Should NaNoRenO allow any type of VN or KN?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

What kind of games should be accepted for NaNoRenO?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Ren'ai games only
9%
Ren'ai games or Any VN.
No votes
Ren'ai games or any KN or VN.
91%

Total votes: 22

yuirei
Regular

#16 Post by yuirei »

any type ^^

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

mikey wrote:
Shii wrote:Isn't "NaNoRenO" a silly name since it no longer has anything to do with ren'ai? Besides we have "NaViNoWriMo" which works.
Well, such is the force of habit - it's not logical, doesn't mean anything, but it's been a symbol for over 2 years, it's hard to let go. Mind you, we had IntRenAiMo - International Ren'Ai Month, which was sort of a different version of NaNoRenO with looser rules, but it's kind of always been NaNoRenO. :?
That was kind of my thinking. Change the rules... ok... Change the name... and is it even the same event? It's a hard decision...

Misuzu
Regular

#18 Post by Misuzu »

I dont think you should change the name.

Its like a legacy, since this has grown from what was original the NaNoRenO competition. If it were me, I would actually write a FAQ page on the NaNoRenO site mentioning the history of it, the running joke that it doesnt mean anything, the events that changed it from just a ren'ai competition to a more open competition, and other interesting tidbits. But I wouldn't want to lose the name that has the legacy of previous authors already embedded within it.

But then again, thats just me.
[And besides, I don't want to have to redo the graphics and DNS *cough cough* ]

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#19 Post by lordcloudx »

since the discussion seems to have run its course, I'm gonna say I favor renai-only content just for the purpose of dissenting!

Not... hehe actually I'm in favor of letting any type of work as long as the dialogue isn't obscenely stoopid.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)