SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

#106 Post by mugenjohncel »

Obscura wrote:That looks seriously amazing, man.
Incidentally, is using Google sketchup copyrighted? Can you use their objects for commercial works?
Using the 3D objects themselves in-game?... Probably... but better be on the safe side and model your own objects. Now about using them as 2D like what I usually do... I think it's similar to fonts. You cannot freely use non-CC licensed fonts in your projects but you can use raster versions of the font...

Long story short... I think you can use them as 2D without worries but 3D?... Not sure...
Obscura wrote:If so, I think you might just want to set up shop and sell backgrounds as a fun side job.
Nah... Money is where the fun stops... :wink:

"POOF" (Disappears)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#107 Post by PyTom »

mugenjohncel wrote: Image
What does it look like with a character on top? Hyper-realistic isn't a good thing, if it stands out too much from your character art. And I think this background might be coming close to that point.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#108 Post by mugenjohncel »

After a long silence on this project...
UPDATE!

So I was thinking if I'll cheat my way and model exterior scenes and interiors on demand separately or go masochistic and model them both at the same time... I chose the later... it's more fun this way... :mrgreen:

I am now in the process of putting interior guts inside the buildings... one structure at a time so it is now like building a whole campus inside and out... from scratch...

Yes, even the Male and Female Toilet Rooms are present... I don't know if I'll be using them in-game but who knows...

The classrooms are very real and can be viewed and accessed from outside the corridor... oh and those doors are dynamic components so you can slide them open or close them with ease...

From outside, the details alone is looking beautiful...

Yes, maybe I have bitten more than I can chew but a tiny progress a day will eventually build up and accumulate...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

#109 Post by Boomsickle »

Wow That looks like stuff i used to do with AutoCad during high school. Very nicely done.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#110 Post by mugenjohncel »

And now comes the electrical and drainage provisions, all it needs now is POSHOME™ light gauge zinc coated galvanized load bearing steel, DRYVIT™ wallcladding and outsulation systems, a centralized ventilation (which I am in the process of adding now) and this could pass as a building plan... and all I needed is 4 BG's... I just can't stop adding details... I'm such a retard sometimes... and YES, the windows and doors can be opened and closed individually

"POOF" (Maybe I was meant to be an Architect after all... I tell you, this is way overkill for something as simple as a BG for OELVN's)

CSJ
Regular

#111 Post by CSJ »

Oh god yes. I cannot love this project more. Unless you somehow stuck an environmental club in. Now that would make it sustainable in more ways that one.
I would also write the shit out of it, as someone during environmental studies that has seen all types of people and been both in and out of school-based enviro groups.

Speaking of Architecture... from what I have seen of those models, the school has a very Modernist appearance. Lots of concrete, well-defined rectangular lines, leaning towards brutalism. It's not my cup of tea from a personal aesthetic POV, but it makes sense for newer (post-1950) public schools and is both easier to model and highly functional.

Both my High School and University drew upon that formula. In fact, the latter is used by Architecture classes as an example of late-era brutalist design.
R.S.P
In Australia, it's traditionally SPR. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#112 Post by LVUER »

I think we can even use the school model for FPS game ;)

OOT: BTW, my school is a mix of old and modern architecture. It's all because the building is declared as one of the city cultural heritage. So the old building part have old Dutch architecture while the new part uses modern architecture. My school look like a mess because of that.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW