Teacher Student relationships

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Re: Teacher Student relationships

#31 Post by ririruetoo »

That's too bad Samu-Kun! Well at least you had one that was cute!
ImageImageImage

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#32 Post by Mink »

Because of this topic, my avatar is what is currently. (Sometimes I think I'm too cynical, but then I'm like, "Nahhh.")
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by ririruetoo »

@Mink

I'm glad this topic inspired you so much as to change your avatar. (^_^) I suppose it is a personal problem, but when it's someone you care about, you can't help but worry.
ImageImageImage

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#34 Post by Mink »

I'm going to make a terrible pun here and say that sometimes *life* is the best teacher. 8D

*Website, yo*

HotLimit
Regular

#35 Post by HotLimit »

Mink wrote:Well, it's not so much the AGE thing as much as, "If I date this person *currently*, would it really be a good idea?"

I get being in love with someone. I do. All I'm saying is that it may be better to wait a bit, when there'd be less issues, than doing it right at that moment. :/

But hey, to each their own. (That probably sounds sarcastic; it really isn't meant to be. It's not my business what someone else does)
I don't know if you're speaking from experience, but from what I know, everyone who does what seems 'impulsive' in the name of love has ended up WAY better than the people who did the 'practical' thing.

ex. My brother gave up his 100k+ job to marry someone halfway across the world. They now have a child and are happier than ever. My brother currently makes around 30k a year.

ex. My friend's parents said they'd disown him if he married his girlfriend. On top of that, he got into a school far far away from his girlfriend (meaning if they got married, they'd have to live apart for at least 6 years). Also, neither of them have any income. They got married, and have been together happily for 7 years running (better than the national average for marriage...). The one guy's parents mellowed out when they saw their son's conviction to the girl.

ex. My friend left her boyfriend and piss-poor job to go back to school, get a better education/degree. She graduated and is now 100k+ in debt. Unemployed. Hasn't found a job in 4 years. Whoops!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#36 Post by SilverxBlue »

Teacher Student relationships are actually illegal here in our country. (I'm not really sure though I heard of it four years ago when I was twelve. I'm not sure if it's still illegal up to now.)

But I did hear something in the news that a young man's parents sued his teacher because the two of them had a relationship.
The teacher and the young man were both crying while the teacher was being arrested, I feel so sorry for them.

Oh and if people find out that a teacher does have a relationship with a student, parents might report, and the Department of Education will be all over the teacher's trail. And the teacher could just say "Bye bye!" to his/her teaching licence. o_O
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#37 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

HotLimit wrote:
Mink wrote:Well, it's not so much the AGE thing as much as, "If I date this person *currently*, would it really be a good idea?"

I get being in love with someone. I do. All I'm saying is that it may be better to wait a bit, when there'd be less issues, than doing it right at that moment. :/

But hey, to each their own. (That probably sounds sarcastic; it really isn't meant to be. It's not my business what someone else does)
I don't know if you're speaking from experience, but from what I know, everyone who does what seems 'impulsive' in the name of love has ended up WAY better than the people who did the 'practical' thing.

ex. My brother gave up his 100k+ job to marry someone halfway across the world. They now have a child and are happier than ever. My brother currently makes around 30k a year.

ex. My friend's parents said they'd disown him if he married his girlfriend. On top of that, he got into a school far far away from his girlfriend (meaning if they got married, they'd have to live apart for at least 6 years). Also, neither of them have any income. They got married, and have been together happily for 7 years running (better than the national average for marriage...). The one guy's parents mellowed out when they saw their son's conviction to the girl.

ex. My friend left her boyfriend and piss-poor job to go back to school, get a better education/degree. She graduated and is now 100k+ in debt. Unemployed. Hasn't found a job in 4 years. Whoops!
I don't think you could say that conclusively. It's always a gamble. What about all the women who married and 2 years later found themselves as a single mother. What about the one's that rush into marriage only to find they can't live together. What about the one's who sacrifice everything for their lover only to be left in the dust at some point. There are at least as many stories of tragedy as there are of happiness. My sister married early, and 8 years later divorced because neither of them wanted the same things. It's the way life is.

bunny-gypsy
Regular

#38 Post by bunny-gypsy »

This whole discussion totally reminds me a rule that my Teacher Education professor in my Education courses (I was learning how to become a teacher) told us several times: "Thou shalt not have sex with thy students!", lol! :lol:

I'm from the U.S. where people love to sue, so it may be different in other countries, and I'm not sure if my professor includes college teachers regarding that rule. But, yeah, my professors always said to be detached as possible from the students and to be very, very, very careful how you treat students (even if it's something innocent), for fear of lawsuits and/or crazy parents, lol. My professors tend to emphasize to be always be professional at all times.
Trying out different things and learning Ren'py and Python programming. =)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Mink »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
HotLimit wrote:

I don't think you could say that conclusively. It's always a gamble. What about all the women who married and 2 years later found themselves as a single mother. What about the one's that rush into marriage only to find they can't live together. What about the one's who sacrifice everything for their lover only to be left in the dust at some point. There are at least as many stories of tragedy as there are of happiness. My sister married early, and 8 years later divorced because neither of them wanted the same things. It's the way life is.
And I never said it could only end one way, whether it's tragedy or happiness. However, realistically, you can't expect acting impulsively to end well or work out for you (just a 'general you') just because it did for someone else. There are different circumstances and factors, and you can't reasonably say that acting impulsively would be the right thing to do because it *might* work out.

But once again, people's lives are their own and they can make whatever decisions they want to. If it goes well that's great and if it doesn't that sucks, but as Auro basically said: that's life.

*Website, yo*

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#40 Post by HikkiPanda »

SilverxBlue wrote:But I did hear something in the news that a young man's parents sued his teacher because the two of them had a relationship.
The teacher and the young man were both crying while the teacher was being arrested, I feel so sorry for them.
yeah, that's sad :(

I'm going to put a teacher in my game, if their true love can't become reality in real life, I hope they can at least make it in game :(

separating two people who love each other is just cruel T__T

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#41 Post by SilverxBlue »

HikkiPanda wrote:
SilverxBlue wrote:But I did hear something in the news that a young man's parents sued his teacher because the two of them had a relationship.
yeah, that's sad :(

I'm going to put a teacher in my game, if their true love can't become reality in real life, I hope they can at least make it in game :(

separating two people who love each other is just cruel T__T
Ahaha. I hope so too.
And yeah, I agree. I don't really see why the parents had to be so fussy about it.

The parents's reasons were it was immoral and the young man might get distracted with his studies and I think I also heard something about the young man being forced by the teacher, but the young man was totally saying that he does love her when he was (sort of) interviewed. >_<
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#42 Post by HikkiPanda »

yeah, they've gone too far ... there's definitely something wrong with the laws and morality if falling in love can land you in jail ...

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Mink »

Although, here's my question: how old was the guy? Because if he was underage I can kind of see why the parents were so ticked off...

*Website, yo*

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by ririruetoo »

I'm sure he was underage.
ImageImageImage

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Mink »

If that's the case, I don't think we should really encourage people to date kids that are underage...

Edit: That's a 'general we', not that necessarily anyone here is doing that.

*Website, yo*