Petite/loli protagonists in otome games?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Arcanum
Veteran

Re: Petite/loli protagonists in otome games?

#31 Post by Arcanum »

I rather like may/december romances. I think that might be because it's far too common where I live - it's a cultural thing, I suppose. I've had a female friend that dated a 17 years old at age 13, another one who dated a 20 years old at age 14, and a male friend who married a 16 years old when he was 24. And those were from my medium class background. Girls grow up very quickly in that department here, and in poorer areas, it's common to see even younger girls pregnant/married/having sex. Thus, it doesn't look too weird for me…

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#32 Post by sayuri »

I'm 5'0 and super tiny, so I'd love a loli protagonist. I'm not sure though what age your protagonist is. If she were a teenager, it'd probably be fine if she looked young. But if she's supposed to be an adult, she should be petite without the big eyes and pigtails. When I think of the atypical heroine body type, Haruhi from Ouran is the first to mind. I say go for it though, I'm thoroughly tired of generically pretty girls who somehow have never had a boyfriend. I'm looking at you, Tohru Honda.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#33 Post by LVUER »

I basically eat everything. I'm an omnivore ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#34 Post by sayuri »

^Lol

@Arcanum
Out of curiosity, where do you live?

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#35 Post by YonYonYon »

I love petite girls. But hate "spineless loli with big tits and squeaky voice" type
ImageImage

Meems
Regular

#36 Post by Meems »

The way I see it, there is a difference between an adult woman with a petite bodytype (which I would love to see as an otome game heroine, because I have this bodytype myself) and an adult woman who looks like a child. The proportions are different - children (and lolis and shotas, since they are drawn to resemble children) have much larger heads in proportion to their body types. Petite adults are merely shorter, with flatter chests and more delicate builds.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#37 Post by Snow Blossom »

I'm fine with flat-chested MCs cuz balloon-sized breasts are just plain distracting, but if a petite/loli MC has a high-pitched voice, is uber pigeon-toed, or acts like how she looks, I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA BREAK THE COMPUTER I will be very turned-off. I'm all for shotas though, as long as they have character ^3^

Arcanum
Veteran

#38 Post by Arcanum »

@sayuri I'm from Brazil, specifically, Rio de Janeiro. It's not the norm, but it's also not so unusual that people are constantly shocked that minors are expressing their sexuality… Age of consent here is 14.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#39 Post by LVUER »

14! Seriously!? That's ... young. That means 14 years old boy/girl in Brazil could get married?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Arcanum
Veteran

#40 Post by Arcanum »

Not really, but anyone older than 14 can have sex with adults without the adult being accused of statutory rape. You've to be 16 and emancipated to marry, but there've been cases of younger people being allowed to marry simply because it was the best option (one particular case I listened in one of my law classes was of a couple where the girl was a minor, and the judge granted marriage because not only they wanted to marry, but she was pregnant, the guy already worked and wanted to support her, their parents were okay with them marrying, the community was fine with it and really, the law could only support them by allowing them the marriage)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#41 Post by Watercolorheart »

Given that I dig the 18-25 bracket that looks underaged but really isn't (just looking too cute for one's own good) a legal jailbait protagonist would be huge amounts of moe and d'awww to relate to.

Remember: your target audience for otome games (gay or bisexual men, girls and women) will likely relate to cute things. And you can still have your male cast be manly men or bishounen or whatever, lol.
I'm not even the same person anymore