A way of making Recruitment easier

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
clannadman

A way of making Recruitment easier

#1 Post by clannadman »

Would is be possible to get some sort of list or roster on the forums somewhere that tells you which users are writers, artists, musicians etc and whether or not their available or working on a current project? The recruitment section is full of empty threads and I think it might save users alot of wondering if they can clearly see who it is on the forum that is available at the time.

Just a suggestion.

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

Re: A way of making Recruitment easier

#2 Post by Lotus »

The AGS forums has these special section in the profile for stating what you're willing to help with; it shows up in posts as little images under your name. It's definitely a useful system but I'm not sure if the moderators can make a similar system for this forum.
Attachments
The section where you pick what you can help with.
The section where you pick what you can help with.
Here's what they look like in a post.
Here's what they look like in a post.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#3 Post by pondrthis »

I feel like a sticky in recruitment where each person posts exactly once would be an easier and perhaps equally useful tool. Just sayin'.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Would is be possible to get some sort of list or roster on the forums somewhere that tells you which users are writers, artists, musicians etc and whether or not their available or working on a current project? The recruitment section is full of empty threads and I think it might save users alot of wondering if they can clearly see who it is on the forum that is available at the time.
If there were a roster, it would almost certainly be soon completely out of date, as people forgot to update their status or forgot to join at all.

While peering at the most recent threads is an imperfect process, most others will probably be as well. :)