BORING~ freaking many dialogue and less gameplay

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: BORING~ freaking many dialogue and less gameplay

#31 Post by LVUER »

Why? This thread is serious and the topic could be useful too. There is one or two jokes here and there, but so in the rest of internet.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nah, it just seems some goes calm and some goes lolwut while I'm the one who seems pissed XD

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#33 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Er, you wasn't very alone. Even without the ill intention, he just stabbed my VN heart with "VNs are boring". ="= If VN isn't your thing, then leave it; don't go and stab some VN fans here. :( I was awoken in the world of games through RPG but VNs still pulled me to the VN world. IF you want action, attack and depend, RPGs for ya, but for us, reading, graphics and STORY matters, we are in the VN world. :)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#34 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

*raises hand* I was slightly annoyed. Not now of course, but I was and I do take it rather seriously. I feel that disregarding literature from being involved in games would significantly impair not only it's ability to tell stories, but also general reputation amongst the community. These kind of games often appeal to different types of people. Heavy Rain for instance did not appeal well to the FPS gamers because of the high level of dialogue and lack of full gameplay, but it did very well with some of the newer demographics. I mean, saying games with lots of words are less worthy is like saying books will never be as good as movies.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#35 Post by jack_norton »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:I mean, saying games with lots of words are less worthy is like saying books will never be as good as movies.
that's a good quote :) the fact that in general movies are seen by more people, doesn't mean that books should be valued less.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#36 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

jack_norton wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I mean, saying games with lots of words are less worthy is like saying books will never be as good as movies.
that's a good quote :) the fact that in general movies are seen by more people, doesn't mean that books should be valued less.
It will be a sad, sad day for humanity if that ever happens. I'm more visual art inclined, but I love literature. Books have provided me with some of the greatest stories I have ever seen. I could never ignore good writing. Different tools, same purpose.

Suikama
Regular
Completed: Down on the Corner
Projects: Stories of an Eastern Paradise

#37 Post by Suikama »

Jacket wrote:/facepalm