Do you live in New York City?
Have you created a VN using Ren PY or have experience using it?
Would you like to join a team and work on ambitious project?
Have some time to kill?
Wanna have some fun?

Then it's your lucky day, I'm trying to put together a prologue using the Visual Novel medium. The team so far consist of me (line artist) a writer and a colorist.
Here's my deviant page, if my artwork resonates with you and you'd like further detail on the project send me a message or you can reach me via AIM at dvd101us.
You get extra points if you live in NYC and i can meet you in person, but you'll still get under consideration if you live far. I am looking for someone relaxed who isn't afraid to make a mistake or two, no pressure really. I already have someone in mind for music composer so we should have one shortly, background can be the most basic 3d models.

Line Artist
http://dvd-1-one.deviantart.com
Writer
http://darkside-ky.deviantart.com/
Colorist
http://aarogoth.deviantart.com/

Anyway, if any of this sounds interesting contact me and have something prepared to be reviewed.

Any other questions can be asked will be answered here.

lunasspecto
Regular
Location: USA: New York City (school) and Massachusetts (home)

Re: Artist Looking for programmer and BG/CG artist

#2 Post by lunasspecto »

Gameplaywise, is this a big project with lots of tactical stuff? Or are you just planning to do the normal VN interface thing, with branching storylines and maybe a points system? I'm asking 'cause I might like to do some programming, but I'm not ready to do a full-on RPG with a battle system or what have you.

I can't provide you with backgrounds myself, but I have a feeling (from previous discussions that have taken place on these forums) that people will be more likely to offer you backgrounds if you can describe the setting and mood of your story in some way.
from the virtual desk of Kazuki Mishima

Incognito101

Re: Artist Looking for programmer and BG/CG artist

#3 Post by Incognito101 »

lunasspecto wrote:Gameplaywise, is this a big project with lots of tactical stuff? Or are you just planning to do the normal VN interface thing, with branching storylines and maybe a points system? I'm asking 'cause I might like to do some programming, but I'm not ready to do a full-on RPG with a battle system or what have you.

I can't provide you with backgrounds myself, but I have a feeling (from previous discussions that have taken place on these forums) that people will be more likely to offer you backgrounds if you can describe the setting and mood of your story in some way.
Oh ho so we have a contender.:3

Ok the project is pretty simple even down the line, we are talking basic VN with no battle mechanics, maybe a branch or two or game overs. If you have Aim we can go over the full details. I'll also be updating this thread with background roughs so people can get an idea of what we are looking.

Anyway, we're still early in development but we'll be happy to have you if your interested, i'll check out your work when i get some time.

Contact me via am dvd101us.