Options for The Art-Impaired

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
0ion9
Regular

Re: Options for The Art-Impaired

#16 Post by 0ion9 »

MyPaint for coloring and drawing.
GIMP (preferably with the OpenRaster plugin, so it can make nice-nice with MyPaint) for the cleanup work (editing, touchup etc). GIMP-GAP is an additional package you can install, it makes animation pretty easy.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#17 Post by dstarsboy »

I recommend hiring an artist. I know it gets expensive but you build great relationships that way and it's nice to see people who've been drawing most of their lives be rewarded for their dedication.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#18 Post by Efreet »

Following on from SilverxBlue's suggestion, you could find premade sprites such as the loli generator where you can generate a couple of different loli girl characters with different expressions - you should be able to search the post in the forums. The downside of this is that the style might not suit what you're going for, as previously mentioned before...

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#19 Post by fleet »

I use DAZ 3D to create characters for my VNs.
Caution: Many VN players don't like 3D characters and won't read your work if you use them.
very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.