Freelance artist group for hire

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
komicer
Regular

Freelance artist group for hire

#1 Post by komicer »

Collateral Damage Studios is a group of doujin artists that draw pretty stuffs. While our usual focus is doujin works, we do take up the occasional freelance jobs, especially to further fund our own doujin works. We have experience in doing character concept art and CGs for others and I believe that our works which can be viewed either on our Facebook or on our website gallery can speak for themselves. While we are most prominent for cute works, we experiment with a variety of styles and can offer the kind of artwork you need.

If you are in need of any artworks, you can contact me at komicer@collateralds.com to discuss what we can do for you. Please also include a summary of what you want, your budget and your timeline. For further enquires, you can just post on this thread or PM me. We will usually respond to you in a couple of days.

I'll just leave everyone with a couple of sketches that we have done for others, or on a personal basis.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by komicer on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Collateral Damage Studios
Website / Facebook / Twitter

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

Re: [Available] Freelance artist group for hire

#2 Post by Alera »

*faints from awesomeness* Such amaaaazing pretty-pretty arts!!! >w< *checked the gallery on the site too* I wish you a lot of luck!!! I hope you find an awesome project and make some awesome games!

Really- it would be so cool to play a game with such high-quality artworks. <3
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#3 Post by Elenakiara »

Good work! xD I'm going to 'like' your facebook page to keep you in mind for later! :) Good luck on finding a good project for you!
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lepapillonrouge »

:D This art is so pretty...too bad I have no money. But there are plenty of commercial projects here, so, I'm pretty sure you'll find work if you need so.
deviantART
---------------------

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#5 Post by sake-bento »

Your group has some lovely art. Out of curiosity, what sort of stuff do you prefer to draw?

komicer
Regular

#6 Post by komicer »

Hello, everyone~ Thanks for the response~

We are currently trying to build up a portfolio so we are hoping to do all sorts of work. It will be great if we can get involved in some commercial projects! We had tried to do our own VN in the past but couldn't get a decent story or programmer.

As mentioned earlier, we do everything. We are a group and we have a good number of artists that bring a variety of styles to the table. We usually look at what the project needs before we decide on who takes a stab at it.

However, if I must name the kind of stuffs we like best, given that the majority of us are guys, we prefer to draw female characters. And we like to draw them cute. That said, we've got a couple of yaoi artists in our midst too.

Wolfzau
Projects: Unnamed Commercial Project

#7 Post by Wolfzau »

Wow.....nice artwork

Have bookmarked your site for future referance, unfortunately I just found an artist however will definitely keep you guys in mind

Keep up the great work

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#8 Post by Snowflower »

The group's work is absolutely fabulous. Too bad I make barely any money (keke high school senior).

But I'm pretty sure you'd find some fabulous commercial game to take on.

Just a thought, I think it would also be helpful for your future clients if you post an approximation on your rate.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

dstarsboy
Veteran

#9 Post by dstarsboy »

Too bad your own VN failed, did you guys put alot of work into it? You should post some example resources for it, maybe a good writer can get inspired and whip something up for you guys, at that point, getting a programmer on board should be easy peazy.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Avaible
Regular

#10 Post by Avaible »

I would love to work with your group, but I'm not sure about the prices and if I could affort all the art I need for my project.

Could you possibly provide some examples with prices or another way to estimate them?

komicer
Regular

#11 Post by komicer »

Haha. Unfortunately, I do not exactly have any resources from that VN experiment in the past. On hindsight, the story was rather cliche and poor in the first place. Right now, our own VN is something we are considering but not a priority at the moment.

As for prices, our charges depends on the complexity and amount of work required and also what we consider the value of the final product to be. We have done professional work at professional pricing and we have done work for indie productions at a much cheaper cost as well. If you are interested, I suggest you email us with the details of your project and your budget. Then we can see what we can do from then on. If you want immediate communications, my skype username is 'kckomicer'.

From a professional viewpoint, don't ask us to work for free. We take up freelance work so that we got some funds to print our own doujins and stuffs. Without pay, we might as well be working on more doujins. Your budget should be reasonable. It doesn't mean it has to be very high but it should be reasonable for the amount of work and effort you expect us to put in.

And finally, your proposal to us should be interesting. Artists are fans too and a story with potential is more liable to get our attention and interest. And THAT always help in attracting any talents.

Strum
Veteran

#12 Post by Strum »

I just went to your website, clicked on gallery, selected the top row of images, taken a look at some of the stuff there, and wow. Did one of your boys seriously drew those? I've seen many people here offering to do artwork for a fee and no-one has come close to what you're offering in terms of quality.

That's some really nice stuff there, I'm sure you'll find some customers soon. If they can afford it that is, quality such as that must also come with a heavy price tag.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#13 Post by kinougames »

Strum wrote:I just went to your website, clicked on gallery, selected the top row of images, taken a look at some of the stuff there, and wow. Did one of your boys seriously drew those? I've seen many people here offering to do artwork for a fee and no-one has come close to what you're offering in terms of quality.

That's some really nice stuff there, I'm sure you'll find some customers soon. If they can afford it that is, quality such as that must also come with a heavy price tag.
:P REAAAAAAALLY?
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Strum
Veteran

#14 Post by Strum »

kinougames wrote: :P REAAAAAAALLY?
I'm pretty certain, although I'm not saying there aren't people here who can't match their skill because there are. However, those people aren't freelancing their skills and are instead working on their own games.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#15 Post by kinougames »

:P My group's put an ad out on here. We're currently too busy with our own work and the work we got the last time, but we did :P
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!