Dropped Projects

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

Re: Dropped Projects

#106 Post by Silvere »

Meh, you could give me parts of your money, you know? Just as a simple... idea. xD

Hooo, and now you wonder why you aren´t speaking with lots of people? :O Come on come on ^^

Muahaha, started playing ThemePark with 3 on the PC and managed my park to pure EPICNESS. Sometimes with cheats, but yeah! And SNES power. My Mario was unstoppable!

Does that mean I´m good at making you feeling uneasy?
WIN! :D

So far I didn´t drop a project(<-- On topic!) and I don´t intend to... IF I would get more -free- CG artists :<

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#107 Post by Fawn »

@KomiTsuku: Sorry this is a little off topic but I think you got ripped off there with that commission you posted... 65$ for THAT quality? I know several artists that will do better quality for a lot less. (Though, they don't have 2 mil views from drawing hentai doujins of people with cat ears) Take this gorgeously talented lil lady here: http://taralen.deviantart.com/journal/36098267/ Max commission is 20 dollars.

Or how about this weirdo? http://angeliccarrot.deviantart.com/ she works for pennies and sometimes even for free. (*cough* shameless self plug)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#108 Post by lordcloudx »

off-topic: hey, you two play tetris? Let's battle in arena. http://www.tetrisfriends.com/
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#109 Post by Silvere »

The bottom-arrow doesnt go back to the previous form... I´m loosing because of that. no way I´m playing this! xD

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#110 Post by KomiTsuku »

Fawn wrote:@KomiTsuku: Sorry this is a little off topic but I think you got ripped off their with that commission you got... 65$ for THAT quality? I know several artists that will do better quality for a lot less. (Though, they don't have 2 mil views from drawing hentai doujins of people with cat ears) Take this gorgeously talented lil lady here: http://taralen.deviantart.com/journal/36098267/ Max commission is 20 dollars.

Or how about this weirdo? http://angeliccarrot.deviantart.com/ she works for pennies and sometimes even for free. (*cough* shameless self plug)
Eh, I'll admit it was a more pricy one that didn't add up, but it was one I just received for a project I'm trying to promote. At any given moment I'm tracking 15+ different artists I've commissioned. I lurk a lot and do a fair amount of random commishes for various things. But I have to know you are commissionable. XD People who don't post they are or they're prices tend to get overlooked.

Ooooooo... Tetris. I actually did a crazy hookup between my laptop and Xbox so I could play some Tetris (and the rest of my 360 games). Then again, I should go to sleep before I have to head into work in 4 hours.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#111 Post by lordcloudx »

To add something to the discussion, I'm going to post something I said via twitter:

The greatest and most often-overlooked skill that an EVN developer should really possess is the simple ability to get things done.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#112 Post by LVUER »

Now the talking have long gone stray from the topic. Please stick to the topic?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#113 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm pretty sure the last post before you (mine) is quite on-topic.

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#114 Post by modesty »

I've sort of dropped one project because I became too frustrated with Python. I was also trying to find a job so learning a scripting language wasn't worth my time. Trying to collaborate with someone online is too difficult for me to pull off with personal projects.

But oddly enough, the other reason I dropped the project was because I did find a new job...I make games. :D (Well for iPhone.) I work at my own company and mostly communicate with my programmer via IM. Although it is very important to meet in person. But it really is a great experience. I get to work from home and still have time to work on my VN.

AND thanks to some experience on the job editing Python, I've gotten a little better at programing myself. :D

bunny-gypsy
Regular

#115 Post by bunny-gypsy »

Well, I'm thinking of dropping something I was working on a script for a while now.... :oops:

Actually, it's not so much as dropping as converting it into another genre and using a different engine, lol. *sweatdrop*

I still enjoy reading/playing/re-reading other people's visual novels, though! :D
It's just my current game idea may contain more exploration and action than I originally thought, heh. :wink:
Trying out different things and learning Ren'py and Python programming. =)

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#116 Post by Wright1000 »

Sapphi wrote: The other day I thought "Wow, it would be so fun if all of us Lemmasoft regulars could get together at a hotel some weekend and produce a small game together." Then I remembered... we're scattered all across the world! ;_;
That will not happen in a hundred years.
Fawn wrote:@Wright1000 Sounds like you haven't had many quality friends, then...
You won't believe it if I tell you how many times I have been backstabbed.
It's better to be alone. Then, you can use your free time to concentrate on whatever you like.
If you have friends, they will keep asking you to spend time with them, which is a hassle and a headache.
Some people need to socialize but some people just need the computer.
A computer never stabs you in the back, it won't tell lies, it won't complain, it never gets tired, it doesn't make mistakes, it does whatever you say, it can keep you happy, it won't feel sad if you ignore it, the list can go on and on.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#117 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Sapphi, if I thought for a minute we could get enough people in one place to make it happen, I'd be there with bells on.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#118 Post by DaFool »

Wright1000 wrote: It's better to be alone. Then, you can use your free time to concentrate on whatever you like.
If you have friends, they will keep asking you to spend time with them, which is a hassle and a headache. Some people need to socialize but some people just need the computer.
I can't believe I completely agree, but it makes sense. Maybe it's because for introverts, ideas create mental energy, while people drain them. I used to be that person in high school who would carry the burden of a group project because I was the only one who took it seriously -- so as a result I hated group projects.

The downside of course is that no one is cheering you on -- but it's easier to cheer for someone who only takes a minutes to sing and dance or at most many hours to create a single drawing. Novels and visual novels -- which take up to years to create -- I mean who really is going to stick around that long except fellow creators?

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#119 Post by pkt »

I agree with wright as well since I'm more of the introverted type.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#120 Post by Wright1000 »

DaFool wrote: The downside of course is that no one is cheering you on -- but it's easier to cheer for someone who only takes a minutes to sing and dance or at most many hours to create a single drawing. Novels and visual novels -- which take up to years to create -- I mean who really is going to stick around that long except fellow creators?
So, I think the best way (at least for beginners) is to work alone.
I don't mean completely alone. Having one or two other people is not a bad idea.
But, if you are a beginner, and on your first project, you start looking for artists, programmers, proofreaders, co-writers, colorists, editors and everything, I don't think your project will ever be completed.

As for me, the first five games I released were made by me completely alone.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.