How do you make OP

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Sentou Gakuen
Regular

How do you make OP

#1 Post by Sentou Gakuen »

Hey, I've been wondering what application that is good for making opening movie like in visual novel/eroge usually?

I kinda need to make myself one for trailer

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

Re: How do you make OP

#2 Post by MiSi »

I usually work with Open Shot... but I have Ubuntu installed... don't think, it'll work for another platform ._.

Sentou Gakuen
Regular

#3 Post by Sentou Gakuen »

MiSi wrote:I usually work with Open Shot... but I have Ubuntu installed... don't think, it'll work for another platform ._.
Just browse and take look at their sample work. whoa yeah this is the kind of software im looking for!

damn it's for linux

Avaible
Regular

#4 Post by Avaible »

I would use After Effects and Premiere Pro. You can download a 30days trial on their web-site for free to test it out. And if you like it, just deinstall it after the trial period and download the trial again.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I agree with Avaible. I use both programs and I am reasonably certain they are used in most cases for commercial OPs.

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#6 Post by Joey »

Avaible wrote:You can download a 30days trial on their web-site for free to test it out. And if you like it, just deinstall it after the trial period and download the trial again.
You can do that? O_o I was planning on doing the same for my game but I don't have the time to make an OP now (or anything to make it with for that matter) so I thought I would only download it when I find time so I don't waste it. Because I once downloaded a trial for Flash and when it tried to download it again after it ran out it wouldn't let me install >_<
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Avaible
Regular

#7 Post by Avaible »

Sure you can :) It's important that the program and everything it may have put into your registry/memory is completely wiped out during the deinstallation. For that matter, RevoUninstaller is a good help - it's always better to properly uninstall programs to not to fill your computer with useless remnants which may cause performance problems later on.

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#8 Post by Kikered »

If you're making a game with RenPy and are feeling particularly hardcore, you could script one using purely RenPy. It was already doable on even older versions with some creativity with alpha and liberal use of pauses, and I'd imagine this newfangled ATL probably makes the scripting (a little) cleaner.

See http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=6589 for an example ;)
Last edited by Kikered on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#9 Post by Fawn »

You could also use Flash or another animating program. But in general movie making software is easier...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#10 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Also, as general advice, plan out what you want to do and how you are going to do it. It is much easier to lay things down in the beginning then trying to edit after the fact. Also, because of the nature of these programs, it is best to have a good idea of what you want to before you even create images. The images you have will effect what you can do with them. For instance, you can do some pretty cool perspective effects if you have separate foreground and background elements, but this get a lot harder if they are fused together.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#11 Post by Kokoro Hane »

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro is a REALLY good program to use. I made an opening for my personal-use test run visual novel, and I also make lots of AMVs with this program, and it is excellent. It has a few good effects, and you can customzie your own if you know what you're doing, using the pans and zooms and size proportions. I use Version 15, but I think they're already up to Version 17. It's pretty affordable in my opinion, only $50 dollars or so (unlike programs like Sony Vegas or Photoshop, which can be close to or even over a hundred XD!!!) Though I think the version I use, since it's a little older, is cheaper now (20 bucks or something from Amazon, I believe).
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"