Wish Fulfillment

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Wish Fulfillment

#16 Post by Anna »

So you just want to get a few ideas here? What are you taking as the max number of wishes? Also, realize that each path will be an entirely different story XD so you'll actually be making X VNs depending on the number of wishes you insert.

It's like asking a player 'do you want to be a doctor, or a lawyer?' and then branches from there, but what's keeping those two storylines together in such a way that you pile them under 'one VN'? Perhaps it's a good idea to think about that too.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#17 Post by Mink »

My childhood fantasies/wishes/wants are completely non-romantic:

1) Join the French Foreign Legion

2) Be a Boy Scout

3) Live alone on an island with just my stuffed toys

Yes, I was a little girl who wanted to be a Boy Scout.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#18 Post by kaleidofish »

Throwing my wish into the pile, since I haven't seen anyone else yet who wanted to be a ROCK STAR when they were a kid. I even made up my own band and performed air-concerts at recess. It's part of the reason why I look forward to playing Aleema's upcoming game Rock Robin...I'll get to play through the eyes of a rock star and be a bad ass at the same time, haha! I've also wanted to be a writer since I was in third grade.

Anna has some good points you should consider. You've got the potential for a huge visual novel here if you don't make it manageable.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by OtomeWeekend »

My wish was becoming a man. Actually, I was more on the boyish side since I was a brat(I'm still a brat even now anyway) and even now, I still prefer speaking like a boy, acting whatever. I guess I'm not bi though. The only girlish thing I've ever and still doing is playing otome games while squealing on all the 2D boys squeal-able. I even prefer cool than cute even now though it was slowly starting to change what with my whole rilakkuma fever, my pink pencils, stuffed toys and stuff. I've been changing into a bit girly after moving here in Japan.

I'm even starting to write my letters/kanji in a cutish way rather than my oh-it's-beyond-unreadable-writing xDD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#20 Post by Glasskitten »

The Glasskitten wishes:
-to save the world
--with superpowers
--or massive amounts of money
--or social/political power that somehow does not require actual socialization
-for a kind, bishie, drama-resistant help meet
--who shares a similar faith and worldview
--who is also a Jagermonster
--working for the Mossad
--with stronger superpowers than Charles Xavier
--and a charming British accent
-for a kitten
--that remains on the small side even when it grows up
--with long black fluff as soft as a sink full of soap bubbles
-to be extraordinarily cute forever
-to go on a dinosaur hunt and actually find one
--and bring it home and name it something adorable
-for an epic fort
--with blankets on the inside and heavy defenses on the outside
--that can fly
-for a piece of cheese
--specifically orange cheddar
--don't judge me, it's been a long weekend. ><

Surprisingly, these aren't qualitatively much different from what echoed though the Glasskitten's skull as a puny child...

...Showing off to friends isn't really in there anywhere, but...eh, the Glasskitten never claimed to be within normal psychological parameters. ^_^;

In reaction to OtomeWeekend-san's post, the Glasskitten vaguely wonders what benefits male biology would confer.
Grand list of things not officially canceled:
Salt -- the heartwarming story of brain-eating space worms
Tangent -- an epic poem and/or novel about a borderline-autistic Martian imp and her relationship with God
Kittens of the Darned -- a grimdark soap opera about sexy catgirls (Indefinitely postponed until I learn to draw and color realistically)
The Other Mary -- the most perfect fic about the most perfect Mary Sue EVER
Rockheart -- a short story about a monster who kills everyone
Corrupted -- a completely different short story about a monster who kills everyone (late Worst Visual Novel Ever)
Checkpoint 36a -- the transcription of a short multi-ending dream about time travel and undead schoolgirls
In Which the Princess is Kidnapped -- an entry in the "ordinary girl ends up in an alien universe and tries to save it" genre
Pictogram Scramble: Magical Friendship Bunny Ivy -- a Flash game about a magical girl making friends (Indefinitely postponed until I learn how friendship works)

Loveli
Regular

#21 Post by Loveli »

I have an Idea!!! I have always liked the idea of having a weird (actually normal on the outside but when you get to know her too well, and I prefer female MC to be girly!!) protagonist that can see ghosts or other type of spirits like angels and then... voila make them fall in love and you got a pair of star-crosed lovers!! :D Amazing!! You could make a hole harem!! (I prefer of the Otome kind) Have a ghost, an angel, maybe even a little devil and things like those that no one else can see!! And also ad the typical childhood friend that can also be romanced and it's all a lil skeptical about the MC seen spirits!! :D ... It's just an idea tough... a very lousy one that I have always wanted to see!! ._. So might as well post it on "Ideas Dump" . But well... yes I really wish to see a VN like that :D

If you like the idea I'm sure I can come up whit a LOT of more details... But maybe you won't... I don't know, just felt like saying my "wish" xD

So whit the wish thing you said bellice, it could be like "I wish to see ghosts" and BAM you got a sexy ghost haunting you xD
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D