NaNoRenO 2007- The ren'ai visual novel challenge!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

#121 Post by Guest »

Looks at NaNoRenO Death Clock... 32 days...

I may have lost all my precious data but that doesn't mean I'm out of the race...

...Goes back to work

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#122 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Snow Puma wrote:By the way, you guys could use a real logo. I threw this one together yesterday and, if you guys want to, you can feel free to use it.
Sorry- I didn't mean to ignore this. Looks nice. If Misu would like to add it to the layout of the webpage, then awesome. Won't really be able to do it myself though...

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#123 Post by Kikered »

Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

absinthe
Regular

#124 Post by absinthe »

I stayed up until seven am this morning working on a non-NaNo plot bunny that bit me yesterday afternoon.

Now I'm shaking my brain out, getting those creative juices flowing for the day after tomorrow.

(And desperately wanting a nap.)

Can I use that NaNo logo as part of my game? Probably somewhere in the intro and then in the credits (with credit, of course!), if that's okay!

Oh, and I stumbled over Celtx (see Wikipedia entry here for a good overview) in my downloads directory (must have downloaded it for some reason, but I don't think I ever actually used it) and thought I'd mention it -- it's an open source scriptwriting software that seems like it might be useful for keeping track of game related information and maybe organizing game structure.

I personally prefer to use plain text files, but meh, might be useful for someone.

(Man, this waiting to get started is worse than Christmas, I swear.)
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#125 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

absinthe wrote:Can I use that NaNo logo as part of my game? Probably somewhere in the intro and then in the credits (with credit, of course!), if that's okay!
Hey- that sounds like a really nice idea. Make the NaNoRenO games really stand out as what they are. Snow Puma said we were free to go ahead and use it, so I say go for it. I'll probably do it myself too.

Perhaps it could be like a sort of medal. A kind of official stamp that says "Completed in one month". And the privilege of including the logo in your game can only be had by those who complete their game before the deadline- a little extra motivation for everyone.
Last edited by ShiraiJunichi on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

absinthe
Regular

#126 Post by absinthe »

Oh, I like that idea!

I was thinking of using it as something like, you know, the game company logo that pops up before the game intro starts, along with one for Ren'Py and our Team. Just for that 'professional' feel.
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

Misuzu
Regular

#127 Post by Misuzu »

I'll integrate the logo into the page in a bit, need to talk to Snow Puma for the vector file of it though =o.

frumplstlskn
Regular

#128 Post by frumplstlskn »

I've spent today and yesterday learning Renpy and practicing game art, so I might just be able to make a game after all. :3 The only hurdle now is plot...

#129 Post by Guest »

A bit late... Okay, really late, but I'd like to formally enter

Team Musume (team of 3)

into NaNoRenO 2007. I've already written a few things in Ren'py, and we have a plot (if you can call it that) going so here's to the coming month

suzushirou

#130 Post by suzushirou »

I meant to make that last post with this account, but I failed it

yuirei
Regular

#131 Post by yuirei »

soon the game clock starts XD good luck to everyone and remember to have fun while at it ^^

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#132 Post by DaFool »

Though I'm not directly participating, this is exciting.

So many teams!!!

I also love that NaNoRenO logo idea. It's like a 'high-performance' badge which makes your game like a Mugen Civic or AMG Mercedes or BMW M5 or Audi Quattro.

pheriannath
Regular

#133 Post by pheriannath »

Found some free music from ccMixter that fits what I had in mind perfectly. Great! (although, frankly, not nearly enough - my call for help still holds)

Here's what I think: find your music score first, preferably one perfect piece, then think of your script while listening to it. You can picture the plot so much better!

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#134 Post by chronoluminaire »

I know I haven't been here much for the past year or so, but I'll show my face to say Good Luck to all NaNoRenO participants! You can do it! :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#135 Post by mugenjohncel »

Ahh!... looks at the clock...

The time is almost at hand... but wait!...

What is this thing I see in front of my screen?

Anyway... NaNoRenO here I come... does some warm-up exercises.

Goes back to work...