SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: SUSTAINABLE, EPISODIC and RECYCLABLE SHORT GENERIC VN

#31 Post by LVUER »

Looking at this pictures, I really wish my school was like that...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#32 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

If I ever continue making Spiritual Equivalent, I'll really be snagging these models off 8D

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#33 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!!!

Added the Arts Building where activities such as Art, Music, Performance and other related activities is being conducted... it will be conveniently located besides the Auditorium (Now Under Construction)

Unlike the other buildings... this one has a name... this building is called Monele Arts Building in memory of one of the legendary VN devs I look up to, Monele... who made the most complicated Renpy game Magical Boutique when MIDI was still supported... yes the game had bugs here and there and exploitable in several places but it's state of the art for it's time...

The building is so colorful and lively it stands out even when viewed from a distance... it also has an large LED display for who knows what...

It will be very visible even on the far end corner of the school where the pool is now located

The nice thing about this building is that it compliments and merges the different sections surrounding it making for a very nice looking surrounding you can walk to... (is my English correct?)

Of course... since this is a ISO over 9000 certified School... it is expected to have amenities to accomodate students with... special needs... or just a decent ramp to launch a skateboard... :mrgreen:

OK Last preview... (Wow... that track and field section sure is a space hog)
LVUER wrote: Looking at this pictures, I really wish my school was like that...
I have a better idea... let's make an RSP sequel in this school... all the girls will be 18 of course :mrgreen:
Lumen_Astrum wrote:If I ever continue making Spiritual Equivalent, I'll really be snagging these models off 8D
No problem, you will love walking around the school premises, take a snapshot, post process and use as BG for your VN but the usage of this school will be subjected under a sort of basis framework like Uniforms, School Policies and other things... which may or may not change... but I'll concentrate on finishing this school for now...

"POOF" (Disappears)

You know... I still haven't decided the name for this school... perhaps something generic like Lower Bicutan International School or maybe after a person... either Alberto Gonzalez International School or John Smith School... I dunno... any suggestions?

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#34 Post by Greeny »

Schools tend to just be named after where they're located.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#35 Post by KomiTsuku »

Greeny wrote:Schools tend to just be named after where they're located.
Quite contrary, most schools I've been at or heard of are named after a famous person. All of the schools in my district but one were all named after presidents.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#36 Post by Hijiri »

KomiTsuku wrote:
Greeny wrote:Schools tend to just be named after where they're located.
Quite contrary, most schools I've been at or heard of are named after a famous person. All of the schools in my district but one were all named after presidents.
Second this. There are schools named after where they're located (My first HS was called South East High School because of where it was) but a majority of them are named after people. (The two closest schools to where I lived are named after Assembly member Wilmer Amina Carter and General Dwight D. Eisenhower)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#37 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!
But before anything else... please excuse the square shadows of the trees... this is just a preview for bragging and attention-whoring purposes :mrgreen:

I noticed how flat the school will look like if I spread sideways so I'll add a few heights here and there... just look at that 40 foot stair students will have to climb just to get to their classes... I'm sure they will love it... :mrgreen:

Students with special needs are also taken into consideration... by adding an even longer ramp to climb up to :mrgreen:

Look into the bright side... you'll get to appreciate the nice view of... the school building in front of you... :mrgreen:

And while I'm at it... I addressed a comment I received via email from a very sharp eyed person here in Lemmasoft who wishes to remain anonymous by opening a section of the fence so students who wishes to go to the other side of the track and field won't have to go all the way around... (seriously, why email... can't you just PM me here... )

OK last preview... it is beginning to look better and better...

Another view this time with wires on...

It won't be long now before I started my beg-a-thon for writers who can help me flesh out my ideas while filtering my preference for adding diarrhea into the stories just for the sake of adding them... (what?... You think I'm joking about the Diarrhea part?... Look at my previous works and see for yourself :mrgreen: )

"POOF" (Disappears)

Oh wait... I just had this magnificent original idea for a story, please hear me out...
What if this whole school was set in the afterlife like a purgatory of sorts and the students are actually frustrated individuals who unfortunately died young and are given by god a sort of consolation prize by having them experience a happy school life they didn't experience when they were alive... once they are satisfied they "POOF" (Disappears) and gets reincarnated to make way for new incoming batch of students...
And everything happens inside the school.... YEAH!!! I'm so good at this... it's so original I'm so gonna be rich!!! :mrgreen:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#38 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!

Added a sort of walkway along the side of the track and field offering a better view... or just a place to stroll...

The Administration Building is now re purposed and will now become the Clinic that also holds Dental and others... this is better since it is conveniently located smack in between and near the Classroom and the Track and Field in case someone needed medical attention...

And a overview of what has been done so far...

Right now I have the following sections of the School...
▪ Track and Field
▪ Soccer Field (Football Field)
▪ Classroom - High School
▪ Arts Building (Mixed use Elementary / High School)
▪ Swimming Pool (Mixed use Elementary / High School)
▪ Incinerator (Behind Clinic)
▪ Medical Clinic Building (Formerly Administration Building)

What I still needed to do...
▪ School Gym (Basketball court, Aikido, Judo and others share the building)
▪ Auditorium (Ceremonies and others)
Fully Operational Non Functioning Long Range Artillery Cannon (Monument of some sort from a bygone era)
▪ Cafeteria
▪ New Administration Building
▪ Old Class Building (To be re-purposed as club activities building holding various clubs)
▪ Old Class Building (Dilapidated condition no longer in use and sealed awaiting demolition)
▪ Classroom - Elementary
Baseball Field (Nah!... This can wait)
▪ Blank dirt field (For no apparent reason)
▪ Science Building (Classrooms optimized for Science Lesson (Mixed use Elementary / High School)
▪ Home Economics Building (Elementary)
▪ Library (How could I forgot this one)

Maybe I still miss something... Anyone can help me fill this list of things I needed to add to make this a truly universal School fit for Elementary / High School?

Also, I'm now taking suggestions for a School name... something generic that can fit in any locality like Armando Fernando Gonzalez International School or something or even more simpler than that...

"POOF" (Waiting Warmly)

Edit:
Oh by the way... I created a Wiki for this project which I will update along the way...
http://projectgakuen.wikia.com/wiki/Pro ... eries_Wiki
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

EroBotan
Veteran

#39 Post by EroBotan »

how about gym storage building? It can be useful to trap two innocent students who are interested in each other in order to create more awkward scenes ...
Last edited by EroBotan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#40 Post by mugenjohncel »

EroBotan wrote:gym storage building? It can be useful to trap two innocent students who are interested in each other in order to create more awkward scenes ...
That's exactly my purpose when I made those storage facilities in the pool building...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 82#p235682
And since this is above-ground... there is now enough hollow space inside the building to accommodate additional space for storage... in this case, they are used by various clubs to store their equipment... oh by the way, the gate/door can only be opened from the outside... I repeat... the gate/door can only be opened from the outside
I like the way you think my friend... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#41 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:
LVUER wrote: Looking at this pictures, I really wish my school was like that...
I have a better idea... let's make an RSP sequel in this school... all the girls will be 18 of course :mrgreen:
I will hold you to that words, Mugen... some day... But why they're all must 18?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

EroBotan
Veteran

#42 Post by EroBotan »

mugenjohncel wrote:That's exactly my purpose when I made those storage facilities in the pool building...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 82#p235682
Seems I missed that one when reading this thread ^^;. I'm glad that you've everything planned already :D
LVUER wrote:I will hold you to that words, Mugen... some day... But why they're all must 18?
I sense a lolicon's dream is being shattered XD

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#43 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!!!...

Finally managed to make the tree cast shadows that "somewhat" resembles trees... right now it's not perfect but once I rendered them they will look awesome...

And with that I got involved in massive tree planting operations and added some trees here...

And a few more here...

And here...

And some more here...

And a lot here which looks nice since it adds this really cool looking shade...

And most importantly... the addition of this Microsoft inspired building which for some odd reason I can't decide if this will be the mixed use library, the admin building or just let them both use the building...

Whew!... At least all the fruits of my labor is finally coming together... and despite the complexity of this model... this whole Campus right now is a measly 7MB made possible by using various optimizing tricks and using flat textures whenever possible...

Now if only we have a story we can use to make an OELVN...
EroBotan wrote:I sense a lolicon's dream is being shattered XD
LVUER wrote:But why they're all must 18?
Uh guys... you know they're only 18 on paper for safety reasons :wink: This is a mix Elementary / Highschool facility so the possibilities are endless... that is if we are lucky enough to find a writer...

"POOF" (Wiki... why are you so hard to use?)

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Alex »

"Let there be pool and trees...", next step should be birds, fishies and animal - then you could create a man...))
Nice looking school. And if you could add something on the horizon (hills, trees, buildings, sea)...

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#45 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!...

And now we add the Gym... which is just a plain old building with a basketball court inside. Somehow it kinda looked like a cross between a warehouse and the nearest McDonalds outlet... but that's how School Gyms are... so how do we make it look more interesting?...

By adding trees... lot's of it!... Actually, any scenery can be improved by adding some foliage of some sort... of course it's not applicable in some locale's and situation...

Oh by the way... no vehicles beyond this point...

Removed a few trees in the Microsoft inspired building that will now serve as both the Library and Administration Building... it also now has a sky roof...

The hill in the farside now looked more natural...

And while we're at it might as well construct a new set of stairs that will serve as shortcuts going to the Elementary Classrooms (Now under construction)

Not part of the project is this Gundam I downloaded to play with it a bit... also experimented with a Sketchup Native Skybox...

Last preview... unfortunately the view is now obscured by a nasty sandstorm... better luck next time... :mrgreen:
Alex wrote:"Let there be pool and trees...", next step should be birds, fishies and animal - then you could create a man...))
Nice looking school. And if you could add something on the horizon (hills, trees, buildings, sea)...
Let's create the girls first, then the neko-girls followed by the soda machine... then the man :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)