NaNoReNo 2012

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: NaNoReNo 2012

#61 Post by Mink »

Carassaurat wrote:Since newbies claiming to be in NaNoRenO have a bit of a notorious habit of not actually delivering anything by the end of the month, I'll only make promises in the negative: whatever happens, I'll make no Japanese high school dating VN ;)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

NickelBuckle9
Regular
Completed: MiniBot
Projects: Ah! Peku, Pokemon Trainer Game (untitled)

#62 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

I only heard about NanNoReNo a few weeks ago, but I definitely want to give it a try! My good friend from High School participated in NaNoWriMo for like 5 years now, and it always seems like a challenge. Since writing is more of a side hobby to art... I'm excited there's a slightly more suitable challenge for me!

I'm thinking of scrapping everything that I have for Ah! Peku and starting over fresh for this challenge. I think my main goals is to create a more fun game, and one with a good story. I have my ideas all refurbished and ready to go, so I'll be starting it tomorrow when I get home!

I don't think I'm going to create a WIP until I'm at least half way done, but its going to be about a moon bird called a Peku. A meteor accidentally knocked the egg over and made it roll off the moon and fall to Earth. Your job is to nurse it and help it grow up strong so that it can fly back to the moon. Depending on how you take care of it, there could be multiple outcomes.

:3

Good luck everyone!
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Ru9-vlic
(Check video details for download links)
http://nickel-buckle-9.deviantart.com/

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#63 Post by Cidz »

ahhh complete a VN in a month huh?
well i got my big VN project to work on still it might be kind of fun to try and do a side project I guess i can use stock sprites/BGs or something.
or is it just the script itself that has to be done in a month?
is this a lemmasoft thing or does nanaremo have a website? (like nanawrimo does)

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#64 Post by Anna »

Cidz wrote:ahhh complete a VN in a month huh?
or is it just the script itself that has to be done in a month?
is this a lemmasoft thing or does nanaremo have a website? (like nanawrimo does)
The entire VN (art, script etc) should be done within this month, so that people can play it on April 1st. I don't think this event has a website, it's just here on Lemmasoft and you can participate in it here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=50

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#65 Post by Cidz »

Oh, nice. Thanks! I think I'll give it a try. Lately I've been in such a rut not sure how to write this big project I'm working on, so this might be a nice break, get my juices flowing again haha.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by SusanTheCat »

I've been reading the WIPs for NaNoRenO and I am so excited!

Lots of fun and interesting games to be seen.

SQUEEEEE!!!!!

/me does happy dance

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#67 Post by DaFool »

Yeah, this year's Nanoreno seems to be the biggest ever. Lots of pro groups participating as well. I'm looking forward to see what's going to finish. Though sadly I'll have to sit this one out.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#68 Post by Taleweaver »

Yeah, not participating this year either. Though I'll try to do an old Hallowe'en project idea later this year; something of NaNoRenO character. And the final chapter of DaFool's "Elspeth's Garden". And two commercial projects. And the possible proofreading job for Robinwood Studios if they decide to participate in NaNoRenO. And a few more things...

Poor me... T_T
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#69 Post by GeneDNC »

I'm also not putting up a thread just yet, since I'm still tweaking the story and want to get some more of the script done first. Am also trying not to get intimidated by all the fantastic looking projects that are already up.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#70 Post by Anna »

@Taleweaver: Wow, don't overwork yourself there o_o;.
GeneDNC wrote:I'm also not putting up a thread just yet, since I'm still tweaking the story and want to get some more of the script done first. Am also trying not to get intimidated by all the fantastic looking projects that are already up.
There is nothing to be intimidated about; everyone's still in the beginning phase and just having fun :)! I'm also still writing my butt off, so don't be afraid to join.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#71 Post by Mink »

Yeah, you shouldn't be intimidated by others' work. Like, if I feel bad about my art, I just go, "Welp, Jo Chen's art didn't always look as good as it does now. Besides, she's got a head start on me."

Also, I'm watching everyone else's projects, even if I don't comment. 83 I'm the sort of person who tends to only comment if I see something that makes me go, "Uh, about that...?", or if specific feedback is asked for.

*Website, yo*

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by CheeryMoya »

Is it odd to have more progress on the BGs and little-to-no progress on sprites? Granted, I only need 2 BGs and 1 sprite for my game, but usually sprites are first to finish before anything else art-wise :/ Damn it, why can't there be more hours in the day?! Omni, where are youuuuu

Also, how much progress has everyone made so far? I see games with loads of characters and lots of wordcount already, and I think to myself, "They either have too much free time or are demons to be working that fast!" Ugh...

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Mink »

Nah, I'm a jobless (full-time) college student who has morning classes and just works in the afternoons/at night.

*Website, yo*

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#74 Post by clua »

CheeryMoya wrote:Is it odd to have more progress on the BGs and little-to-no progress on sprites? Granted, I only need 2 BGs and 1 sprite for my game, but usually sprites are first to finish before anything else art-wise :/ Damn it, why can't there be more hours in the day?! Omni, where are youuuuu

Also, how much progress has everyone made so far? I see games with loads of characters and lots of wordcount already, and I think to myself, "They either have too much free time or are demons to be working that fast!" Ugh...
hehehe Im lurking...
I work at home doing freelance...The current one Im doing is for my friend s game and he is busy with other thing so its on stand by..In other words Im slacking right now so Im trying to work on my project the fast I can because there will be heavy work around mid march and april XD...Sprites doesnt take me long...bgs, code and writting does..so right now Im suffering
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Nekochi
Regular
Projects: Snow White and the Seven Thugs
Organization: Royal Flush

#75 Post by Nekochi »

I never understood why all these NaNo's take place during the school year. I really wish more of them were in the summer! That said, classes are winding up for the quarter, so I don't have much work left to do. I want to try and participate, but obviously keeping up in Japanese is more important. I'll definitely do something for a project, but it may not get finished in time to count. In any case, my project is based around a doodle of mine from when I was in high school: Everyone, meet Mr. Cookie and the Pocky Men

Good luck to everyone and my sympathies to anyone planning to participate in both NaNoRenMo and Script Frenzy. Back to back NaNo's sounds like it'd be exhausting!

Now where can I find music sung by a barbershop quartet that I can use for free?