Fanservice for women?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Re: Fanservice for women?

#16 Post by Blane Doyle »

Well, everyone has different ideas of fanservice, men and women, but there are a lot of generals. Shirtless well built guys, yaoi undertones for some, many girls I know like muscular men. I also think that small details, such as theirs likes and dislikes, can be fanservice in the end if the viewer likes the traits enough.

Fanservice for anyone is a little hard to get all in all. I know guys who have no reaction to excessive cleavage shown, but find the image of bare feet extremely sexy, or short shirts or even short hair.

Personally, I actually prefer somewhat different things. I like shorter guys who aren't excessively muscular, who are very sweet but don't know how to act around people. That's fanservice for me, while another girl might think it's just... not eye candy at all. My closest friend likes VERY tall and VERY muscular men who are outgoing but sweet around the ones they like. Guys eating could be seen as fanservicy to girls too, even though it is seen as more of a male fetish, and I know that some girls like guys who crossdress.

... fanservice is a strange strange world.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#17 Post by Mink »

It's just dawned on me that this page may be relevant to the topic at hand.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#18 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Blue Lemma wrote:@Auro: I wonder if it's some kind of equivalent to the forced/unintended female-stripping fanservice for males. You know, a character suddenly finds him/herself in an embarrassing situation which somehow serves as the junk food :) Classic emasculation psychological-type stuff and all that? (I dunno, just a theory)
That is possible. I prefer my males, ah, unemasculated.

Based on research, the top ten male body parts are, from most important to least important:

1. Athletic body shape.
2. Broad shoulders, chest and muscular arms.
3. Small, tight butt.
4. Full Hair.
5. Sensual mouth.
6. Kind eyes.
7. Strong nose and chin.
8. Narrow hips.
9. Flat belly.
10. Ah, male appendage.

That basically links with signs of how good a mate a male will be genetically. But then there are also the attractiveness of a good provider, a protector and a nurturer. AND then you get into the world of fantasy that doesn't even have to coincide with these at all. I think psychology can easily overthrow physical when it comes to girls.

Oh, and adding to that, I think THE most attractive type of fanservice is a males full and utter attention. The idea of being 'loved' is very attractive.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#19 Post by Blue Lemma »

Bane Reiko wrote:I like shorter guys who aren't excessively muscular, who are very sweet but don't know how to act around people.
Sweet, I just need to shrink a bit, and I might have a date lined up this weekend! :lol:

@Mink: Lots of shirtless examples there, hmmmm

@Auro: I think that list would be rearranged for what guys worry about!
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Oh, and adding to that, I think THE most attractive type of fanservice is a males full and utter attention. The idea of being 'loved' is very attractive.
See, there you go being all sweet and wholesome again. Girls! :P (but it is)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

When I said six pack, it doesn't have to be lots of muscle like Arnold's. Personally, I prefer tight muscle like Jackie Chan's/Cheun Lung's (when he's still young obviously). If I'm a girl, I will definitely drool over such man... (thankfully, I'm a man, so I will drool over loli moe girl instead ^_^ )
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#21 Post by Mink »

LVUER, I'm starting to worry a bit about you. >x>

@Auro: Mm, I don't know, I'd like a guy who's as big of a jerk as I am. A perfect date would be sitting down at some public place and snarking about passersby. <3
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#22 Post by YonYonYon »

Please, gimme:
1) Necks from the back
2) Strong noses
3) Uniforms
4) Gentle arms
5) More manly than girly men
6) Glasses
Damn, look at this Medic http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=team%20 ... 6#/d3hymh1
ImageImage

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by lepapillonrouge »

So I was writing a really long post but it's 3:30 am so I'll make it short.

Personality, I think, is the bigger fanservice for a woman.

I can't speak for all women, BUT I think in general girls just like when guys show their sweet side to them.

Especially if said guys act all manly all the time.

They also like it when guys are calm and funny. Humor is pretty key if a guy wants a girl I think ahaha. Especially if said girl is not a naturally happy person. Might be speaking for myself on this one, though.

But physically we might care less in real life, maybe, but otome games there exists a demand for higher quality of art. I think. OELVN wise I don't believe this is the case though.
I've also noticed that (otome game wise at least) it's better that there isn't a large age gap between the protagonist and the guy she pursues.

I think I need to sleep to give more points, but I think I could rant about this for a while.
deviantART
---------------------

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#24 Post by kersplode »

I think one point that people have forgotten to mention, in otome games at least, are collarbones. I believe it's the male equivalent of a boob curve. for personality fanservice(rather than just appealing personalities), it's often a character forced to be ooc. wearing cat ears, dressing up in silly outfits, maybe anything that gets them flustered? anyway, I think I'm stuck on tvtropes now. I remember seeing the perfect entry for this, I'll post it if I find it~

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#25 Post by Joey »

lepapillonrouge wrote:I can't speak for all women, BUT I think in general girls just like when guys show their sweet side to them.

Especially if said guys act all manly all the time.
I agree with this comment \o/

I don't know if this counts, but boy x boy? I know not every girl is into BL, but within the anime/manga realm it's not uncommon xD; You have characters like the twins from Ouran~ Personally I really like seeing bromance between the character I like and his friends, whether real guys really act that way or not ;w;
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#26 Post by TsukiShima »

I want to keep it simple in this one, and specific.

Fanservice for me is YAOI.

*insertjunjouterroristpicturehere*

Funnyguts
Veteran

#27 Post by Funnyguts »

I prefer cute, feminine guys. I'll easily associate big muscles with obnoxious personalities.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#28 Post by azureXtwilight »

I don't know why, but I find magneto/eric from X-men first class an awesome fanservice, from the beginning until the end of the movie. 8D Me and mah tastes.

Females squee when they see manly men blush. Period.

Arcanum
Veteran

#29 Post by Arcanum »

I also think some fanservice for guys apply for girls too… Like the movie, Sucker Punch. Everyboy said it was a guy fantasy to have girls in sailor fuku fighting against monsters with katanas in some videogames setting… BUT IT WAS MY EXACT FANTASY TOO ;0; I love watching girls fight, so I can feel powerful too.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#30 Post by Aleema »

Hmm, a lot these seem to be just what women like ... Is that what fanservice is? Aren't we allowed to have preferences like glasses and muscular men without feeling guilty? Those may be fetishes, but I always thought that fanservice was ... something that was forced into the story as a shout out to fans. Like, Leonard Nimoy in the new Star Trek movie. Or panty shots, in just about any anime. There's little reason for it to be there other than to titillate the audience (and not the characters). Shouldn't a personality have a reason to be there? :3 Just my feelings on what fanservice is.

Anyway, I've said it before but the male equivalent of cleavage is the V-shaped muscles right above the groin. Me like that. I think each gender appreciates a good "walking in on them almost naked" scene. Just being shirtless in general is fanservice I think (see: any joke related to Jacob Black from Twilight). Also, LICKING THINGS. I like to see guys licking things, bonus points if it's the MC.