Dropped Projects

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Dropped Projects

#16 Post by jack_norton »

Indeed, everyone has problems, for example when I was 18-21 years old I started many game projects and I dropped them too :)
(excuse was that I was learning to code but in reality I lacked enthusiasm/motivation)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#17 Post by Alera »

Don't go away, don't give up!!! QAQ

I have dropped projects, not just about games, but everything, but I even haven't posted a thread for any of them anyway- probably just because I have this feeling in me that I will never finish anything. ^^lll

So I am just here- enjoying everything else and the work of the others, so~
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#18 Post by Fawn »

Completing projects is difficult for a lot of people, specially ones working on their own. I have several dropped projects posted on this forum (which, yes, is embarrassing) because I lost interest and/or my life said "nope! No more game making for you, you have to work!"
Ideas are easy to come up with, it's actually creating them down to the last detail that's hard. That's why you should respect any finished product from this forum, no matter how small, even if you don't like it- that person is a hard worker, or they were lucky enough to have enough time to finish anything! xD

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by HigurashiKira »

I myself have dropped 2 projects in my time (Though, not on here) They were:

The Dead' Blessing
A BxB game that followed two people's lives as WW3 breaks out. It got too complicated and I just cracked under the preassure

Yabamato no Naku Koro Ni
An Umineko-like game that got too Umineko for it's own good. Killed by The Golden Witch Me.

The thing they shared was that they were too complex, and I was doing them when I first started. I mught go back to Yabamato one day, but not now.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#20 Post by Nimuell »

Well you can see, I joined these forums back in 2009 and even made a WIP Thread for my old project. Then a lot of things happened and game is dropped now. I felt so bad about it that I didn't have the courage to appear on these forums until now. >__>

I can feel your pain ^^; But you have to move on and work hard on your next project to make it up for a dropped one. You've still earned a valuable experience, so it wasn't all pointless. And there's no need to leave forums.
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#21 Post by MaiMai »

Oh man, I drop projects like no one's business-- One of them I do feel bad about because I had two awesomely talented people who were willing to help, but my inability to write quickly and efficiently made the project go null. All my other projects I dropped because I don't have motivation or I don't feel like putting life into the ideas I have.

For me, making visual novels is for fun, but actually finishing them is another thing altogether. Oh how far I've fallen...
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#22 Post by KomiTsuku »

OtomeWeekend wrote:I just dropped a project i was currently working on after having a fight with my co-writer and telling me to remove all her works in the game. But it doesn't mean i'd disappear in the community.

I searched in the WIP section and i found many dropped(or abandoned) games that were really interesting but was abandoned or dropped. :( and the maker, seemed to have disappeared without any trace. I really feel saddened about it :( And much more when i dropped my game... i dropped a game, am i not allowed to stay in lemmasoft anymore? Cause that's how others seemed to be...... TT^TT

*Just asking this out of insecurity...
*Goes to grab his ban hammer...*

Just kidding, just kidding. If I had a dollar for every project I've killed, I'd have a ten dollar bill... hmmmm... not as impressive sounding as I hoped. It happens, and happens for a large multitude of reasons. You just have to keep pushing on.

Truthfully, on a slightly side note, like everyone has said, a lot of WIP threads just die off, even the ones that have built up so much steam. I've gotten my hopes crushed so much that I just don't frequent the WIP board anymore.

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#23 Post by VenusEclipse »

I dropped many that I never talked about. I tend to reveal them when I know 75% that they'll get done.

As I was reading about all you talented people with dropped projects, wouldn't there be a lot of old art, writing, scripts and whatever that will never see the light of day? It would be interesting if those people combine some of their unused assets to make a Lemma Soft game? :)

Just a thought.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#24 Post by KomiTsuku »

VenusEclipse wrote:As I was reading about all you talented people with dropped projects, wouldn't there be a lot of old art, writing, scripts and whatever that will never see the light of day? It would be interesting if those people combine some of their unused assets to make a Lemma Soft game? :)

Just a thought.
:twisted: You could say that thought has already crossed my mind. I have a lot of unused resources, and I may be hatching a quite insane idea as we speak.

Lady_Arthemis

#25 Post by Lady_Arthemis »

I also dropped a project too (2 years ago, I think). I was overwhelmed with the tasks since I was the one who did everything. The project eventually died.

I think there's no reason for us to feel so hung up on dead projects. the best thing we can do is to learn from what happened.
Why did the project die? What can I do next time to prevent that from happening again?
-----------------
a webcomic

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Lady_Arthemis wrote:
I think there's no reason for us to feel so hung up on dead projects. the best thing we can do is to learn from what happened.
Why did the project die? What can I do next time to prevent that from happening again?
Well, I'm not really hunged up but just really insecure for the same reason i stated already... :)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Lady_Arthemis

#27 Post by Lady_Arthemis »

OtomeWeekend wrote:
Lady_Arthemis wrote:
Well, I'm not really hunged up but just really insecure for the same reason i stated already... :)
Oh :P, sorry about that.
-----------------
a webcomic

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by OtomeWeekend »

it's okay :)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#29 Post by curry nochi rice »

DEFINITELY ALLOWED TO STAY.

besides... maybe those games, and their opinions IMHO, just vanished out of thin air because of demotivation, you know, "nobody's interested kind of attitude", "I can't work alone"... lalalalalala.. tralalala.

to tell you the truth, I feel that my project is like 6 pages back in the forums and is already a year old with no new post whatsoever... rawr... but I'm working on it still, but not clearly reporting or spamming up progress reports... maybe all those games aren't dead... maybe their creeping out like worms waiting to bloom into butterflies... arghh.. forgive my english
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#30 Post by fleet »

curry nochi rice wrote:... demotivation, you know, "nobody's interested kind of attitude"...
Concur.
When it happens I take some time off from writing and do something else.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.