NaNoReNo 2012

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

NaNoReNo 2012

#1 Post by Anna »

If I remember correctly, there was a visual novel production month, with the challenge to finish an entire VN in one month; March. That's all I know though, so feel free to add information!

I'll be entering with my partner K-chan, and we'll create a small and free visual novel, so I'm really looking forward to it :D!

Who else is entering this year, has anyone formed groups to work with yet, are you all ready? Do tell!

PS: I'm not sure where else to put this, so I'm sorry if it doesn't belong here. Feel free to move it if that's the case.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: NaNoReNo 2012

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

Yup, right about now is the time to start planning your NaNoRenO entries. While I don't think the rules are strictly imposed, people find it fun to follow them as a challenge. Taken from the NaNo 2010 thread, this is what PyTom said:
NaNoRenO is a yearly event in which people take the month of March to create a game from scratch. IntRenAiMo is a similar event in which people endeavor to finish their works in progress during March. The distinction we've made is that a game is made from scratch in a month if nothing produced before that month specifically for use in the final game. (Notes and sketches produced in advance are fine. So are resources taken from elsewhere.)
So you all better start planning for it :D I don't think my team is planning to make any NaNo games together since we want to output a demo for TWCC by the end of March, but I have a joke KN I plan to release.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Polymorphic Games is planning an Otome project, and the Spartan Build Team will be weighing in with a second Troubleshooter Tales game this year.

That's right, folks, it's two-for-one year! (Check it out, I've gone corporate. jk)
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#4 Post by Mink »

I'll do it because it'll give me an excuse to make My Boyfriend is a Hamster! Also, I just got a tablet, so attempting sketched sprites because my inking/coloring has gone back to terrible will be an interesting challenge.

And...I have no group. :/
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Anna »

Thank you, CheeryMoya!
Mink wrote:And...I have no group. :/
Then... are you going to do everything by yourself o_o?

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#6 Post by Mink »

Eh, music/backgrounds will totally be free assets. Everything else...yeah. There I go again, being a glutton for punishment.

Edit: now that I think about it, I wish I had an inker. I could do flat coloring, but my inking is still...shaky, to say the least, since I've only had this tablet for about a week, if that.
Last edited by Mink on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Website, yo*

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#7 Post by teacup »

I think I'm actually going to attempt to do this this year..
Progress with my real project has been pretty slow lately, mostly cause my mind keeps floating to different ideas.. NaNoReNo seems like a good place to get those ideas out! I don't have a group either, though.. I'll probably just do everything alone. XD;;

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#8 Post by Morishita »

This sounds like fun! I think I'll enter too! I know I'm working on a visual novel now but making a new one from scratch with a time limit should be fun. I just have to think up of a fun idea that I'll like! I'm totally pumped!

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Applegate »

While working with a group is no doubt exciting, it takes a unified view to really gather one. Finding people to invest their free time in an idea you have is dandy, but I've found that unless you're equally excited about the idea, it's hard to unify people. (unless you have money!)

I'll likely work on something by myself as well and then get frustrated halfway when nothing works out the way I want it to. Something pretentiouscasual, about politics or copyright, perhaps. I've a few ideas for a quick one-month project.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Mink »

I can tell you right now mine is going to be a not-so-subtle satire of...everything. And you should expect nothing else from something called My Boyfriend is a Hamster!.

*Website, yo*

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#11 Post by Morishita »

I really want to try a simple GxB love story. I've always enjoyed the one's set in school but I might have it set up in a donuts shop, this is were she could work at but I don't know for sure. Just an idea. I'll have to keep thinking.

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#12 Post by kaleidofish »

I can't wait for NaNoReNo to start! I've been looking forward to it for a while now. I'll be making it by myself, because that's just how I do. I'm considering being a masochist and doing my music myself, too, but I'll have to see. It's bad enough already that I'll be doing the artwork, haha. It'll be something cute and simple. :D
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#13 Post by Camille »

Auro and I are taking a quick break from BCM to do a little something for NaNo that we've been planning for a while. It's a pretty small project, but should be a lot of fun. :3

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Anna »

Haha, it's so cool to see everyone participating. Good luck, you can do it and have lots of fun ^^!

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#15 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Can you participate if it's a side story or part of a larger story, or does it have to be completely original?