A Manga Title "Generator" (Possible VN/KN inspiration?)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

Re: A Manga Title "Generator" (Possible VN/KN inspiration?)

#16 Post by Twisted-Eva »

I got some more combinations in case people want to get some ideas for titles or projects:

Yakitate! Combat Recipe: Ok, so this sounds like a sequel or spin-off of Yakitate! Japan.

Perfect Library Cantabile: I never watched Nodame Cantabile, but the first thing that pops into my head is that it's all about the books instead of music. (slice of life/drama/shojo)

Cake Lillian Saga: Um... a girl whose nickname is "Cake" and is renowned for her baking skills at culinary school. She aims to be the number one patisserie chef in her country, but at the possible cost of friendship to her peers who have similar goals to succeed in their future careers? (Shojo/friendship/comedy)

Flower Rose Piano: Kenji loved the piano until he was publicly shamed at a national orchestra concert at the age of 13. To make matters worse, his parents who are renowned composers and musicians lost all credibility and are shunned from the music world. His father disappeared and his mother became terribly ill from the mental stress. Kenji is now 17 and has not touched a single key since that traumatic event. Fortune may or may not have smiled upon him when Kenji discovers a hint that implies his family's downfall was orchestrated behind the scenes by someone who wanted them out of the picture. He continues to finish highschool while vehemently seeks revenge against the person or group that took away his passion for music and his parents' degraded states. But can Kenji avenge his parents and himself without forgetting the meaning of music or the joy of the piano? (Romance/drama/mystery)

Charming @ Team: ... I have no idea. Maybe a sports and/or reverse-harem story?

Shrine Teacup Death God: A shinigami enjoys her/his tea up at a shrine until a wish appears with the need to be granted. (Light-hearted comedy/short one-stories)

Midnight Fashion Diary: A locked diary opens itself at midnight to whoever picks it up. Upon opening the diary, the reader finds previous entries written by others. The previous entries are pages drawn with designs of the ideal outfit, but the current reader does not know that to create the ideal outfit a sufficient price must be made for something so materialistic. Previous designers who drew in the diary received whatever outfit was designed right down to the hem, but paid a price for whatever reason or sophistication the dream outfit was made for. Some entries were made after fighting for the diary and some entries were made by the same person who kept paying the deed. (slice-of-life/shojo)

City of Candy Mermaid: ...I got nothing...

Vision of Lace Waltz: Ballroom shojo waltz in the Victorian Era. (Shojo/romance/drama/slice of life)

Cloudy Shadow Library: Weird things just keep happening in school and around town and a self-proclaimed Mystery Club has taken the liberty to solve these cases. Many cases are beyond the typical understanding of an average highschool student, therefore the Mystery Club go to the help of the Shadow Library for hard-to-find information. The internet has very few to none entries on these abnormal phenomenons and the Shadow Libarary somehow has any book on any mystery. A lone middle-aged librarian sits at her desk, often asking the students to pay her in some form based on the difficulty of the book's subject. The librarian is also a mystery in herself as sometimes a man stands in her place or a completely different person altogether. Can the Mystery Club solve out-of-this-world cases with traditional books alone? (Mystery/comedy/shonen)

Ganbatte!! Rainbow Children: Rainbow Children are those who descend from the sky and grant wishes. But no matter how straightforward these children are, young and older adults have a hard time believing 8 year olds can grant their wishes. Sometimes, a rainbow child will grant a wish but only to the best of the child's vocabulary knowledge. (shojo/comedy/friendship)

Geez, these things do take a lot of time. Used up my last 30 minutes before I go to work. I could just get more titles, but it takes even longer to type out some idea to go with it.
existentia wrote:Here I hoped to do something constructive this evening, and you lobbed a distraction grenade right into my face.
Why thank you, I have done something to cause an effect somewhere :)
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

Elric Atchison
Completed: Friendly Meetup
Projects: Good Morning, Royal Legend
Organization: Bronze Pinnacle Games
itch: row96rowland
Discord: Timothy Rowland II#6889

#17 Post by Elric Atchison »

How can I get an idea for a visual novel?
Voice Actor:
Zen- Solipsism Reigns
Bouncer (Samuel)- The Curse of Dwight Periwinkle
Marcus Marshall- Aurore: Five Princes
and others

Visual Novel Creator:
Friendly Meetup

Here's a more chronicled version and better version!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pxL ... r-9IW98c-8

Chiagirl
Regular
Completed: Ellen and the Pumpkin
Projects: The Crossing
itch: Chiagirl

#18 Post by Chiagirl »

The bolded are my favorite.I got:

Vision of Flower Idol: An idol romance game that's flower themed. Love the title.

Trembling Galactic Shrine: Sci-Fi / action / adventure. I don't know why that shrine's trembling, but we're going to find out and fight some baddies.

Diary of Shop Dreams: You've always wanted to own a shop. Now you get to. Is it everything you'd dreamed, or a horrible nightmare?

Psychic Bitter Name: I get a Death Note vibe from this. They speak your name, you die. Because psychic powers.

Apprentice Chocolate Dawn: Dawn is an apprentice at a chocolate shop. Can she learn to make the perfect sweets?

Princess Shining Service: We've either got a magical princess or a magical butler. Maybe both.

Secret Heart-shaped Arena: Where you and everyone else that's fallen in love with a specific person go to fight for their love in a battle to the death.

Absolute Happiness Splendor: Your happy all the time, but one day decide you'd like to feel something else for a change? IDK I got nothing.

Heiress of Fighting Queen: As heir to a kingdom (queendom?) ruled by battle might, you must learn to become the ultimate fighting queen! Just don't die.

Millionaire ☆ Report: Work for rich people. Date rich people. Becoming a rich people. Make $$$$$$

Elite Combat Cookies: The ultimate food pills, for perfect battle might. Made by chocolate Dawn for our fighting queen heiress, sold by the dream shop.

Moonlight Shop Gals: Romance. Fashion. Secrets. IDK I'm out of one word ideas.

Let's Go! Shopaholic SD: Can you buy everything? Make it so you never run out of money? Reach the secret moonlight shop? Can you even carry it all home?

Flower Watercolor-Tinted Power: What you paint with watercolors becomes reality? But only if you paint flowers? IDGI.

Ganbatte! Nyan: Google translate tells me the first word means good luck, so good luck surviving your new life as a cat I guess.

Sweet Railway Pudding: A cute railway attendant? Ok this is getting ridiculous, I think I'll stop here before things get any weirder.
Last edited by Chiagirl on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hirago
Tumblr: eccentricitymadness
Deviantart: eccentricraven

#19 Post by Hirago »

this is actually pretty fun and sorta like a quick creativity exercise. I picked a few generated ones that I liked. I wrote most of the romance ideas with the otome genre in mind.

Crazy Crazy Bakery: comedy/romance/horror???
You generously gave away baked goods to a person in need and turns out they're a mage and as gratitude, turned a pastry of your choice into a love interest. Now you have to deal with a personified pastry trying to figure out how to human and keep them from causing havoc in your bakery and the world outside it. Comedy for hi-jinks, maybe fridge horror for...well baked goods are meant for eating and they can go bad and have things grow on them if left out for too long, do you see where im going here? Also personified sweet innocent strawberry cake or pompous tsundere croissant, y/n?

Mermaid Eyes December: horror/supernatural
Being the next-of-kin, you've inherited your late uncle's seaside mansion. You and your friends decided to check out the mansion and found an unsettling discovery; all the pictures in the house have their eyes either blacked out or torn out. As you guys dive deeper, you find yourself in a secret room with a headless mermaid statue holding onto a small jar containing non other than real eyeballs. All of you pretty much nope out of there but like a typical horror game, you're all snowed in(bc it's in december) and stuck in the nightmare house for a few nights. One of your friends looked outside the window and noticed a few black silhouettes lingering in the foggy frosty sea. They're coming towards the mansion.

Ramen x Romance: Romance/Parody?
Cue those app games where you stress over trying to combine the correct ingredients to serve to your absurdly impatient customers while trying to romance one of your love interests with your attractive ramen making skills. coupled with ramen trivias thrown in there and food wars style reactions to your apparently god sent ramen. bonus: you can seduce the ramen mascot of your ramen shop who's face you've never seen, and lines like "You're as sweet as that delicious fish broth and as soft as those handmade noodles my mother used to make" lol

Another Lace Maid: uh
Sounds like an eroge. Laces are kinda like fancy ropes. Ropes=kinky stuff. Also tailoring mumbo jumbo. I guess you can make sewing kinda kinky if you let your imagination run wild enough. Might go south quickly.

New Scientific Sun: sci-fi/drama/thriller
Dystopia kind of setting. Humankind moved underground to avoid the ever destructive sun after a catastrophic event occurred, turning half of their kind into grotesque beings suffering in endless pain. In order to grow and sustain life and food underground, a group of scientists for one of the factions try to recreate an artificial sun with the threat of rapidly diminishing rations, a new strain of disease occurring underground(the sun is related to the cure), and other factions fighting and killing others for resources. you are one of those scientists. Lots of science-y garble.

Idol Festival Rain: romance/slice-of-life
Idol genre with a lil bit of folklore twist (bc im a nut for idol games and traditional customs like harvest festivals are really fascinating). You're a highschool kid and a huge idol fan who moved from the city into your mother/father's home village. One day your parents invite you to watch old ppl perform traditional dancing and singing to the local rain god after suffering a drought for the 3rd year. You overhear villagers theorize the rain god only wants voices of the youth(grains grow from new seeds, water creates new life, etc), and a lightbulb goes off: Convince some of the best local youths to hold a more modernized version of the custom (aka a concert) to the rain god(aka "im bored and you ppl are idol material i can make you into idols this is totally not for my own satisfaction"). Can the rain god become an idol too? Yes.

He is My Fruit Prince: romance/comedy/can go south
Either personified fruit boys with fruit shape crowns and "fruity" personality (sour tsundere lemon, sweet but prickly yandere pineapple, blueberry's the weird guy due to his weird colour changes, the poor durian who just wants someone to love, passion fruit well y'know, etc. They also smell like fruits), or actual fruits with faces and mini crowns trying to woo your heart. maybe while you have a hungry stomach.