Which do you like better Kinec or Nonlinear visual novels?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LadyAvori
Regular

Re: Which do you like better Kinec or Nonlinear visual novel

#16 Post by LadyAvori » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 am

It all depends on the story. If the story doesn't interest me than it doesn't matter how many choices you give me.

However, I think I prefer non-linear to linear stories when it comes to anything I read/play on the computer, or rather interactive fiction type things. I do love to read, and I read a lot of novels, short stories, poetry and comics, fiction and non. When I'm browsing for stories on here I'm generally looking for something I can interact with and still enjoy a story. (Which is why I like video games, even the linear ones, because I'm participating in some way.)

That said, if a KN has a good story I'll read it. The up side to the KN is that it is generally a quick read. (at least the ones I've read were)

seven idiots

#17 Post by seven idiots » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:13 pm

A lot of the time I tend to prefer KN-- Higurashi and Umineko are good examples of KNs. I don't read VNs to insert me myself into a story, I read to enjoy what I consider a perfect format for storytelling as well as the story itself. For that reason I'm not that fond of neutral main characters.

Choices are often frustrating for me and I hate replaying parts I've already read to get another ending. So that said I like branching off early in the game if there are to be choices! So I get the maximum amount of new content and less repeating of stuff I've already seen.

Soilet

#18 Post by Soilet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:55 am

Well, I think everything pass to a "evolution process"

Nowadays, at least on commercial games, the VN"s presented itselfs with various systems to let the player interation go further, I think that's the future, but maybe I'm wrong.

I like too non-linear VN"s, and games with a mix of genre's (Rpg, strategy or simulation).

I think they're better than kinect novels ( but more hard to do >.<)