Do your game have a Facebook page?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

Do your game have a Facebook page?

#1 Post by Helyees »

Hi good folks! :D

I was wondering do you have Facebook sites for your VN:s? If yes, what kind of content do you post there?

Here is our games FB site (it is a alternative World War 2 Visual novel with romance):
https://www.facebook.com/panzerhearts/

Post your game´s site here so we can change ideas :)

Last edited by Helyees on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Do your game have a Facebook page?

#2 Post by Aviala »

We have a FB page for Your Royal Gayness.
https://www.facebook.com/yourroyalgayness/
We post a lot of ingame graphics, character introductions and so on! I'm not the person responsible of our posting schedule but we do post 2-3 times a week - I think something like Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. We can't always keep up with the schedule but we do try.

If devs here want to do cross promotion that would be pretty awesome - do a post about each other's games on our FB pages! Well, of course the games need to be at least somewhat similar, or at least not of opposing... values, or something. Like for example our brand and image is all about equality, LGBT rights and acceptance, so if some game is against those then cross-promotion probably isn't an option, but otherwise we'd love to work together with other devs!

I'd also love to hear what kind of posts work best for you guys - best posting times, content and so on. I'd also be happy to share some of our stats, even though there's not a huge amount of info yet...

OP: Cool to see fellow Finnish devs on these forums :D

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#3 Post by Sleepy »

Liked these pages! Don't mind following more people either, just to see what people are up to.

We have a group page up here, with most content based on Camera Anima itself: https://www.facebook.com/expressomutt/

We tend to post at least once every few weeks (though we want to increase that sometime). We tend to crosspost things from our other accounts, such as links to gameplay tests and update posts, but we also post about our general activities and events we find interesting.

As for best posting times, iirc, I saw a chart somewhere that broke it down. Supposedly, best FB posting time is on Tuesday evenings
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

Helyees
Regular

#4 Post by Helyees »

Thank You Both Sleepy and Aviala for your insights! I was already liking the Royal Gayness FB site, you have been a big inspiration for our team and it seems you are already growing a nice fanbase - congratulations!

Also, we would be very happy to do cross-promtion - our game is a war game, but it has the focus on human experience and love (also there is LGBT characters, but only in side roles).

This social media stuff really seems to be "an art of its own" :)

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#5 Post by Aviala »

Thanks, Helyees! ;D I'm assuming you're the one who contacted me on linkedin (or at least part of that team)? We can discuss possible cross promotion when we meet. :)
If other devs are interested in cross promotion, feel free to send me a PM here on the forums.

I agree that social media is really hard! Even with our decent posting schedule, we're not really currently gaining any new likes, just retaining the ones we currently have. I'd like to find ways to get more people to like the page - maybe it's time to post again in various indie dev groups on FB. That usually brings in at least a few new likes.

So yeah, even just keeping the current fans/likers/audience takes a lot of work and gaining new ones is even harder. Anybody have tips on how to grow your audience on FB?

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#6 Post by Sleepy »

Another difficulty with FB is, the only ones who really see new updates are the people you already have, unless you have a lot of people who like and share your posts, so spreading content is difficult unless you manually post your page around or you can afford to advertise it. We've had better luck on places like Tumblr, by comparison, because you have a change of hitting new followers whenever you update.

It feels like you either need to give good incentives for people to like/follow it (such as through constant updates or even giveaways if you can afford it) or you need to tie it in with other social media. At least with us, one thing we'd really like is to get people on a mailing list, for the important stuff, which is tied to our FB but I don't think I've seen anyone add themselves through it.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image

Helyees
Regular

#7 Post by Helyees »

Yes Aviala , it was me! :) Very nice indeed to get in touch with other VN devs :)

Gotta check that Tumblr out, thank you for the hint Sleepy! :D