SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

#16 Post by LVUER »

Awesome! And full map of the school is totally cool (I wish I enrolled at that school)...

Oh, and forget to say this, the protagonist is cute. I love her design ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Asuka Shinota-chi
Completed: In the Name of Love and DotA
Projects: In the Name of Love and DotA the Second Login

#17 Post by Asuka Shinota-chi »

WTF'riend!! Hahaha....Cool!!very cool!! :lol:
In the Name of love!!I'll send you something soon,maybe...
Last edited by Taleweaver on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed an absolutely off-topic picture

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#18 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update:

Since it's pretty obvious I'll have to cast the first stone and create the first few episodes before I call for help and scream I need writers since I suck at stories... I decided to familiarize myself with the main protagonist/antagonist of this series by drawing her in non-standard sprite poses and practice standardization... (see image below)

In related news... my Cintiq is totalled according to the service center and while I'm currently trying to convince my wife that the latest Cintiq Touch is better than buying an exact duplicate of what I just totalled... for the meantime I'm using an iPad and a compatible Wacom pen as a Cintiq substitute which is surprisingly performing quite well... except for the annoying lag sometimes and the screen size... :mrgreen:
Psst! Deji... I know you always wanted a Cintiq... just use an iPad and a compatible wacom pen... pretty much the same thing and portable too... trust me... just get used to the space between the screen and you're all set...
"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
still unnamed character practice sketch.jpg

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#19 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Hell, Mugen, *I* want a cintiq, and I'm not much of an artist. If you want an episode or six, I'll write them.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#20 Post by mugenjohncel »

DarkSpartan wrote:Hell, Mugen, *I* want a cintiq, and I'm not much of an artist. If you want an episode or six, I'll write them.
Ah!... That would be very awesome... Right now I'm currently forming the school and various NPC's so I'll be sure to contact you when the time comes...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#21 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I need -- or more specifically want -- a Cintiq. XDDD

I can write an episode for you. ^^

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#22 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm excited to see where this goes. I'll have to keep track of this, and maybe one of these days... :lol:

I'm going to have to drag myself off LSF and throw myself back in my writing hole now though.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#23 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!

Started modeling the actual buildings. First is probably the most boring building in the whole school... the administrative building... in the game, you can explore 5 places while in this building/area.. the Faculty/Teachers's Lounge, Principal's Office, Rooftop, and technically outside, the Front Door and the Fire Exit at the back...

Unlike my previous BG's where sky is the limit... I decided to impose a strict polygon quota for each element so if any of the future writers will like to do a flyby or simply wanted to view the school to have a very good visualization... he/she can do so with ease even on machines with not so very good specs.

While may or may not be used and abused I also added some details like... a fire exit and a door which leads to who knows where... but most likely be used as a sort of meeting point to cook up some uh... plans...

The textures are highly simplified, almost stylized and what kind of building doesn't have a ramp for skateboarding or will serve as easy access to the disabled like... people who got hurt while skating... Of course, in the hands of a good writer... a simple ramp such as this can be transformed into something relevant that might affect the future of humanity... or just place a banana peel somewhere around there and wait for something to happen so we can have a story to make a VN out of... :mrgreen:

The rooftop is a very special place in so many VN's where students and teachers usually eat, chat, do hentai, summon gigantic robots, look up in the sky and see the international space station or perhaps the usual alien spacecraft that comes every tuesdays and fridays or something funny like... spit at the person below. Anyways... this one doesn't have the the typical safety fence you'd usually expect to see... this is normal since this is the administrative building and is usually off limits to students (aka... those who are most likely to get involve in an accident) of course, deep down inside, we all know an accident will happen here sooner or later. I personally have special plans for this particular rooftop since it's height and being off limits normally make it a perfect place to launch piss filled plastic bags...

No need to add special lighting for night scenes since the story frame is strictly set during school hours... OK last preview... more to come

"POOF" (Disappears)...

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#24 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I think the for-the-disabled ramp looks a bit too steep to be a for-the-disabled ramp. XD I always walk on one when I cna't do anything and they're a little more... flatter. And there should be another rung beside the ramp, since some people can't manage the ramp without both hands on something.

I dunno, just dropping my two cents |D

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#25 Post by Sharm »

Lumen_Astrum is right, much too steep. I'd guess the ramp would have to be about 3 times as long to be the right grade. On a building like this you would normally see it run along the side of the building before hooking up to the landing on the entryway. The landing is also too narrow, anyone trying to navigate that on a wheelchair would tumble down the steps. Wait, did you do that on purpose to add to the prat falls?

I appreciate the limited polygon count, I think it'll help make things look cohesive as well. And as usual, your cg work is great!
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#26 Post by mugenjohncel »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I think the for-the-disabled ramp looks a bit too steep
That's the idea :mrgreen:
Sharm wrote:Wait, did you do that on purpose to add to the prat falls?
Someone is finally hovering on the same wavelength as I do :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#27 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!

We now add an interesting part of the School... the Swimming Pool... Unlike most pools... this one is built above ground which makes it look more interesting looking from the air...

It is also conveniently located near the Administrative Building giving a clear view of the pool from above if someone needed a peek... very exploitable :mrgreen:

And since this is above-ground... there is now enough hollow space inside the building to accommodate additional space for storage... in this case, they are used by various clubs to store their equipment... oh by the way, the gate/door can only be opened from the outside... I repeat... the gate/door can only be opened from the outside :wink:

Same thing with the Administrative Building... to save and limit polycount, I just slapped flat textures on places highly unlikely to be seen up-close...

OK Lumen, Sharm... I made the ramp for the pool slope more gently this time... :mrgreen:

Now I wonder how a writer can exploit this High Voltage area conveniently located under the pool without killing anyone...

Oh well... last preview... more to come... it is finally taking shape...

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#28 Post by mugenjohncel »

Why am I starting to get this feel that this is kinda overkill for an Elementary School... :?

"POOF" (Disappears)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#29 Post by Obscura »

This looks amazing. Even though it will probably all be obliterated to a smoking pile of rubble at some point, right?
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#30 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!

Finally, some Classrooms... it is not much... just generic looking school buildings with ridiculous limited poly-count (even less than the pool)

I can now visualize myself churning BG's like there's no tomorrow using this school BG... imagine... point, render, save... and the good thing about sketchup is that everything modeled so far is still under 2MB and all components are all original handmade by yours truly Uncle Mugen so I can upload it in the 3D warehouse for everyone to see, explore and use... and I don't mind if it's used in commercial purposes... just give me a tiny mention in the credit section and my blog URL and that will make me more than happy...

But the presence of the track and field makes me want to consider converting this school into a mix elementary / high school... just imagine... you have a whole set of ready to use setting and BG's where you can have several stories running at the same time all happening in this school... kinda like the current plan we have where I Uncle Mugen will accompany this still unnamed little girl in her quest for revenge while another writer will write a totally different story involving different characters going in the same school... maybe intertwine sometimes or go independent story...

Guess I need to create a Wiki to outline the guidelines like standardized uniform or school policies, world rules and restrictions and such so anyone who want to use this School as a setting will have a framework basis to work on seamlessly with existing or future projects...

Mix elementary and high-school Hmm... a romantic story between a stereotypical High School senior and a Grade Schooler... or a romantic comedy involving a female senior unofficially managing the elementary soccer (football?) team... or perhaps a love hate VN between two teachers who are tsundere for each other... how about a school wide horror survival story... or even port this whole BG into Counterstrike and go first person shooter... ahhhhh so many possibilities but no talent to write... it's hard being Uncle Mugen...

Also...
Obscura wrote:This looks amazing. Even though it will probably all be obliterated to a smoking pile of rubble at some point, right?
Please don't give the writers ideas... by the time we finished the initial project we could end up with doors and windows all over the place temporarily held together by Duct-Tape :mrgreen: And guess who gets to fix them :wink:

And while I'm at it I also remembered Skethup had a fog function which makes it possible to create Silent Hill like mood... :)

OK last preview...

"POOF" (Disappears)