Tablet Choices

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#16 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

actually, whether you have dual monitor or not, the tablet is still capable to adapting.

it is like a mouse but has two modes. one is the absolute and it has relative.

found out when i didn't install the drive and my wrist hurts even more when i tried moving from one end of my image to the other.

change through control panel and tablet. play around with the settings. you should be able to use the relative.
DA Page me anytime for job offers *_*

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by EwanG »

it is like a mouse but has two modes. one is the absolute and it has relative.
In the relative mode, the pen work gets messy at best. Particularly if you still have both displays on...
Click the "Mapping" tab.
Under the "Screen Area" dropbox, select monitor 1.
No such option on the Graphire whether I go through the Programs interface or the Control Panel Interface. What model are you using? That may identify what I need to look for the next time.

Thanks,
Ewan

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by EwanG »

Found it (because I was driving myself nuts). Turns out in my version of the driver there is no Mapping Tab.

Instead you go into Control Panel->Pen Tablet->Pen (tab)

Select Pen Mode for Tracking, then click the Details button.

There you have a screen area option. Weirdness there is that sometimes you change the screen, and the OK button remains grayed out, but can still be clicked to save the change.

Anyway, with that done, I now have the mouse using both screens, and the pen just using the main screen.

Driver Version 4.94-3 if anyone's interested. Also the packaging has a link for the Vista driver, but I don't think I'm going to be installing Vista anytime soon :lol: