Who's using Flash?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
lumchanx

Who's using Flash?

#1 Post by lumchanx »

So is anyone using Flash to make ren'ai and related games? I don't know much about using Flash so I don't know if it's a practical tool for this kind of game.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#2 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

"Kasuka" at the ren'ai archives uses flash. But that was released over two years ago. Most people here are now using Ren'Py. IMO, Ren'Py is a lot better and easier than flash, unless you're doing a lot of weird animation or something... Though, flash can still be useful to create the images for your game.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

OTOH, if you make a flash game you can send it to newgrounds and become either popular or endlessly mocked for failing to be full of sex and drugs! :)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#4 Post by Watercolorheart »

And even if you're an excellent animator and artist, people will still mock you, if I'm any judge.

I use Flash to make my animations and all my art. No exceptions. I may color in Photoshop, but all my sketches and lineart are done in Flash 8.

Although, I very occasionally use Poser 6 for backgrounds.