Do you make GxB, BxG, BxB, or GxG? Why?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Cinderspark
Regular
Projects: Reaching
Organization: Embersift Gaming
Deviantart: csember

Re: Do you make GxB, BxG, BxB, or GxG? Why?

#61 Post by Cinderspark »

I do mostly GxB, simply because I'm a girl and it is easier for me to write for them, but I usually write out my plots so there is at least one same-sex option even though it is a mainly GxB game.... so yeah... what I am currently working on, however, is wolves, so it's a little different.

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#62 Post by ShippoK »

Right now I'm making a BxB game, but I tend to avoid most romance genres in general. (Hard to avoid romance genres in VN's though, so it's inevitable).

Why I was interested in making a sort-of romance BxB VN in the first place, no clue. I guess I'm trying to aim for something 'different' in the BL community. How my attempt will turn out in the end... Will see, I'm hoping for good fortunes upon myself on this VN.

If I wasn't making a BxB I probably make some BxG (Have no ideas for one *yet* though). At most, I probably have some future ideas with some BxG romance on the side. (I kind of do already...)
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#63 Post by MioSegami »

I mainly do GxB, and right now I'm sort have GxG in my current otome game. But honestly I do all of them if it's needed in my game or wanted is more like it. Right now my game that is a GxB and has GxG as well. I don't know if it even makes sense lol. It's a mixture of both :) I do it because I can understand it from a girls point of view more, explains why I do more of GxB. But I'm open to a boys point of view. :]
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#64 Post by SundownKid »

I write BxG because I'm a straight guy, and that's what I can do best (hopefully). I would rather write GxG than GxB for the same reason. BxB, probably not.

DreamDragonHatchling
Regular

#65 Post by DreamDragonHatchling »

I'm a girl and love BxB, and I prefer BxB, but GxB is okay too.
Only thing i wont write or play is GxG...... Don't know why..... never say never, so might try out in future, but not now.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#66 Post by azureXtwilight »

I make GxB since it's easier for me, but actually I'm thinking on making non-romance and BxG too.

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#67 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

I'm not really making romance stories, but about the relations I'll say all of them of course.

HienFan
Regular
Projects: Mystic China, Kirei no shojo no yume

#68 Post by HienFan »

My current main work is actually GXB since I wanted to try a shy girl tries to get nice guy typical shojo stuff on my own twist but actually I plan to mainly do BXB because I'm a massive Yaoi fan and has a huge interest in homosexuality

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#69 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm working on a GxB with slight GxG on it, but most of what I have worked on are non-romance. But generally, I like all of them. Just that they should NOT go "to the next level", if you know what I mean.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#70 Post by KittyKatStar »

GxB/G since I feel the most comfortable writing them. Although I'm completely fine with BxG. Haven't tried BxB so not sure how well I'd do.

Although if I wrote a character, and then I was told to genderflip them, I'd probably barely change a thing. ^^; (Since to me, I never really think about gender, just the character.) So maybe I could do BxB - although I'd hope it'd seem realistic...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#71 Post by Blue Lemma »

I make BxG because
* I'm a B who's into Gs ;)
* more able to draw off personal experience
* hardly anyone here makes BxG anymore

In a thread some time ago, I said that it's more useful to make the kind of characters and games you want to see than it is to complain about other people (esp. game companies) not making them. And since I try to practice what I preach, I'm making special effort this year to add more BxG to the community here rather than just lament how there is relatively little.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#72 Post by fleet »

For reasons identical to Blue Lemma, I make VN's about men and women.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#73 Post by Helianthus »

I’m not into « pure » romance, because I prefer to write stories with various plot elements (romance is only one of them) and most of the time I prefer BxG. I know it’s quite paradoxal because I’m a girl but really, I don’t feel comfortable with GxB at all :oops:
The only explanation I have is that in BxG, the girl is the object of love, so I have to describe what strikes the most to the narrator when he fall in love with her, what’s so peculiar about her, while if I write about a girl falling in love, I’m under the impression that’s me and I’m no good when I try to express my feelings into words. So I have to express things differently.
Also, I usually never write about GxG and BxB, because I’m not sure I’m qualified enough to talk about it (I don’t know what it’s like to be homosexual so I don’t want to make any mistake :? ). But I do want to try one day.
Incidentally, I’m planning to write a VN about sexuality when I’m done with my actual project, so I wanna try to tackle the subject as a whole (sexual identity, gender, homosexuality). One day, one day…
In short, I’m a strange girl who prefer BxG. Yup.

13thSyndicate

#74 Post by 13thSyndicate »

Welll.... right now I'm just starting my first KN.... I want to make it based on a story I was writing, something I think would be even betterwith visuals. It's GxB.... but my friends and I have been talking about making a BxG/BxB VN as well. I wouldn't mind doing any and all of the above.... I probably wouldn't do GxG, but only because I've never really written yuri and wouldn't really know how to write a believable yuri romance.

But I wouldn't be against playing a GxG game... or trying my hand at writing one.

Though... I don't know if you could call it GxB.... because the B tells half the story too... so it's kind of GxB and BxG? I dunno. I'm making it off a romance novel....

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#75 Post by Fungii »

I suppose I can't really classify myself as 'make' seeing as I haven't finished my first yet (curse u university) BUT my main drive to make GxB when the genre is clearly oversaturated in the indie department is because too many otome games feature boys that just aren't my type.
That's it, that's my driving force.
It's that shallow.