A Manga Title "Generator" (Possible VN/KN inspiration?)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

A Manga Title "Generator" (Possible VN/KN inspiration?)

#1 Post by Twisted-Eva »

Here's the link to the title generator

Some fun times with this generator. I don't know if anyone has ever used it before. Even though the link i found it on was titled to be used for shoujo or general manga titles, it gave me an idea. How about using this generator and turn it into a short contest of VNs or KNs based on the randomization of title words?

Titles I got and the impression of what I'd imagine to be possible genres:
  • Secret Nostalgia (Slice-of-life highschool/romance)
    Snowy Peach Land (Fantasy/ light-hearted romance)
    Student Memories Airship (Action/drama/friendship)
    Goodbye! Alchemical Festival (Comedy/slice-of-life/fantasy/friendship)
    Ribbon Green Priestess (comedy/romance/fantasy/mystery/yuri)
    Let's Go! Amnesiac Story (comedy/light-hearted drama/slice-of-life/epitome of amnesia cliche)
    My Friend, Poison Shinigami (Comedy/friendship/adventure)
    Maria-sama is Apocalypse Petshop (Horror/comedy/wut?)
    Your Galactic Puppet (Comedy)
    Precious Shrine Friends (Friendship/yuri/slice-of-life/drama)
    Number One Plus (Comedy/shonen/action/sports)
    Snow White Green Tea Remembered (I don't know about this one... the title's a mess)
    Academy of Sweet from Hell (Horror)
    Afternoon Best Recipe (Cooking/drama/slice-of-life/yaoi/harem/shojo)
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

Re: A Manga Title "Generator" (Possible VN/KN inspiration?)

#2 Post by Geckos »

I got
La Petit Combat Secretary
best thing ever.

-edit-
Detective Sunshine Dress
THIS is the best thing ever.
Image ImageImage

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#3 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

I got so many I liked >.<
  • Please Save My Scrapped Alliance
    Paradox Dream Angel--> Paradox? Dream? YES.
    He is My Idol By the Sea --> Cute and dreamy-sounding
    Do Your Best! Handsome Oblivion--> if I could turn the reverse harem on its head *u*
    Heartbreak Signal--> interesting for romance/slice-of-life ^_^
    Diary of Mechanical Prince-->Maybe more KN than VN.
    Crazy Crazy Chocolate Generation--> SO want to use this one. I (sorta) call it!
    Afternoon Marshmallow Cat --> lazy days~~~
    Only One Blue Doll

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#4 Post by ShippoK »

Take Me to Ballroom Death God
Sigh Android Mama
There Can Be Only One Dearest Curry
True Funky Evening

Oh god my sides. These one's are amazing.

Here's some more:
Ribbon Ghost Cafe (Horror/Comedy)
One Sad Story (Drama or Tragedy)
Number One Galaxy Carnival (Comedy)
She is My Laughing Moon (Romance)
Teatime Recipe (Comedy/Drama)
Heartbreak / World (Action or Adventure)
First Violin (Drama)
No Forest Goddess (Adventure/Tragedy)
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#5 Post by Cidz »

You know what, I'm going to use this to name my VN I'm working on for nanowrimo.
The 1st result I got was Good Morning, Heart-shaped Moon
I like it, my VN shall be called that.

Some other ones I got:
- Hidden Nostalgic Band (maybe a music/shoujo.)
- Yesterday's Girls Idol (a shoujo about a girl who use to be an idol but now is washed up and forgotten)
- Junior Whisper Street (i have no idea, let's make it a slice of life shoujo about kids going through puberty idk.)
- California Angelic By the Sea (maybe an angel someone found wandering around the sea in california?)
- Festival Fruit Mine (I'll be honest this sounds like the next harvest moon game >_> )

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#6 Post by Coren »

100% Tale (The Captain Obvious tale, apparently)
Airship Charming Bouquet (How... amusingly romantic)
Evening Fairy Vampires (... wow.)
Delicate Airship Detectives (THIS SOUNDS AMAZING LOL)
Ancient Exile Ballet (.. heh?)
Rainbow Parfait (Now this sounds normal enough. For a sickeningly sweet shoujo manga.)
Evening Fairy Tea (This too.)
Starry and Musume (Wha- this makes no sense)
Ebony Fruits Ocean (Wow, can you imagine? Black fruits floating in the sea! Delico.)
Revolutionary Evergreen Heaven (What can I say? It's REVOLUTION-wait for it-NARY!)
Sweet Judo Cherry (... If it were just Sweet Cherry it would've been normal. The Judo part, however...)
Heart of Fragrant Childhood (You could totally write a Hansel and Gretel story from the witch's pov, and title it this)
Spooky Maniac Mirror (Soooo spooky!)
Be Rhythm (Nice lack of grammar there)
Angelic Alchemical Charm
Crazy Crazy Love College
Maria-sama is Railway Restaurant...

okay I'm going to stop.

llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

#7 Post by llplldll »

Wow, this is addicting. I might actually use this! :o
The ones I loled @ were:
-Dawn Enchanted Cookies (when you eat these you're magically transported to a fantasy world?)
-Shrine Maniac Panic (Probably about a shrine otaku that can transform into a giant mecha)
-Farewell, My Student Ramen (lol, wut?)
-Burning Demon Bouquet (about a girl getting courted by a demon boy I guess... XD)
-Beautiful Top-Secret Butler (I would definitely play something with this title.)
-Delicate Spirit Explosion (Sounds like an H-game but idk, delicate and explosion used in the same title is always golden.)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#8 Post by Kokoro Hane »

LOL I love this title generator! I remember on some forums, we would play a game to write manga descriptions of whatever title you get. 'Twas fun. There should be a Ren'Py event where you make a collection of short stories based on these whacky titles XD

I actually have a list saved of all the titles I have gotten with this thing, with my random descriptions, but for this thread, here are some new ones I just came up with now.

Love Forgotten Mama - About a mam who's been forgotten, but is still loved? Inspirational/Tragic.

The Portrait of Chocolate King - A bunch of kids discover an ancient painting of the Chocolate King, and are then transported into a magical land of sweets on a quest to find him and restore him to the throne. Kids/Adventure.

Lace Cakes and Goddess - This seriously sounds like it'd be some kinda hentai XD

Dynamite Legendaryholic - In the society of Holics, there is one who is considered a legend, who randomly throws dynamite in unsuspecting places to instill fear in the masses. Ummm.... Action/Shounen/Comedy

Bright Rose - One rose, with the brightest colors, kept them connected. Romance.

Golden Mysterious Chronicles - A sacred book, a magical power, the mystery you must solve to unlock it.... Adventure/Fantasy/Shoujou maybe?
Fun Bandit Dream - A team of bandits since childhood go for their last run. Shounen.

Cat Festival Blossom - A mystical festival of cat people a human named Jun stumbles upon by accident. Seinen? LOL.

Fox's Dashion Cookies - Only on a full moon at midnight are humans given the possibility of crossing into the spirit world. At the entrance, you might find the Dashion stands, run by kitsune, famous for their legendary cookies. Supernatural.

Junior Piano Plus - Young children who are prodigies are signed up for a competitive piano competition called Junior Piano Plus. Full of rivalry, betrayal, friendship, and more! Can these 5-10 year olds win the special prize? Ummm.... Kids/Slice of Life.

No Flower - About a tomboyish girl with an attitude who is definitely no flower, but will a kind boy soften her heart a bit? Shoujo/Romance,.

100% Fruit Rainbow - This....sounds yuri XD

Harajuku Shadow Queen - A fierce woman named Harajuku, bent on taking over the planet, ruling with her shadow powers. Dark/Supernatural.

And other titles I got:
Blurry Dancing Idol
Silent Princess Clan
Another Halloween Z
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

#9 Post by Taosym »

I think I win on Yuri-factor.

Melody of Cherry-Blossom-Colored Prelude

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#10 Post by teacup »

I'm having way too much fun with this. :lol:

Code Tea - Hmm, maybe an innocent looking teashop that's actually the headquarters for a secret mafia or something?

Butterfly Apocalypse Myth - This actually sounds kind of cool, but not exactly as a title for a VN.

Cakes and Green Love - Aww <3 I love this title! Obviously it would be about baking and romance!

Ganbatte! Spring Prince - this could be a story about some kind of prince competition that takes place in spring... maybe you get to train/level up your favorite guy so he can win a beauty competition or something? This is really making my imagination go wild.

Nobody Knows My Wedding Children - Actually sounds more like a soap opera name, haha

Number One Prince Cake - Another one about baking and love, probably. I really like this one too, sounds like a game I'd play xD

You Are My Heartbeat Winter - Hmm. I'm not sure why but I actually like this title. Maybe I'll use it for something someday, despite it not being grammatically correct.

Pretty Cute Death God - haha, this sounds like a generic H-game about a loli shinigami.

La Petit Sensei in the Sky - This one just made me laugh, mainly because it's three languages in one title.

Dokidoki Fruit Magic - Oh man. This sounds like a weeaboo's dream game, LOL

Farewell, My Tangerine Heartbeat - Very melodramatic.

100% Magician Friends - Sounds kinda like a child's cartoon xD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#11 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

The ones I liked:
  • Pumpkin Chef - A cooking otome VN with all the bachelors sous chefs!
  • Hidden This? - Maybe a mystery VN, while you hunt down the culprit of a stolen item.... it suits more a hidden object game though.
  • True Love's Letter - A sappy romance otome. XD
  • Heiress of Fruit Book - It sounds like it can fit a farming simulation...
  • Recipe for Clock - Once again, cooking. Or maybe time-stopping mania.
  • Spirit Tears - ... will perfectly fitr a drama romance game.
  • It's Occult Nostalgia - Oooh this looks like it can fit an occult-themed comedy >D
  • Tea Peach - Although I thing Peach Tea fits more, this sounds kind of cool.
  • Kiss of Detectives - Otome, with all the bachelors detectives or policemen or investigators. >D
Okay I'll stop.

Arelune
Regular

#12 Post by Arelune »

This is just too much fun. :P

Happy Sugar-sprinkled Diary : Upon arriving home, you realise your newly bought eatable diary can actually talk! Oh my. Listen for hours to his sugary sweet secrets and be sure to silence him before he tells yours. (Comedy, possible Romance)

Happy Fairy Team : This is the tale of the Happy Fairy Team. They fight crime. :D (Comedy, Fantasy)

Berry Pudding: Everyone always laughed at Berry Pudding's name. But not anymore! Follow her adventures as she takes revenge, with pudding of course. (REVENGE)

Sunflower Train Childhood : A long time ago a train always passed her house that nobody else but her and the neighbour kid could see. It was made out of sunflowers. But after her neighbour dissapeared it stopped coming. What will happen when she sees it again? (Melancholy)

Ballet Doll Chef : When you got a job at that new restaurant, you certainly weren't expecting everyone to dance ballet as they serve and cook. If you don't wish to be fired, you must now do the same. BTW you're a doll. (Comedy)

Love Legendary Heartbeat: Her heart stopped, yet she is still alive. Now this strange creature appears in her room and tells her to fulfill a profecy. If the person with no heartbeat doesn't fall in love by the end of the year, the world will fall in ruins. (Romance, Fantasy) Or about a zombie that needs some good loving.

Photograph of Chaos Book: Watch out, don't look at this picture, for it is a photograph of the book of Chaos. You don't want to unlease chaos, do you? (Horror)

Demon Fun Clan: Who says demons can't have fun? We exist right? We will show all those serious demons, just how stupid they are. (Fantasy, Comedy)

Half Sweet X : The mysterious agent X has a secret. Well, he has multiple, but he has a huge one. He has...an other self, who isn't as sweet as him... I know, scary right? (Spy, maybe Romance)

Hell Somebody's Ramen: I just want some ramen! Where is my ramen?! Hell, someone, just gimme some ramen!! - The disastrous quest for some ramen. (Comedy)

Some others I liked:
Sweet Azure Express
Hidden Maniac Fate
Ocean Forgotten Tomorrow
Dagger of Snowflake Girlfriend
Nobody Knows My @ Wedding
Crazy Crazy Poetic Mystery (double crazies!)
Land of Blush Pop

existentia

#13 Post by existentia »

Here I hoped to do something constructive this evening, and you lobbed a distraction grenade right into my face.

"Wedding Zeppelin Fortress" kind of begs to be the title of a CD by one of those bands that never smiles and has blurry, black-and-white videos. Next click? "Romantic Party Clan" Obviously the band that recorded WZF (That's what their longtime fans call it).

Now, I have to decide whether to pursue that storyline, or work on this almost-due thesis, or catch up on the pile laundry that qualifies for historic landmark status.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#14 Post by MaiMai »

You know what, I'll give this a go with summaries to boot.

Number One Starry Thief - (Comedy/Action) It's like Magic Kaito, but with more stars, sparkles, and bubbles.

Cherry Fairy Magic- (Fantasy/Adventure/Romance) Cherry is a fairy who is very weary, of her scary magic exam. Little does Cherry know that she is a very special fairy with magic that will save the fairy world!!

Blossom Chaos I Love You- (Romance/Eroge) It's like Shuffle, but with more overt plant and flower references if possible. Oh and you can be a girl if you'd prefer the yuri route.

X Sweet Tooth Paradise -(Comedy/High-School) You are a high school girl who's never had a boyfriend in your pitiful 16+ years of existence. Suddenly there are dudes and you need a date for the upcoming prom or else you owe your brother 50 bucks (THE BASTARD). Also candy jokes and the X is in the title because there will be a punk rock band somewhere in the story.

Heartbreak Lyrical Clock -(Drama) A oneshot KN about a mysterious clock shop where time doesn't seem to pass inside for the handsome shop owner... (okay this one I might take seriously even with a goofy name like that)

X Devil Mask- ("Shounen"/Action/Horror) It's like Kuroshitsuji except with even less historical accuracy and more pretty British boys. Blimey.

Eerie Velvet Romance- (Vampires/Romance) Vampires.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't mind making a Vn out of X Sweet Tooth Paradise and Heartbreak Lyrical Clock...
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Mad Bat
Regular

#15 Post by Mad Bat »

Androgynous Summer MANIA - You are the epitome of straight. Indeed, it almost seems like your goal in life is to reinforce straight stereotypes. What, then, are you to do when you show up at the beach on the first day of your long-awaited summer vacation and you can't for the life of you tell who has a johnson and who doesn't?! (Romance/Comedy)

Your Saint Sisters - An H-game in which it is revealed that your sisters aren't quite as saintly as you thought. (Ecchi/PWP)

My Family is Sparkling Cocoa - A spin-off of the Twilight series in which an epidemic of people being turned not into sparkling vampires but sparkling COCOA has broken out. It's up to you to save your family before somebody accidentally drinks them! (Comedy)

@ Vampires - In a world where vampires are staked on sight, what is a lonely teen blood-sucker to do? @ Vampires, a secret mailing list for angsty teens just like you, is here to help! (Drama/Romance)

It's Time For Cherry-Blossom-Colored Wine - Everyone knows that drinking the cherry-blossom-colored wine is tantamount to a death sentence. In a dystopian future where average citizens are at the mercy of the whims of the elite, how will you escape the fate of this deceptively beautiful poison when you refuse to bow down to your self-appointed masters any longer? (Post-Apocalyptic/Tragedy/Action)

Gangster Girlfriend Cat - You and everyone else around you have always thought you were asexual. Indeed, no matter how attractive or charming the male or female who approached you, you never had even the slightest romantic interest in them. How, then, did you manage to find yourself falling for a talking cat...who also happens to be a gangster?! (Comedy/Romance/Touch of Action)